Nur Hidayah binti Zaili Razib
“This programme is very practical from the very beginning. Lecturers will give their constructive criticism for your improve on your work or on yourself. You’ll be attending a lot of talks in regards to the field and be meeting people from the industry even before you step your foot out to look for employment. My favourite subjects were Principles of Advertising, Advertising Campaign, Media Marketing, Advanced Marketing Communication. The lecturers have industrial experience and very hands-on when it comes to their lectures or tutors. And what people said about the lecturers was right all along. I have no regrets at all.”
- Programme: Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication)
- Scholarship(s):Awarded the Merit Scholarship for August 2016 Semester
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded the HELP University President Award in 2017.
- 4th Runner Up, Halal Tech Challenge, HTVB & Ministry of Finance.
- Best Student Award for Semester 05 in University Teknologi Mara Melaka.
- Dean’s List Award for Semester 02, 03 & 04 in University Teknologi Mara Melaka
Tiara Jane Anchant
- Programme: BComm (Hons) Media Studies, First Class Honours
- High School: Assunta Secondary School
- Scholarship(s): Recipient of the Star Education Fund Scholarship
- Current work/study: Currently working as Production Intern at Core Studios (2016)
- Hometown: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Awards & Achievements
- Lecturer’s Choice Award.
- Academic Achiever Award.
- Korean Government Scholarship for Student Exchange Programme to Kyunghee University, South Korea.
- Outstanding Student Award fir the Intensive Korean Language and Culture Programme at Dankook University
Yap Ze Wei
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Public Relations), completed with HELP Merit Award scholarship for 3 years in succession.
Awarded full scholarship for Help University- Korean 3-week Summer Exchange Program at Dankook University for the Korean Immersion Program (KIP) in 2017.
Participated in Training program – “Urban Poverty Study Journalism Training Program” organized by UNICEF and DM Analytics
Active participation in academic and extra-curricular activities at HWLP, including:
- Committee of “Our Colours Down Syndrome Awareness Program” in 2017,
- Logistics Team member of 10th HELP Cup Asia High School Chinese Debate Open Championship 2017
- Volunteer for Help University Korean Carnival, 2017
- General Affairs participant in Chinese Stage Play 2018
Leroy Choong Chee Meng
- Founding President – Creative Productions Society
- Chairperson – HELP Film Festival 2014
Jocelyn Cheng Hui Ting
Content Creator at Caspian Digital Solutions
Graduated with HELP University BComm (Media Studies) (1st Class Honours), 2018
From Taiping, Perak, and studied at SMK Convent High School, Taiping with Perak State 30% Bursary for STPM
Academic and extra-curricular activities at HELP:
- Organising Committee & Activities Planner for OUR COLOURS: Down Syndrome Awareness Event
- Participated in a live broadcast on National TV to raise awareness on Down Syndrome
- Marketing Team Member of Radio Club
- HELP Korean Carnival Photographer
- Published ‘No Return’, a short story in The Star newspaper
- Buddy role for Korean exchange students (HELP Korean Buddy Programme)
“The best part of studying at HELP is getting to know the experienced, easy-going lecturers. I learned so much from each of them and they inspired me to push myself to my limit. The staff members are kind and friendly too! Video assignments are my favourite coursework because I get to explore and express creativity in so many ways as the lecturers are always open to our ideas, no matter how unconventional or ‘bizarre’ they may seem. Contrary to popular’ belief, life as a Media Studies student wasn’t easy, but tough times passed like a breeze because I was surrounded by positive and supportive people. If you dream of having an exciting and rewarding tertiary education in Communication, think no further – HELP is the one”.
Yarhvin Kumar A/L Ram Kumar
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (1st Class Hons), 2019, with a CGPA score of 3.89.
Yarhvin is from Kuala Lumpur and completed his Foundation in Arts at HELP University.
Extra-curricular activities at HELP:
- Co-Founder of COMM Voice of the Communication Student Council
- Vice President of Comm Voice, 2015-2017
- Active HELP Student Representative Council member
- Vice President of Commywood (Communication Dept. Proms, 2016)
- Active HELP Sports Carnival Participant
Hoh Ve Ann
Marketing Executive with YTL Hotels
Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (1st Class Hons), 2019, with HELP Merit Scholarship awarded for Year 2 studies, on the basis of achieving a CGPA of 3.60. Ve Ann obtained a High Distinction grade for her final year thesis research paper on factors influencing consumer perception of quality towards skin care products.
