List of Courses
Why Computing & Digital Technology @ HELP?
- Industry endorsed programmes – Industry Advisory Board (IAB) provides advice to align curriculum with industry’s needs to ensure graduates’ employability.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Robust linkages with the industry to provide internships for undergraduates and graduates.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Expert guest lecturers from the industry.
- Great career prospects – 99.99% employability for graduates. Our graduates have been employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, HP, Intel, Citibank, IBM, etc.
- Low lecturer-student ratio
- Excellent teaching faculty – 80% of lecturers with over 10 years teaching and industry experience.
- Excellent teaching faculty – All lecturers have Masters qualifications.
- Industry strength for final year projects – students are provided opportunities to work on industry strength projects with industry partners.
- Align you to contemporary industry standard
- Up to date curriculum aligned by our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- Highly sought after graduates employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, Intel, Citibank, HP, IBM, MIMOS, HSBC etc.
- Opportunity to work on industry strength projects with our industry partners
- Excellent lecturers with more than 10 years of industry and teaching experience
Vlog Kong Yuki internship experience at shopee.
Student Internship Experience
HELP IT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE 2020
To celebrate its success in receiving the Premier Digital Technology (PDTU) status awarded by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) and endorsed by the Malaysian Ministry of Education, HELP University is pleased to offer financial assistance for all its HELP information technology (IT) undergraduate programmes. These include the Bachelor of IT (Hons); BIT (Hons) Data Analytics and Diploma in Information Technology.
These programmes have been developed in consultation with the IT industry to ensure that graduates are prepared for the requirements of practice. We offer a mix of academic and workplace learning environments. When they graduate, our students embark on exciting careers with our industry partners. The Financial Scholarship Scheme is part of a joint effort to develop a strong core of Malaysian IT professionals with the talent, skill sets and ability to contribute meaningfully to the IT sector. Our students have opportunities to acquire industry knowledge even while studying in university.
The Financial Assistance is summarized in the table below:
- Up to 30% Tuition Fee Waiver for 25 academic courses and 5 MPU courses.
- Continuation of 30% tuition fee waiver for Year 2 if CGPA ≥ 2.75 (for Year 1 courses); AND
- Continuation of 30% tuition fee waiver for Year 3 if CGPA ≥ 2.75 (for Year 2 courses);
- Up to 30% Tuition Fee Waiver for 19 academic courses and 4 MPU courses.
- Continuation of 30% tuition fee waiver for Year 2 if CGPA ≥ 2.75 (for Year 1 courses);
Any one of-
- Recognised Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 3.25 (non-HELP Foundation)
- 2 ‘A’ Level passes with 2Bs;
AND 3 ‘O’ Level credits, including a credit in Mathematics.
- 3 SPM credits (including a pass in BM, Sejarah & a credit in Mathematics)
January, February, May, August & October
Retention in the financial assistance:
- The student MUST maintain full-time enrolment & complete the programme.
- The student MUST maintain > 80% attendance in lectures and tutorials for each courses.
- The student MUST maintain at least CGPA 2.75 each semester.
- The student MUST maintain minimum of 40 contribution hours (long semesters) & 20 contribution hours (short semesters) of his/her time to assist the faculty.
- Meeting the minimum criteria does not automatically guarantee the applicant a financial assistance.
- All financial assistance applications will be evaluated and short-listed by the IT Scholarship Committee, HELP University. This Committee reserves the right to revise the criteria from time to time without prior notice. Decision of the IT Financial Assistance Committee is final.
- This financial assistance is ONLY applicable for those entering the programme without being granted any exemption.
An application form is attached for your perusal. If you have queries or would like additional information, please contact Mr. Edward Soo (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving a financial assistance application from you. Your form will be forwarded to the Financial Assistance Committee for consideration, and you will be informed of the decision before the start of the semester.
With thanks and best wishes
Associate Professor Dr. Sien Ven Yu
Dean, Faculty of Computing and Digital Technology
Job assistance and internships are available for our graduates via industry linkages and career exposure. Our students are highly sought after by leading companies. Some of our students have been employed by Accenture, IBM, Citibank, Maxis Communications, IBM, Motorola Malaysia, MIMOS, Sapura Holdings, Broadcast Network Systems (ASTRO), Shell, HP and many others.
INDUSTRY ENDORSEMENT & SUPPORT
An Industry Advisory Board (IAB) was established by the Department of Information Technology (ITD) to ensure that the IT programmes offered are relevant and effective for its undergraduates; and to strengthen the department’s ties with the computing industry. The IAB consists of senior industrialists and professionals with local and global representation eg HT Consulting, IBM, Microsoft, TMS, DiGi and Gamonster.
The IAB advises on course content in the context of industrial trends and employment prospects, and supports ITD’s activities in placing undergraduates in internship programmes and graduates in employment upon graduation. The IAB also provides advice on research activity and opportunities.