Grace Lee Hwee Ling
Grace completed her MBA at HELP in 2000, returned to HELP University for her doctoral studies and graduated with the DBA in 2018.
She is Fellow of Australian International Certified Professional Accountant (ICPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA, US) and is certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT, US).
At HELP’s 2018 Convocation, HELP University awarded Grace, the HELP Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Previously ASTRO Group CFO and Chief Risk Officer, Grace is currently CEO, Astro Go Shop driving Go Shop’s commercial growth in Malaysia and in the region.
- She serves as Director of several Astro Group companies.
- Grace is also a mentor with Endeavor Malaysia (a global organisation that selects, mentors and accelerates High-Impact Entrepreneurs.
Previously held positions include MCIS Zurich Insurance Head of Corporate Strategy & Branding, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Head of Communications & CSR Management, and Hong Leong Bank Head of Brand, Publications and CSR within the Group Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Department.
- Currently Head of Hong Leong Bank Corporate Affairs, within the Corporate Communications & CSR Department.
- HELP University MBA graduate in 2012 with many Subject Credits, and Distinctions in ‘Management Theory and Practice’ and ‘Strategic Management’.
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (Second Class Upper) from DeMontfort University, Leicester, UK, in 2000.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University MBA completed at HELP, 2000.
International investment professional with extensive experience in private equity investment and worked with Aureos Capital which has managed 21 funds with over 150 institutional investors, including Commonwealth Development Corp, International Finance Corp (World Bank), Norfund, Asian Development Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, BNM and, EPF Malaysia and the Ministry of Finance Brunei.
- Advisor to the Cambridge University Venture Capital and Private Equity Society (CUVCPES); at its launch at St John’s College in 2016, presented an introduction to the world of private equity to eager minds.
- VIP global guest speaker in April 2018 for a Global Online Fireside Chat on “Start-ups Solving Global Challenges” with Silicon Valley Style Businesses, organised by the UN General Assembly.
- Joseph has mentored students and entrepreneurs from 28 countries.
Tan Hann Syn (Syn)
Syn attended school in Malaysia and went to Melbourne for his pre-U studies at Trinity College in 1999 before graduating with BAppSc (Computer Science) from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in 2003.
In 2006, he embarked on his Master of Business at HELP, graduating in 2007, for honing his competence and confidence for managing Fastlane Emergencies Resources Group’s 24-hour call centre and auto emergency towing services for clients such as Proton and Perodua.
- Syn is currently CEO of China-based Fastlane Group, leading its growth that comprises complete international tourism emergency and SOS services, and crime and security management control.
- Syn is also Secretary General for the Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Shanghai), forging close relationship with the Embassy and Consulate to offer Malaysians and the Chinese, a platform to cross promote their businesses, and strengthen their bond.
Choo Jiun Shyan
Scoring 11 As in SPM and 4 As in STPM, Jiun Shyan undertook BSc in Statistics degree studies with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), and graduated with Honours.
He registered in 2014 for HELP University’s Master of Corp Governance, (MCG) and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
He graduated with the MCG in 2016, completed his CPA exams in 2018, obtaining a High Distinction for the Global Strategy and Leadership core paper.
- Jiun Shyan is currently Insights Manager in the research department of one of the biggest media agencies in Malaysia, in partial fulfillment of the requisite post examination practice to become a member as full professional Certified Practising Accountant.
- He aims to utilize his qualifications and industry experience to build his career in financial and management consultancy.
Ong Yun Ling
In the Dean’s List roll of Multimedia University Faculty of Business and Law, 2002 to 2005. Awarded Bachelor of Accounting (1st Class Hons) with CGPA of 3.70, 2006.
Candidate for the HELP University Master of Corp Governance (MCG) , achieved CGPA of 3.77 and awarded MCG with Distinction in 2017.
Achieved Outstanding Achievement award in MICPA Advanced Stage Examinations and MICPA member since 2009 Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), 2010.
- Before joining Hitachi Construction Machinery (M) Sdn Bhd as Senior Accounting and Finance Manager in 2016, Yun Ling was industrial trainee with PricewaterhouseCoopers, then Assurance Manager with Ernst & Young before joining the Malaysian Institute of Accountants in 2014 as Manager (Accounting Unit – Professional Standards and Practices).