Ve Ann was in the public relations team for Stand up for Charity, a night of Stand Up comedy performance which proceeds were donated to Bunga-Bunga Syurga, a foundation for children with down syndrome.
Ve Ann is from Ampang, Kuala Lumpur and studied at SMK Bukit Indah.
“Studying at HELP equipped me with a range of skills that was really useful in terms of my competence when I started my first job. From organizing events to executing marketing campaigns to copywriting and designing collaterals, I was very lucky to have acquired these skills during my time in university. It was also through my amazing lecturers that I truly fell in love with the art and science of communications!”
Lui Wai Teng
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) (1st Class Hons), 2019, with HELP Loyalty Bursary.
Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2015
Grew up in Kuantan, Pahang and studied at SMK Semambu, Kuantan.
Extracurricular Activities at HELP include:
- Radio Announcer, HELP University, 2017-2018
- Korean Buddy Programme, HELP University, 2017
“I would say studying at HELP was like an enjoyable, fascinating roller-coaster ride. I am from Kuantan and still remember my first day at HELP when everything was so fresh and new for me. The great thing about HELP is that the lecturers are always so friendly and helpful. We can find them whenever we need help from them. One of the best things I experienced was when I joined the HELP Radio Club. My dream since young was to try broadcasting on radio stations. Thanks to the HELP Radio Club for the opportunity for me to do this! I learned about the importance of language pronunciation and enunciation, and the creativity of coming up with topics that attract listeners. I also wish to extend my appreciation to all the friendly people I met in HELP University: “Every day I learn something new from you”. HELP has helped me build my foundation and skills to strive in this society. Thank you HELP University! What we learn with pleasure, we never forget”.
Queenie Yin Yue Yee
Marketing Executive with Richemont Luxury Malaysia, wholesale distributers of jewellery, precious gems, watches, clocks, and silverware, including the high-end Montblanc and Patek Philippe accessory product ranges.
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (1st Class Hons), 2017, with Merit Scholarship Award for Year 3 of her studies.
Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2013.
Grew up in Kuala Lumpur and completed High School at SMK Seri Bintang Selatan (former Bukit Bintang Girls School)
Extracurricular activities at HELP:
- Radio Club Member 2014 – 2015
- Creative Production Society Vice President 2015
“Pursuing communications at HELP University equipped me with theoretical knowledge about media and the holistic environment of the industry. Experienced external lecturers from the media industry also provided us insights and practical skills that are useful when working. HELP also provided us with the life experience of being a part of the industry through its out-of-classroom clubs and society activities. I was able to experience what being a radio DJ was, through the Faculty’s Radio Club. In addition to Media Studies, the course also equipped me with knowledge in broader fields within communication such as Marketing and Public Relations”.
Sheralyn Tan Min Li
Content Writer & Editor at WORLD OF BUZZ, Malaysia’s largest English Social News publication site, serving and engaging with millions of audience monthly.
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (1st Class Hons), with HELP Loyalty Bursary.
Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2015.
Grew up in Kuala Lumpur and completed High School at AIM Christian College.
“Studying at HELP University gave me an experience that I will never forget. The 3 years I spent there helped me build confidence in myself as I learned how to be a leader and take charge of my life especially for the projects that I have had to complete. I was also able to improve my communication and presentation skills and master the art of time management. The journey was not easy but the tough time only made me stronger as my perseverance and self-discipline increased day by day. Choosing never to give up was a choice I made throughout every semester. I can safely say that hard work always pays off. Of course, having good friends made it a whole lot easier as we supported each other as a team without leaving anyone behind. Journeying with them made university life a most pleasant memory. Lastly, none of this, including my 1st Class Hons, would have happened without the grace of God. He has seen me through all my struggles. All glory and honour belong to Him!”.
Rebecca Megan A/P Neelamegan
- 7-Eleven Malaysia Communication Excecutive.
- Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (1st Class Hons), 2018, under Bursary of 30% of course fees for STPM holders.
- Grew up in Taiping, Perak and studied at SMK Treacher Methodist Girls School and SMK King Edward VII, Taiping.
