About this course
Drawing on HELP’s own start-up and successful emergence as both a business and social enterprise, and expressing its core value of sharing success, the HELP Master of Entrepreneurship (MER) was initiated to support the growth of dynamic entrepreneurship and ignite the entrepreneurial spirit in individuals to actualise their aspirations.
The programme emphasises theoretical rigour to help students develop a conceptual awareness of the nature of enterprise. It facilitates the understanding of a wide range of managerial, marketing and financial skills within the entrepreneurial context using experiential and action learning. This pragmatic and holistic pedagogy supports the development of mind-set based competencies for entrepreneurial foresight and actions. The programme material is gleaned from lessons and cases of successful entrepreneurship and the experience of iconic entrepreneurs. It is also based on hard experience of HELP as an entrepreneurial institution in the field of education. Students will have the opportunities to interact with SMEs to understand real world challenges and exercise entrepreneurial skills acquired from the programme.
Total Course Fees
Contact us to get the full fee structure.
- MCR500 Introductory Case & Research Methodology
- MER501 Entrepreneurship
- MER503 New Venture Project Evaluation and Management
- MER504 Financial Planning for Entrepreneurs
- MER505 Entrepreneurial Marketing
- ECO501 Business Economics
- MER506 New Venture Growth Management
- MEM507 Managing Innovation
- MER509 Strategic Alliances
- MER511 Strategy Management for Entrepreneurs
- MER512 Business Plan for New Ventures (Project Paper)
- MER502 Psychology of Entrepreneurship
- MER510 Global Ventures for Entrepreneurs
Open-book Examination (20%) + Assignment I (30%) + Assignment II (50%), with such variation as and when approved by the Academic Board.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with a CGPA of 2.50, preferably with adequate industry experience; those with a CGPA of less than 2.50 but with 5 years’ relevant working experience are also admissible.
- Non-degree holders (Malaysian) with at least a Diploma or STPM may obtain MQA Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) approval for programme admission.
- International applicants are required to fulfil a minimum score of 6.0 for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the equivalent.
For more information contact: