The objectives of the Master of Data Science are to produce graduates who are able to:
- Apply quantitative modelling and data analysistechniques to the solution of real world business problems, communicate findings, and effectively present results using data visualisation techniques
- Recognise and analyse ethical issues in business related to intellectual property, data security, integrity, and privacy
- Demonstrate knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilised in decision-making.
- Use data mining software to solve real-world problems
- Employ cutting edge tools and technologies to analyse Big Data
- Apply algorithms to build machine intelligence
- Demonstrate use of team work, leadershipskills and decision making
Any one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with CGPA between 2.00 and 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a relevant field may be accepted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
For candidates without a Computing degree, prerequisite module(s) should be taken to adequately prepare them for their advanced study.
International applicants will also be required to fulfil one of the following English language competencies:
- IELTS: 5.0 OR
- TOEFL: 500 OR
- Equivalent qualification/