School Extracurricular Activities and Achievements:
- Secretary of Down Syndrome Awareness Event- MPU 3432, Event Management HELP University
- Conceptualised, produced and directed a short documentary ‘Black Beauty’, featured in “Courses Malaysia” magazine.
- Photographer for HELP Korean Carnival 2017, and Majlis Kasih Mesra Bunga-Bunga Syurga, a foundation for children with down syndrome.
- Radio DJ Announcer at HELP Radio Station
- Best Director & 2nd Runner Up for School Drama Competition – SMK King Edward VII, Taiping.
- 2nd Runner Up District Level for School Drama Competition, SMK (P) Treacher Methodist School, Taiping.
- Choral speaking state Champion and 2nd runners up for district level competition.
Stanleigh Jenkins Pingguan
Senior Analyst, Social Media Executive, Lazada Malaysia.
HELP University Bachelor of Communications (Media Studies) (1st Class Hons), 2018.
Grew up in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and studied at:SMK Taman S.E.A. High School, Petaling Jaya.
Extracurricular Activities at HELP:
- Korean Buddy for the Korean Exchange Students Programme at HELP University, 2017
- Participated in Korean Student Exchange Programme at Dankook University, Seoul, 2017
- Head of Sponsorship, Stand Up For Charity, HELP University, 2018
“The sky’s the limit, but the ground is my anchor.” Writing has always been a passion of mine, to create art with letters and words … Oh, What Bliss! Thankfully, my time at HELP University has helped propel me towards achieving that dream but I also learned to be rooted and humble at the same time. I was fortunate enough to have spent a month in South Korea for an exchange programme that widened my international exposure. I am thankful the faith and belief in me to have been entrusted to lead the sponsorship team for a HELP charity event. In short, experiential knowledge skills and humility are the two great traits I gained at HELP, traits that would forever shape who I am.
Mak Ai Sin
- In charge of “Initiative” at IPG MediaBrands, a diverse group of media and technology specialists in over 130 countries, building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
- Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) (1st Class Hons), 2018, with HELP CEO Sports Scholarship of 50% of course fees for Year 1 and 2 and 100% for final year.
- Completed HELP University Foundation in Arts with 50% Bursary.
- Grew up in Kuala Lumpur and studied at SMK Damansara Jaya High School, Petaling Jaya.
Extracurricular and Sports Achievements:
- Represented Malaysia in the Women’s Water Polo team at 29th Southeast Asian Games
- Represented HELP University in Sukan Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi (SUKIPT), 2016
- Represented HELP University in 2016 at MASISWA sports competition of 16 private higher education institutions, organised by TAR University College in collaboration with the Education Ministry and Majlis Sukan IPTS Malaysia.
- Represented Malaysian Schools in ASEAN School Games 2011-2013
- Represented Kuala Lumpur Swimming Team in SUKMA 2012 & 2014
“Throughout my years at HELP, I met many amazing people who brought me to where I am today as an employee-athlete. The lecturers’ guidance, teaching and words of encouragement prepared me well for the work force life. The friends that I made throughout my years at HELP have also brought me joy and fun that made my university life an unforgettable one”.
Sheena Ayesha Dina Rizal
- 2018 MASISWA Tenpin Bowling Championships – Women Singles Gold Medalist
- 2017 HELP IPT Sports Woman of The Year
- 2013-2015 Team Malaysia – Tenpin Bowling
- 2015 Indonesia International Open Bowling Championship – Girl’s Open 2nd Runner-Up
- 2015 Malaysian National Bowling Championship – 1 Gold 1 Bronze
- 2014 SUKMA Perlis – Tenpin Bowling – Gold Medalist
- MSSM Tenpin Bowling Record Holder since 2012
- 2013-2015 HELP Sports Woman of The Year Nominee
- 2012 Asian Schools Team Malaysia Representative, Jakarta
- 2012 Sports Achiever of the Year – SMK Seri Hartamas High School
- 2016-2018 President – IPRMSA HELP University
Eng Ming Sheng
From July 2019, Social Media Marketing Executive with H&L Retail Sdn Bhd, Sarawak, managing H&L’s social media sites, updating and strategizing new social media ideas and event management.
Since 2017, Founder of SR Eats, food advisory and delivery app, promoting good affordable food to the public.
