List of Courses
Why Computing & Digital Technology @ HELP?
- Industry endorsed programmes – Industry Advisory Board (IAB) provides advice to align curriculum with industry’s needs to ensure graduates’ employability.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Robust linkages with the industry to provide internships for undergraduates and graduates.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Expert guest lecturers from the industry.
- Great career prospects – 99.99% employability for graduates. Our graduates have been employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, HP, Intel, Citibank, IBM, etc.
- Low lecturer-student ratio
- Excellent teaching faculty – 80% of lecturers with over 10 years teaching and industry experience.
- Excellent teaching faculty – All lecturers have Masters qualifications.
- Industry strength for final year projects – students are provided opportunities to work on industry strength projects with industry partners.
- Align you to contemporary industry standard
- Up to date curriculum aligned by our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- Highly sort after graduates employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, Intel, Citibank, HP, IBM, MIMOS, HSBC etc.
- Opportunity to work on industry strength projects with our industry partners
- Excellent lecturers with more than 10 years of industry and teaching experience
HELP IT INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP 2019
Together with our industry partners, HELP University is pleased to offer scholarships for all its HELP information technology (IT) undergraduate programmes. These include the Bachelor of IT (Hons); BIT (Hons) Data Analytics and BIT (Hons) Mobile Computing.
These programmes have been developed in consultation with the IT industry to ensure that graduates are prepared for the requirements of practice. We offer a mix of academic and workplace learning environments. When they graduate, our students embark on exciting careers with our industry partners. The Scholarship Scheme is part of a joint effort to develop a strong core of Malaysian IT professionals with the talent, skill sets and ability to contribute meaningfully to the IT sector. Our students have opportunities to acquire industry knowledge even while studying in university.
- Up to 50% Tuition Fee Waiver for NINE (9) Year 1 academic subjects only.
Any one of –
- Recognised Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.50 (non-HELP Foundation)
- STPM: CGPA 2.50;
- 2 ‘A’ Level passes with 1A;
- 5 Bs in UEC with 1A;
- Requiring financial assistance;
AND 3 SPM / ‘O’ Level credits, including a pass in BM, Sejarah & a credit in Mathematics.
January, April, May, August, October
Retention in the scholarship:
- The student MUST maintain full-time enrolment & complete the programme.
- The student MUST maintain > 80% attendance in lectures and tutorials for each subject.
- The student MUST maintain at least CGPA 2.00 each semester.
- The student MUST maintain minimum of 40 contribution hours (long semesters) & 20 contribution hours (short semesters) of his/her time to assist the faculty.
- Meeting the minimum criteria does not automatically guarantee the applicant a scholarship.
- All scholarship applications will be evaluated and short-listed by the IT Scholarship Committee, HELP University. This Committee reserves the right to revise the criteria from time to time without prior notice. Decision of the IT Scholarship Committee is final.
- April and October intakes are ONLY applicable for those entering the programme without being granted any exemption.
- This scholarship is ONLY applicable for those entering the programme without being granted any exemption.
An application form is attached for your perusal. If you have queries or would like additional information, please contact Mr. Frodo Yam (email@example.com). We look forward to receiving a scholarship application from you. Your form will be forwarded to the Scholarship Committee for consideration, and you will be informed of the decision before the start of the semester.
Job assistance and internships are available for our graduates via industry linkages and career exposure. Our students are highly sought after by leading companies. Some of our students have been employed by Accenture, IBM, Citibank, Maxis Communications, IBM, Motorola Malaysia, MIMOS, Sapura Holdings, Broadcast Network Systems (ASTRO), Shell, HP and many others.
INDUSTRY ENDORSEMENT & SUPPORT
An Industry Advisory Board (IAB) was established by the Department of Information Technology (ITD) to ensure that the IT programmes offered are relevant and effective for its undergraduates; and to strengthen the department’s ties with the computing industry. The IAB consists of senior industrialists and professionals with local and global representation eg HT Consulting, IBM, Microsoft, TMS, DiGi and Gamonster.
The IAB advises on course content in the context of industrial trends and employment prospects, and supports ITD’s activities in placing undergraduates in internship programmes and graduates in employment upon graduation. The IAB also provides advice on research activity and opportunities.