Choose your programme
Browse our website to select your desired programme. Please take note of the entry requirements, programme details, intake dates, fees and other prerequisites before you submit your application.
Choose your application method
For applicants applying online, please complete ALL THE SECTIONS of the online application form and submit your supporting documents (see ‘Supporting Documents’)
For applicants who are submitting the physical copy of their application, please download and complete the application form and submit your supporting documents (see ‘Supporting Documents’)
Undergraduate Application Form:
Postgraduate Application Forms:
- HELP University/HELP Academy applicants: email@example.com
- ELM Graduate School, HELP University postgraduate applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial payment of RM2,994 + [Immigration Fee (depending on country) – range between RM60 to RM110] for all countries (This includes Course Application Fee, EMGS Visa Processing Fee, EMGS Medical Insurance Fee, EMGS Medical Screening Fee, EMGS e-VAL Fee & EMGS I-Kad Fee) EXCEPT for:-
- Certified copies of all academic qualifications (e.g. award certificate and transcript). Please provide the certified translated copies in English (if applicable)
- Online Verification Report for Academic Certificate & Result – For China applicant ONLY
- One (1) passport-sized photograph with a pure white background 35mm x 45mm / 3.5cm x 4.5cm / 217px x 280px – Please refer to this link for more details:- https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/guidelines/passport-photo-guidelines.html
- A copy of your passport (all pages, two passport pages in A4 size paper), recommended passport validity duration is 20 months for all countries EXCEPT for:-
- A copy of your sponsor letter (if applicable)
- A certified copy of evidence of your English language proficiency eg. IELTS, TOEFL, MUET etc.
- Health Declaration Form
- Self-Declaration Form + Declaration on Passport Condition for Student Visa Application
- LOE (Iran) / NOL (Oman) / NOC (Sudan):-
- Covid-19 Vaccination certificate (English version) – advisable to provide (if any)
- Yellow fever vaccination card (for Sub-Sahara countries ONLY)
*Based on estimated exchange rate of 1USD to RM3.80 *EMGS (Education Malaysia Global Services) is set up by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education with the primary objective of promoting Malaysia as a global education destination providing high-quality study programmes of international standards. For more information on Education Malaysia Global Services (Company No: 986610-U) please visit http://www.educationmalaysia.gov.my/
Submit your Application Materials
For applicants who downloaded the application form and are submitting a physical copy of their application, please mail or courier the complete application form with the required supporting documents to the following addresses:
For HELP University applications:
HELP University Sdn Bhd
Admission Officer, Customer Marketing Department,
No. 15, Jalan Sri Semantan 1,
Off Jalan Semantan, Bukit Damansara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2716 2000Fax: +603 2095 7100
Terms and Conditions
- Application and administration fees paid are not refundable.
- Copies of documents and photographs submitted will be filed for our record purposes and will not be returned, even if the applicant decides not to continue with his/her application after submission. All information and documents will be kept in confidence and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Failure to comply with these procedures may result in a delay in processing this application.
Studying in Malaysia
Welcome to Malaysia
Malaysia is known throughout the world for its intoxicating mix of cultures which is an irresistible draw for people from around the world. Its many ethnic groups is a shining example of peaceful co-existence regardless of race or creed. Some of the most beautiful natural environments in the world are also found here: mountains, forests, islands and seas hosting unique eco-systems which attract large numbers of tourists, naturalists, environmentalists and researchers.
It is also a food paradise: thanks to our many cultures, we enjoy food that blends many ingredients and flavours. You’ll find diverse cuisines from all over the world.
Malaysia is a centre of educational excellence, enrolling students for diploma, bachelors and postgraduate courses from Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Being a modern, moderate and democratic nation, it enforces the rule of law in a safe and secure environment. It has an enlightened foreign policy and has good relations and economic ties with countries across the globe. It is part of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), a free trade area comprising ASEAN and Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, India and South Korea, which provides abundant investment and trade opportunities for its members.
There is a modern administrative system and infrastructure that facilitates access to knowledge, expertise and communication with the world at large.
Living in Malaysia
The Malaysian currency is the Ringgit (written as RM). The estimated exchange rate is about 1 USD to RM 3.80. To ensure that you get to experience the best of Malaysia, it is important to maintain a reasonable budget for your living expenses. The cost of living in Malaysia is relatively economical.
Below is a student’s typical monthly expenditure:
- Accommodation: RM800 – RM1,000
- Food: RM400 – RM700
- Others: RM500 – RM700
- Total: RM1,700 – RM2,400
The table is only an estimation of what an international student would spend. Values may defer depending on location, type, facilities and lifestyle.
Opening a bank account is quite easy. There are several merchant banks located around HELP University. Students are required to present their passport with valid student visa together with reference letter from HELP University and EMGS Bank verification letter for opening the bank account.
International Student Services Department (ISSD)
International students make up 25% of the students at HELP, so there is no reason to feel isolated or lonely. The International Student Services Department (ISSD) is set up to enhance the welfare of all international students studying in our institutions. ISSD provides assistance in terms of admission, application and renewal of student visa, among others.
