Grace Lee Hwee Ling
- Previously ASTRO Group CFO and Chief Risk Officer, Grace is currently CEO, Astro Go Shop driving Go Shop’s commercial growth in Malaysia and in the region.
- She serves as Director of several Astro Group companies.
- ln early 2019, Dr Grace Lee was appointed to the Board of the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC) under the Entrepreneur Development Ministry. Established in 2014, MaGIC’s mission is to build a sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem and to catalyse creativity and innovation for long-term nation impact.
- Grace is also a mentor with Endeavor Malaysia (a global organisation that selects, mentors and accelerates High-Impact Entrepreneurs.
Previously held positions include MCIS Zurich Insurance Head of Corporate Strategy & Branding, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Head of Communications & CSR Management, and Hong Leong Bank Head of Corporate Affairs, and Head of Brand, Publications and CSR, in Group Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Department.
- Currently, Head of Corporate Communication and Media Relations at RHB Banking Group.
- HELP University MBA graduate in 2012 with many Subject Credits, and Distinctions in ‘Management Theory and Practice’ and ‘Strategic Management’.
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (Second Class Upper) from DeMontfort University, Leicester, UK, in 2000.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University MBA completed at HELP, 2000.
International investment professional with extensive experience in private equity investment and worked with Aureos Capital which has managed 21 funds with over 150 institutional investors, including Commonwealth Development Corp, International Finance Corp (World Bank), Norfund, Asian Development Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, BNM and, EPF Malaysia and the Ministry of Finance Brunei.
- Advisor to the Cambridge University Venture Capital and Private Equity Society (CUVCPES); at its launch at St John’s College in 2016, presented an introduction to the world of private equity to eager minds.
- VIP global guest speaker in April 2018 for a Global Online Fireside Chat on “Start-ups Solving Global Challenges” with Silicon Valley Style Businesses, organised by the UN General Assembly.
- Joseph has mentored students and entrepreneurs from 28 countries.
Tan Hann Syn (Syn)
Syn attended school in Malaysia and went to Melbourne for his pre-U studies at Trinity College in 1999 before graduating with BAppSc (Computer Science) from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in 2003.
In 2006, he embarked on his Master of Business at HELP, graduating in 2007, for honing his competence and confidence for managing Fastlane Emergencies Resources Group’s 24-hour call centre and auto emergency towing services for clients such as Proton and Perodua.
- Syn is currently CEO of China-based Fastlane Group, leading its growth that comprises complete international tourism emergency and SOS services, and crime and security management control.
- Syn is also Secretary General for the Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Shanghai), forging close relationship with the Embassy and Consulate to offer Malaysians and the Chinese, a platform to cross promote their businesses, and strengthen their bond.
Choo Jiun Shyan
Scoring 11 As in SPM and 4 As in STPM, Jiun Shyan undertook BSc in Statistics degree studies with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), and graduated with Honours.
He registered in 2014 for HELP University’s Master of Corp Governance, (MCG) and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
He graduated with the MCG in 2016, completed his CPA exams in 2018, obtaining a High Distinction for the Global Strategy and Leadership core paper.
- Jiun Shyan is currently Insights Manager in the research department of one of the biggest media agencies in Malaysia, in partial fulfillment of the requisite post examination practice to become a member as full professional Certified Practising Accountant.
- He aims to utilize his qualifications and industry experience to build his career in financial and management consultancy.
Ong Yun Ling
In the Dean’s List roll of Multimedia University Faculty of Business and Law, 2002 to 2005. Awarded Bachelor of Accounting (1st Class Hons) with CGPA of 3.70, 2006.
Candidate for the HELP University Master of Corp Governance (MCG) , achieved CGPA of 3.77 and awarded MCG with Distinction in 2017.
Achieved Outstanding Achievement award in MICPA Advanced Stage Examinations and MICPA member since 2009 Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), 2010.
- Before joining Hitachi Construction Machinery (M) Sdn Bhd as Senior Accounting and Finance Manager in 2016, Yun Ling was industrial trainee with PricewaterhouseCoopers, then Assurance Manager with Ernst & Young before joining the Malaysian Institute of Accountants in 2014 as Manager (Accounting Unit – Professional Standards and Practices).
