List of Courses
List of Microsites
In essence, psychology aims to understand how people behave, think and feel. This definition is well captured in the HELP Faculty of Behavioural Sciences motto: Understanding Minds, Empowering Lives.
Psychology Is An Exciting Field That Encompasses A Wide Variety Of Areas, Including:
21 Interesting Facts About PSYCH @ HELP
- We have over 1,000 full time students completing their undergraduate degrees in Psychology, making it one of Southeast Asia’s largest Psychology programmes.
- We were the first university to start a Centre for Psychology 21 years ago, making our programme in psychology the most established among private tertiary institutions in Malaysia.
- We are located in HELP University’s award-winning green digital technology campus, fully equipped with facilities for our students.
- HELP is the first private university in Southeast Asia to be awarded the maximum 5 Stars in all 9 categories of the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Star Rating System for international higher education institutions in 2020.
- HELP was among the first private universities in Malaysia to be recognised as the Premier Digital Tech University by the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC).
- We were the first non- Australian University to attain Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation for the Bachelor of Psychological Science and Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) joint degree with Flinders University.
- HELP University established the first and only Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology chapter in Southeast Asia.
- We have credit transfer agreements with top universities in the US, Australia, UK and New Zealand.
- We have dedicated research centres comprising psychology researchers that have published in peer-reviewed journals.
- We have state-of-the-art Electroencephalogram (EEG) and Virtual Reality (VR) research laboratories.
- We have 24-hour access to online journal databases that are linked to over 3,000 psychology journals around the world.
- We have placed graduates and interns in over 350 organizations in the country.
- We provide close to 100 study awards to deserving students in the Psychology programmes each year.
- We have a dedicated career guidance centre (CAREERsense@HELP) to ensure our graduates are prepared for the challenges of the working world.
- We have the Centre for Psychological and Counselling Services (CPCS) that not only provides professional mental health services to our students, staff and the public but also serves as a practicum site for our graduate students in Counselling and Clinical Psychology.
- Apart from university-wide student organizations, we have more than a dozen dedicated psychology student clubs and societies which ensure a vibrant student life.
- Thousands of Psychology graduates from HELP University have made a difference in the lives of others, in line with our motto, Understanding Minds, Empowering Lives!
- We offer a comprehensive 3-year Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) programme which covers different fields of psychology, research methods, data analytics courses, internship opportunities, thesis writing, and career modules.
- Students can choose from over 21 psychology electives taught by specialists in various fields.
- We also offer postgraduate programmes in psychology, namely the Master of Clinical Psychology, Masters in Counselling, Master of Philosophy (Psychology) and PhD in Psychology.
- We have over 40 lecturers and graduate tutors, who make up the academic staff.
The HELP Psychology Programme Offers Total Flexibility
Applicants are required to fulfil the following standard requirements:
Applicants must have one of the following entry requirements:
- HELP Foundation in Arts/Science: Pass all subjects (with a minimum of 4 credits)
- A-Levels: 1C,1D
- STPM: 2Cs
- UEC: 5Bs
- South Australian Matriculation: ATAR 65
- Canadian Pre-U: Average 65 (6 subjects)
- Foundation Programmes: Pass all subjects (50% of which must be credit and above)
- Diploma Programmes: Pass all subjects (30% of which must be credit and above)
Local Programs have to be MQA approved. The standard entry requirement of 3 SPM/O-Level credits (including credit in 1 Math subject & 1 Science subject) still applies to all students. Malaysian students also have to attain a pass in SPM Bahasa Melayu. Credit is equivalent to 60 out of 100 marks.
Applicants will also be required to fulfil one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS: 5.5 (Academic)
- TOEFL: 550 paper-based (213 computer-based / 80 Internet-based)
- MUET: Band 5*
- SPM: A for English (A1/A2 or A+/A/A-)
- IGCSE O Levels: C for English or English Literature (not including SPM 1119)
- UEC: B for English
- HELP Foundation in Arts/Science: credit for either Intermediate English or Advanced English
- South Australian Matriculation: 14/20 for English as a Second Language
- Canadian Pre-U: 65 for ENG4U
Please note that the University’s standard entry requirement for degrees is MUET Band 3, but the Department of Psychology requires MUET Band 5.
- International Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Marketing Communication
- Information Technology
- Mobile Communications
- Database Systems
- Electronic Games and Interactive Media
Note: Fees will vary slightly depending on the elective subjects selected.
HELP University's Comprehensive and Unique Career Discovery and Preparation Process
We live in a VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) characterised by rapid changes brought about by the 4th Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0).
AI (artificial intelligence) robotics, big data, nanotechnology and other fast evolving technologies are changing the way we work. The HELP Psychology programme is designed to prepare our graduates to thrive in this new environment.