Dr Raymond M Jambaya
Raymond is Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential, regional learning and development consultancy based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, working globally with multinationals, including Fortune 500 companies.
He is a member of the Institute of Personnel Management Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Psychological Association. His publications include several for International Union of Psychology and ARUPS, (2010).
- Zimbabwe Midlands State University BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management (USD 10,000 Merit Scholarship)
- HELP Master of Managerial Psychology, 2010
- HELP Doctor of Business Administration, 2017 (HELP Full Scholarship)
- Zimbabwe Achievers Award ( Young Achiever Category) 2018 Finalist
- 2018 World HRD Congress: Top 100 Global Learning and Development Thought Leaders
- Key Note Speaker at Talent Management Asia 2018 Conference (K. Lumpur).
- Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential
Nick Tham Weng Lik
Nick Tham scored 11 As in SPM and won a JPA full scholarship for Foundation and Bachelor of Mechical Engineering studies from University Technology Petronas for which he in the Dean’s List and graduated in 2014.
He registered for the HELP Master of Corp Governance under a 50% course fees scholarship and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
After graduating MCG in 2016, he completed the CPA in 2018 with 2 exemptions from MCG, and scored 1 Distinction and 3 Credits.
- Nick Tham is currently with Deloitte’s as an auditor to fulfill the requisite industry experience for full professional Certified Public Accountant membership.
- He plans to build his career in financial and management consultancy and advisory services.
Dr Karl Ng
- Programme: MBA (Distinction) and DBA from the Charles Sturt University Program at HELP University
- Years of Attendance: 1998-2000; 2001-2006
- Current work/study: Director, Innovation Capital Division at Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Education: BEng (Hons), Engineering at the University of Birmingham
- Programme: Master of Entrepreneurship (2008)
- Current work/study: Melvin has been instrumental in spearheading the growth of two businesses in the United Arab Emirates. Country Manager at Benham & Reeves Residential Lettings. CEO and Executive Director of Deakin International; Vice-President of the Financial Planning Association Malaysia (FPAM)
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Queensland
- Hometown: Penang, Malaysia
Haval Sdeek Mzory
- BBA awarded by Saladdin University, Kurdistan MBA from Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France Registered for the HELP DBA in 2011, completed it in 2016 with his research on “Adoption of E-Government services in Kurdistan”, and graduated in 2017.
- Also attended the English Language programme at Kaplan International Language Center at San Diego, California.
Yau Pow Jack
- Executive Director, Visbeta Consulting, a professional technology-driven accounting and financial solutions consultancy.
- General Manager and Head of Finance & Strategic Planning at Compugates Holdings Berhad.
- Deloitte Malaysia in Audit and Transaction Services for several years.
- Finance Analyst for one of the largest global pharmaceutical firms
Chee Chih Hung
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant 2019
- Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (HRDF) Certified Trainer 2018
- Fellow of CPA (Australia) 2012
- Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business Bus, 2008; programme wholly conducted off-shore at HELP University, (previously HELP University College)
- Chartered Accountant (MIA – Malaysian Institute of Accountants), 2002
- Bach Bus (Accouning) RMIT, Australia, 1996
Mohammadali Akbar, FCMI
- Business Owner, Board Member and CEO, since 2010, of Samiran Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, one of 7-Eleven franchises in Malaysia.
- Research and Development Consultant to Orchid International Automobiles LLC, Muscat, since 2014
- Research and Development Consultant to Integrated Auto Parts, LLC, UAE, since 2015
- Board member and Managing Director of Armani Global Ltd, Kuala Lumpur, 2012 – 2016
- Computer and Information Research Assistant at MEHR CAM PARS CO, Tehran, 2001 – 2003
- Public Relations Officer at MEHR AUTOMOTIVE COMPLEXE S CO LTD, Tehran, 2003 – 2005
Mohammadali plans to create and launch his own brand of F&B franchise business at first opportunity.
- Fellow of Chartered Management Institute, UK, 2018
- HELP University MBA, Kuala Lumpur 2017, and progressing as a candidate for the HELP DBA.
- BA (Design) Curtin University, Perth, 2011.
- Studied at Sore High School and Kourosh Pre-University, Tehran.
