SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia), STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia) and UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) students who have received their examination results are invited to apply for financial assistance via the HELP-Elena Cooke Education Fund (HELP-ECEF) Study Award. This is a need-based Study Award which is a collaboration between HELP and ECEF.
The ECEF, set up in honour of the late Miss Elena Cooke, the longest serving principal of the Bukit Bintang Girls’ School, aims to help underprivileged young people, whether they live with their families or were raised in children’s homes and orphanages, to pursue quality education after SPM in local colleges or universities.
- Applicant must have obtained at least:
- 3As in the SPM examination or
- 2Bs in the STPM examination or
- 6Bs in the UEC examination
- Applicant must be below 23 years old as at 31st December 2021.
- Applicant must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Household income must not be more than RM60,000 per annum in 2021.
- Applicant must meet the course requirements of HELP.
- Applicant has not yet commenced his/her course in HELP.
HELP Programmes Available
- Full tuition fees
- General fees (excluding Refundable Deposit)
- Allowances for books and living expenses
Click on http://bbgs.com.my/elena-cooke-education-fund/ecef-scholarship-application-form-2022/ for the application page. Download the application form, complete it and upload together with all required supporting documents.
2 weeks after the 2021 SPM/STPM (whichever is later) results are announced.