About this course
The main objective of HELP Master of Corporate Governance (MCG) is to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of the theories, principles and practice of Corporate Governance. It focuses on ethical issues in the conduct and regulation of business. In addition, the structure of the programme enables students to enhance their risk management skills. The knowledge and expertise acquired from HELP MCG is crucial for students who participate in the dynamic management of both private and public organisations.
The recent financial crises that challenged many corporations and national economies underscore the importance of acquiring knowledge and expertise in developing a code of best practices in corporate governance and developing organisational policy and procedure. The crises not only raised questions on the conduct of the affected corporations but also impacted corporate and industry behaviour globally. Students with good knowledge of corporate governance would be able to develop a clear understanding of corporate structures, processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, crucial for the proper direction and control of businesses not only for their immediate but also greater stakeholders. Qualifying students with the MCG are acceptable for up to two (2) exemptions for the CPA Australia professional examinations; students are advised to confirm the status of this CPA exemption when they register for HELP MCG and the CPA professional examination.
Total Course Fees
Contact us to get the full fee structure.
- MCR500 Introductory Case & Research Methodology
- ACC511 Corporate Governance and Accountability
- ACC525 Auditing and Control Systems
- CGV504 Corporate Finance and Analysis
- CGV501 Risks Management
- CGV502 Governance in International Business
- CGV503 Environmental Governance
- ACC512 Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- CGV505 Applied Economics
- MHRD510 Global Human Resource Management
- MGT501 Management Theory and Practice
- CGV506 Ethics and Governance
- MGT505 International Business
- MGT506 Leadership and Organisational Effectiveness
- MGT510 Strategic Management
- MGT507 Management of Organisational Change
- MGT508 Operations Management and Analytics
Open-book Examination (20%) + Assignment I (30%) + Assignment II [inclusive of presentation] (50%), with such variation as and when approved by the Academic Board.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with a CGPA of 2.50, preferably with adequate industry experience; those with a CGPA of less than 2.50 but with 5 years’ relevant working experience are also admissible.
- Non-degree holders (Malaysian) with at least a Diploma or STPM may obtain MQA Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) approval for programme admission.
- International applicants are required to fulfil a minimum score of 6.0 for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the equivalent.
For more information contact: