Why study Master of Philosophy in Psychology at HELP?
One of the largest psychology programmes in Southeast Asia with over 1000 students
A strong faculty of over 50 lecturers and graduate tutors
A facilitative and interactive programme that attracts top student achievers from all over Malaysia and around the world
A strong research culture and infrastructure supported by academic staff who are active international research
Opportunities for practical training through internships with over 300 organisations
Four Postgraduate programmes in psychology for full time students and working adults
Guaranteed transfer arrangements with over 30 top universities in the US, Australia, UK and New Zealand
A vibrant student life with active psychology student clubs, sporting events, psychology movie festivals and psychology research colloquiums
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Comparative Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Cross Cultural Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Industrial/Organisational Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Social Psychology
MPhil: Approximately 2 years (full-time)
The list below covers some broad areas for PhD / MPhil research projects, but is not limited to these areas.
You will need to fulfill one of these entry requirements to join the programme.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in psychology (or a relevant area) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 (or equivalent).
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in fields related to psychology with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, and the completion of a minimum of 45 credits of psychology modules, subject to the assessment of the university.
Students who do not meet these requirements can contact the Department of Psychology for further assessment.
Here are the career pathways for graduates who complete the Master of Philosophy in Psychology programme. The graduates can further their studies and do a postgraduate degree to further unlock more career pathways.
Possible Career Pathways
- Clinical Psychologists in Hospitals and Mental Health Clinics
- Consultant in Corporate Organizations
- Counselling Psychologists in Schools and Universities
- Faculty in Psychology Departments
- Psychotherapist in Private Practice
- Rehabilitation Specialist in Rehabilitation Centers
- Researchers in Academic Institutions