- Information Technology Lecturer, Prince Sattam University, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia, 2018/2019
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2017/2018
- IT Help Desk Solutions Provider/Consultant, Creative Solutions Co., Riyadh, S. Arabia, 2015 to 2017
- Computer Science Lecturer, Adwa Al-Hedaya Co., Riyadh, 2014/2015
- IT Lecturer, Ajiakuna Educational Co., Riyadh, 2013/2014
- IT Support Specialist, Al Rajhi Soft Co., Riyadh, 2012/2013
- Admitted as PhD candidate in 2017 at Universiti Putra Malaysia at the Faculty of Computer Science with research study entitled, “Risk Management in Agile Software Projects
- HELP University Master of Project Management graduate, 2017
- Bachelor of Computer Science graduate, awarded by University of Kalamoon, Syria
- Member, Malaysian Software Engineering Interest Group, MySEIG, since 2017
- Member, Project Management Institute, USA, (Malaysian Chapter), (PMIMY), since 2016
Dr Adil Khamis Ahradad Al-Balushi
Head of Programmes and many other senior public sector positions and responsibilities, from Special Programmes, Specialist Trainer, Head of Administration, to PR and Media Specialist, for 17 years, at Development & Learning Centre of Institute of Public Administration, Ministry of National Economy and Ministry of Education, Sultanate of Oman.
- Administration and Legal Officer in the Office of Minister of State/Governor of Muscat, developing the legal framework and regulatory competencies for the Minister’s Office.
- Lecturer/Trainer for government staff and the military and building the legal framework of Municipal Councils.
- Arbitrator for the Ministry of Education on development of education in Oman.
- Conducted 2,500 hours for over 8 years of training on management and strategy, finance, banking and organisational behavior for colleges and training centres in Oman, Malaysia and Singapore.
- HELP University DBA, undertaken from 2014 to 2018 and graduated in 2019.
- Master of Business Administration, Muwata University in Jordan, 2009.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Administration, Muwata University, Jordan, undertaken from 2000 to 2004 and graduated in 2004.
Angela Wong Kai Hee
In a career spanning 20 years that started in private sector employment, Angela Wong, in 2007, founded her own business, Merit Management Services (MMS), providing accounting, finance, company secretarial and management services to clients, then corporatized it to Merit Corporate Service Sdn. Bhd. (private limited) and assumed the role of Managing Director.
In 2012 and 2013 respectively, she invested in Leverage Network, (plantations operations) and Job Portal (online employment services), and hold directorships in both companies.
Angela had completed her SPM and STPM, and in 2016 succeeded in obtaining the APEL-A certificate from Malaysian Qualifications Agency, qualifying her for admission for postgraduate study. She gained admission as a candidate for the HELP University Master of Corporate Governance degree programme, commencing the course in Jan 2017.
Of the 9 subjects she completed till early 2019, out of the 12-subject course requirement, she scored Distinctions for 2 subjects, Ethics and Governance and Management of Organisational Change, and obtained Credits for the other 7. In February 2019, Angela also succeeded in passing APEL-C assessment via portfolio submission, earning a course credit (CT-APEL) for the subject, Accounting for Managerial Decisions. The School of Accounting and Finance of the ELM Graduate School is confident that she would achieve similar good grades for the remaining 2 subjects and graduate in due course.
Christine Tan Hwa Xian
Graduated with HELP University Master of Corporate Governance (MCG) in 2016 at the HELP ELM Graduate School and, with 2 subject exemptions from prior learning from the MCG, is completing her final professional CPA, Australia examinations to become a professional accountant in due course.
Obtained University of London BSc in Accounting and Finance (Hons) in 2014, through HELP Academy.
Obtained 5 As and 3 Bs for her SPM, and completed Foundation in Arts in 2010 at HELP University under HELP School Achiever Scholarship Award (SASA), amounting to RM 8,000.
Joined Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, as a Credit Management & Internal Control Executive in 2016 and promoted to Finance Analyst in 2019. Christine believes that industry recognition and acceptance of an individual’s profile including formal qualifications and learning, especially from multinationals, is very important In terms of career development, more than the position that one is employed as, in the organization. Hitachi Malaysia has 2 HELP MCG graduates employed in the organisation.