Previous industry experience:
- From 2018-2019, Digital Marketing Executive, then, Public Relations Officer with NIIT College, (Institut Teknologi Maklumat Nusantara), Kuching.
- FoodAdvisor.my Content and Social Media intern, 2018
- Sales Advisor, Boulevard IT, 2013 to 2015
- Radio Announcer intern (programme producer and host) at Radio Televisyn Malaysia, 2013-2014
- Sales Advisor, Boulevard IT Superstore. 2011 -2013.
Graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Communications (Hons) (Media Studies) programme, completed from 2015 to 2018. Meng Shing is enthusiastic and constantly updating himself for career roles in Digital Marketing and Radio Broadcasting.
President of HELP Radio Club and Radio Broadcaster, 2015-2018
Lim Jun Hong
Product Marketing Associate, Prepaid, Digi Telecommunications, since February 2018.
Consumer Marketing Assistant, Samsung Malaysia, 2016-2017, and previously, Marketing Intern, Maybank Investment Bank, 2015, and Business Development Associate with Secure Parking, 2014.
Completing HELP University (HELP) MBA degree course under full scholarship from HELP and scheduled to graduate in 2020.
Completed HELP Bachelor of Communications (Marketing Communications) from 2013 to 2015, under HELP Distinction Scholarship and Merit Scholarship Awards in 2013 and 2014 respectively, graduating with 1st Class Hons.
- Coordinated launching of Cross-Cultural Communication Seminar by Fulbright Scholar Dr Edmund Kellerman of University of Florida for HELP University, 2015.
- Orchestrated/launched The Good Movement campaign for HELP with the objective to encourage healthy eating habits among university students. Secured commercial sponsorships for the campaign, 2014.
- Involved in the strategic planning for Retirement Preparedness campaign for HELP with the objective of providing advisory service for financial planning and retirement schemes to student body. Featured in 4E Journal, the official publication of Financial Association of Malaysia Journal for excellence in campaign management, 2013.
Since 2018, buyer at Zalora Group. Zalora is the fastest growing online fashion retailer in Asia, founded in 2012, by Kinnevik AB, Swedish active and long-term investor in digital consumer brands and Rocket Internet, European Internet company headquartered in Berlin.
In 2018, merchandiser at e-commerce retailor, WEDABO Asia, leading lifestyle & culture premium online store company in Southeast, Asia, founded in 2017.
Community Manager, Ittify, creative social media influencer marketing platform, working with brands and influencers to create the best contents.
Content Planner – Group Content, CIMB Digital Platform and Content Channels, 2016 -2017. Asia Data & Growth Hack Specialist/Content Creator/Optimisation Strategist, partnering with collaborators and key stakeholders in the company to help plan and implement content strategies to drive business objectives.
Assistant Webmaster, Fashion Valet S/B, 2016.
Zalora Campaign Management Intern, 2015.
Editorial Intern, Tongue in Cheek, 2012.
Obtained her Foundation in Arts at HELP Academy in 2012 under HELP’s Distinction Award, then completed the HELP University Bachelor of Communications (Marketing Communications), under HELP’s Merit Partial Scholarship 2012-2015, graduating with 1st Class Honours.
Member of the HELP Student Council.
Shereen Raj Boniface
Sunway Executive (Membership Programme), Sunway Theme Parks, since 2016.
Microsoft Social Media Specialist, 2015-2016. Received Microsoft Social Media Best Agent Award.
Previously, Public Relations Specialist, Emerald Communications Group, 2014, collaborating closely with clients such as Google Malaysia, Permanis (Gatorade, etc.) and Lipton, and Tan Chong Sales Marketing Management Team, 2014.
English Language Teacher in 2013 with Eye Level Learning. Eye-Level provides diagnostic testing to ascertain needs and skills of, and individualized coaching in Math and English for, children.
Completed final year of Bachelor of Marketing Communication at Northumbria University, UK, 2014-2015, receiving the Completion Award Scholarship for her studies and graduating with 1st Class Honours.
- Actively participant in Volunteer Northumbria, a University community service initiative.
- Northumbria Events Coordinator; overlooking and planning volunteer projects.
- Participated in the Student Elections for a Sabbatical Officer role (Vice President – Education).