Special activities are organised to foster closer relationship among local students, international students and staff members. These include city tours, excursions, barbecue gatherings, festive get-togethers, and Sports Carnival. The highlight of the year is the International Students’ Day, which is normally held during the month of August/September. These activities are meant to expose international students to the Malaysian and Asian culture.
Rules and regulations for foreign students at HELP
- Foreign students who have already obtained a social visit pass from their own countries or those who are holding other passes (e.g. Dependent Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass from other Colleges) are still required to apply for a student pass through HELP University and HELP Academy.
- Students who need to renew their student pass have to apply to the International Student Services Department (ISSD) three months in advance before the expiry date. It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that the Student Pass is valid and to submit all the required documents on time to renew the Student Pass.
- Foreign students must attend classes regularly. Absence from class for more than three (3) days must be substantiated with a medical certificate.
- In order to renew student pass, student must maintain minimum of 80% attendance for all subjects enrolled as well as maintain CGPA of 2.0/4.0.
- Foreign students who leave the state or country for holidays or for any other purpose must inform the International Student Services Department of their contact address or telephone number where they can be reached in case of emergency.
- Foreign students, who have a valid student pass and have completed their course or wish to withdraw from HELP University, will have to inform the ISSD to cancel their student pass before they leave the country.
- Foreign students must inform the university of any change in permanent and current address, contact no, passport no., etc.
- Foreign students are not allowed to seek employment while studying in HELP Group institutions. The Malaysia Immigration Department will deport students who flout this rule.
- Foreign student whom are holding working permit, dependent pass, etc., other than student pass must get the permission to study from the Immigration Department.
- Foreign students will have to abide by all general rules and regulation of HELP Group institutions.
- Student Pass may be withdrawn or cancelled if the student fails in his/her studies or contravenes the regulation of HELP or the Malaysian government.
- All students must have medical insurance coverage throughout the stay in Malaysia.
Tuition Fees Please be aware of the cost of studying and living in Malaysia and organize adequate financial resources before leaving your home country. International students living overseas must pay their first semester fees well before departure so they will have enough time to obtain their Student Pass. Tuition fees vary according to the course you are taking. For fee structure, please refer to your Offer Letter.
Money Students will need to bring about USD300 in cash to cover expenses in Malaysia for the first few weeks. Students should also bring other funds to be drawn in Ringgit either in the forms of a bank draft or via electronic transfer in a bank account in Malaysia. Please take note that bank clearings may take a week for electronic transfers to a month for bank drafts. Please also be advised that it is more convenient to transfer funds electronically when depositing large sums of money into bank accounts. Students will be given more information during the Orientation Programme.
- The Ringgit Malaysia (RM) is the basic unit of exchange. Both paper notes and coins are used.
- Notes are different in colours and size. Denominations are RM1 (blue), RM5 (green), RM10 (red), RM50 (blue) and RM100 (purple).
- Coins vary in size according to the value. Denominations are 50 cent (silver), 20 cent (silver), 10 cent (silver) and 5 cent (silver).
Health History It is important to know your own health history. Before departure, please ask your doctor’s advice on the type of medications you have been taking and the immunizations you have been given in the past. Most importantly, please be aware of the medications that you are allergic to. It is also good practice to have this information in writing in case you become ill while overseas.
Climate and Clothing Situated between one and seven degrees north of the equator, Malaysia enjoys a tropical climate. The average temperature is 28 degrees Celsius; however, highland temperature can reach the mean of 18 degrees. Annual rainfall is heavy at 2500mm (100 inches). The high humidity level at 80% throughout the year favours light and sweat-absorbent material such as cotton for daily dressing. Generally, Malaysia has two distinct seasons. The dry season occurs during the southwest monsoon from May to September. The northeast monsoon blows from mid-November until March, which brings about the rainy season (monsoon) to the country. The East Coast of the country is best avoided during these times.
Electrical Goods Electric supply is on a 240-volt 50-cycle system. Please ensure that the electrical goods from your country are compatible to use in Malaysia.
Computer Computer laboratories are available on campus with a variety of software, printing, e-mail and Internet facilities. Various spots on campus are WiFi enabled allowing students the convenience of getting online with their laptops. Students who wish to use the computer labs are required to register with the Corporate Information Centre (CIC). Students are required to present their student card to be registered. The lab is opened daily and you can check the opening hours from the notice on the lab entrance.
Passport Renewal Before applying at HELP, please make sure that your passport validity is at least 18 months and more.
Students will have to notify us the details of their arrival at least 10 days before their departure date. The information required is:
- Date of arrival
- Time of arrival
- Airline and Flight number
Officials from HELP will receive them at the Airport Immigration clearance point. Please take note that students will not be able to clear Immigration without the presence of officials from HELP. For ease of Immigration Clearance, please produce the approval letter upon arrival.
Upon the clearing by Immigration, students will be accompanied to their accommodation.