Joey Lee Choi Kin
Joey Lee is colourful. Since 2010, she is Managing Director of transportation business, Progressive Services & Equipment, leading the customer transportation services/deliveries team and managing the entire operations. From 2016, she has been producing films via Passionate World Sdn Bhd, crafting an electic range of films:
- Rise Ini Kalilah on Malaysia’s 14th General Election (GE);
- Bina Harapan MTV production for Malaysian Prime Minister, including the GE-14 nation building theme song;
- Consent 18, addressing the child marriage issue;
- Dancing Paddy, (on child dyslexia), selected for Around International Film Festival, ARFF 2018;
- Still Leaking, promoting environmental awareness at the International KL Eco Film Festival, KLEFF 2017; and
- Culture and identity documentary promoting Muar town’s famed lion dance troupe, Kum Seng Keng.
Joey has volunteered her leadership services as GE coordinator, presented career and motivational talks, and was a moderator for Lorna Tee, award-winning producer and film organizer of the Macau and Berlin film festivals.
- HELP University Master of Entrepreneurship, 2016 with a 3.67 CGPA, undertaken with a 50% fee scholarship.
- BA in Event Management (Hons), 2010 with a 3.99 CGPA under The Star Education Fund Scholarship awarded in 2007, Recipient of the awarding university’s Chancellor Award.
- Recipient of Help Foundation Scholarship, 2005, amounting to RM 10,800.
- Completed SPM in 2004, scoring 11As.
- Director, Intan Sekitar Sdn Bhd, real estate development provider, developing business relationship and strategy and succeeding in securing the Joint Venture Latitud8 Mixed Property Development in Kuala Lumpur.
- Executive Director of Agroto Business (M) SDn Bhd, a partnership between the Perak State Government and Bumper Orchard (M) Sdn Bhd, that supplies premium quality fresh farm produce from the Kinta Highlands.
- Hewlett Packett Sales Manager and Business Partner Manager, achieving customer support for their acquisition and expansion of using HP network system.
- Itramas Corporation and UMW Holdings Sales and Marketing Executive, succeeding in securing business technology turnkey accounts and solutions with/for the public and private sectors, government agencies and GLCs.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business, completed at HELP, 2009 to 2010.
Transferred his partially completed ADP studies at HELP, to Australia and obtained his Bach of Commerce, majoring in Accounting, from the University of Queensland in 2005.
Schooled at St John’s Institution (SJI), Kuala Lumpur; SJI Karate Instructor and Champion at School, inter-school and state competitions.
Khaw Ching Ai
Manager, Global Fixed Income -Private Banking, AmInvestment Bank Berhad
- HELP University MBA, 2016
- ACCA Professional Accountant, 2012.
- HELP University BBus (Accounting) (1st Class Hons) graduate, 2011, and recipient of the HELP University President’s Award 2012 for postgraduate studies.
Recipient of several awards, including HwangDBS Investment Management Scholarship 2009 and 2010, ICAEW awards in 2010 for top achievement in BBus (Accounting) (Hons), Year 2 and for best performance in Management Accounting, Mustapha and Khoo Award in 2011 for best performance in in Taxation, and HELP-CAT Merit Scholarship Award in 2011 for excellent Overall Academic Performance.
- Completed Foundation In Arts (2008) at HELP University.
- Stuided at SMK Puteri Ampang, Kuala Lumpur (2006)
“The HELP Foundation in Arts, HELP Bus (Accounting) (Hons), ACCA as well as the HELP MBA provided the academic and professional learning for a solid education that is of great relevance to my career development and which has given me many opportunities to grow and specialise in professional financial consultancy and management”.
Academic Counselor at Nepal International Educational Consultancy
Sauharda, from Nepal, graduated with the HELP University MBA in 2017.
He was also graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) degree with 1st Class Hons. In 2015, and recipient of the President’s Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
“Having a master’s degree is considered as a cut above the rest when it comes to the real world employee selection process in majority of the companies. My learning at HELP, especially during my MBA studies definitely helped me immensely in understanding the dynamics of the real world, especially because of the way course was structured and delivered on the basis of actual case studies and practical assignment based on current industry practice and in the corporate and social environment”.