Obtained her Foundation in Arts at HELP Academy in 2011, then, candidate for HELP University’s Bachelor of Communications (Marketing Communications), 2012 -2014, under HELP’s School Achiever and Merit Scholarship Awards; then, completed her studies in the UK.
President of HELP Student Representative Council, and English Debate Prize winner in 2011.
Schooled at SMK Convent, 2006 to 2010.
Since 2018, Rev Asia Data & Growth Hack Specialist/Content Creator/Optimisation Strategist, collaborating with key stakeholders to help plan and implement content strategies to drive their business objectives.
Rev Asia, Malaysia’s leading digital media group that owns and operates top authority brands with an extensive distribution platform that reaches approximately 5 million people each month, was a RM 60m merger between Catcha Media Berhad and Says Sdn Bhd, a regional social media advertising and news network. Rev Asia’s platform enables brands to be at the centre of social attention
SAYS.com Senior Content Specialist, 2018.
Has been Content Specialist, (2016-2017), Freelance Photographer, (2011-2017), Intern with Rev Asia (2015) and Secure Parking Corp, (2014), Product Ambassador for Trend Micro Malaysia, (2012-2013).
Obtained her Foundation in Arts at HELP Academy under HELP’s Distinction Scholarshi, then progressed in HELP University Bachelor of Communications (Media Stuides) from 2012 to 2015,under HELP’s Merit Scholarship, graduating with 1st Class Honours.
Volunteer and Photographer for Full Gospel Assembly (FGA), Cheras and the National Kidney Foundation, Malaysia.
“As a Content Specialist, I constantly need to remind myself that my everyday goal is to niot only write good stories but stories that people would read”.
Wandile Jama, from South Africa
Since April 2019, Freelance Writer through Pepper Your Talk, London:
- Pitching original fashion/career/lifestyle content to drive reader engagement and grow organic platform reach through Search Engine Optimization, SEO;
- Rapidly absorbing information to stay ahead of fashion, socio-economic, and consumer trends.
- Contributing ideas and collaborating with Director on analytics study for the future.
Since September 2019, Freelance Writer with:
- Bona Magazine,South Africa’s most-read consumer multi-language magazine with a reach of over 3 million people, and the go-to brand for the country, and
- Media24 (Pty) Ltd, South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers, magazines, e-commerce.
Founder in 2013 of personalscribbles, personal fashion/lifestyle website; and from 2018, Co-founder of the unconventional Woman Girls Outreach Program which aims to educate young, underprivileged school girls about self-empowerment, career goals, sex education and branding.
Has been in communication roles from 2013 to 2018: Content Writer, Brand Ambassador, Film Intern, Event Assistant for UCLA S. African Awareness Event.
Participant of Digital Marketing Strategy course at University of the Arts London (UAL), 2019, a collegiate university in London specialising in arts, design, fashion and the performing arts.
Candidate for the HELP University’s Bachelor of Communications (Marketing Communications) degree, under the HELP Anniversary Bursary Award, 2014 -2016.
- HELP Radio DJ on campus focusing on current affairs.
- Member of Creative Production Society, HELP Film Festival.
Ari Aaron De Cruz
Aaron, from Kuala Lumpur, is completing his HELP University Diploma in Communication in 2020, under HELP’s School Achievers Scholarship Award, (SASA), at the Faculty of Communication (FAC), and undergoing digital marketing internship as the final course requirement. He has been progressing well in his studies, scoring many High Distinction and Distinction grades. As at his last semester, (not including his internship grade), his CGPA was an excellent 3.65/4.00. Upon graduation, he shall progress onto FAC Bachelor of Communication studies.
In the 2019 Fuyooooh Creative Competition for Malaysian university and college students organized by KB Image Colours – Malaysia’s leading innovative print solution-provider for events/indoor/outdoor advertising – and Atria Shopping Gallery of Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Atria picked Aaron’s entry, from 10 finalists, as the winning graphic design – KOI (ornamental variety of carp) – for adorning its North Entrance staircase. Aaron’s proposal was first short-listed out of 18 from FAC and his submission was the only solo entry by an individual; all other competitors that included Sunway University, Erican College and UCSI, had participants working in a team.
Aaron studied at SMK Cochrane in Kuala Lumpur, where he obtained his SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) qualification. He was a school prefect for 5 years, and was an active participant at community and leadership camps with participants from his and other schools, in the country.