Dr Raymond M Jambaya
Raymond is Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential, regional learning and development consultancy based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, working globally with multinationals, including Fortune 500 companies.
He is a member of the Institute of Personnel Management Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Psychological Association. His publications include several for International Union of Psychology and ARUPS, (2010).
- Zimbabwe Midlands State University BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management (USD 10,000 Merit Scholarship).
- HELP Master of Managerial Psychology, 2010.
- HELP Doctor of Business Administration, 2017 (HELP Full Scholarship).
- Zimbabwe Achievers Award ( Young Achiever Category) 2018 Finalist.
- 2018 World HRD Congress: Top 100 Global Learning and Development Thought Leaders.
- Key Note Speaker at Talent Management Asia 2018 Conference (K. Lumpur).
- Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential.
Nick Tham Weng Lik
Nick Tham scored 11 As in SPM and won a JPA full scholarship for Foundation and Bachelor of Mechical Engineering studies from University Technology Petronas for which he in the Dean’s List and graduated in 2014.
He registered for the HELP Master of Corp Governance under a 50% course fees scholarship and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
After graduating MCG in 2016, he completed the CPA in 2018 with 2 exemptions from MCG, and scored 1 Distinction and 3 Credits.
- Nick Tham is currently with Deloitte’s as an auditor to fulfill the requisite industry experience for full professional Certified Public Accountant membership.
- He plans to build his career in financial and management consultancy and advisory services.
Ir Dr Karl Ng Kah Hou
- Dr Karl Ng is Director, Data Economy Division at Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation at Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC). He has been leading MDeC’s efforts in strengthening the Innovation Ecosystem within MSC Malaysia and Digital Malaysia and his responsibilities include Entrepreneurship, Research & Development, Commercialization and Funding. Dr Ng is currently leading the national Big Data Analytics initiative (BDA) which aims to proliferate usage of BDA in all sectors.
- Awarded MBA with Distinction, 2000, and DBA, 2006, by Charles Sturt University; New South Wales, Australia. Both programmes were fully conducted offshore at HELP University (previously known as HELP Institute/HELP University College) in Kuala Lumpur.
- Dr Karl Ng completed his tertiary education in England from 1994 to 1997 and received his Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from the University of Birmingham. He is a Chartered and Professional Engineer as well as Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Melvin, From Penang, was instrumental in spearheading the growth of two businesses in the United Arab Emirates. Country Manager at Benham & Reeves Residential Lettings. CEO and Executive Director of Deakin International; Vice-President of the Financial Planning Association Malaysia (FPAM). More currently – as a successful Real Property Professional for more than a decade – he served the Real Estate industry in Malaysia and internationally.
- Graduate of HELP University Master of Entrepreneurship. (2008).
- Melvin completed his tertiary education in Australia and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Queensland
“In order to come out on top in today’s testing environment, we must learn to trust our instincts, yet remember our values, lead with wisdom, and work thrice as hard. Most importantly, we need to apply and adapt into practice whatever advice, lessons, models, knowledge and skills that one has learned. I benefitted from these under the guidance of the good lecturers of HELP University and its distinguished partner universities. I am truly thankful to HELP and its faculty for all that I have gained. The program has helped me tremendously to turn practice into results in today’s challenging business environment”.
Haval Sdeek Mzory
- BBA awarded by Saladdin University, Kurdistan MBA from Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France Registered for the HELP DBA in 2011, completed it in 2016 with his research on “Adoption of E-Government services in Kurdistan”, and graduated in 2017.
- Also attended the English Language programme at Kaplan International Language Center at San Diego, California.
Yau Pow Jack
Completed CPA (Australia) professional exams with 2 subject exemptions from prior learning in the HELP Master of Accounting & Finance, (MAF) and qualified as CPA and MIA professional accountant.
Graduated with MAF in 2012 at the HELP ELM Graduate School.
Obtained University of East London (UEL) BA in Accounting and Finance (Hons) in 2010 at HELP.
Completed Foundation in Arts in 2007 at HELP with 2 High Distinctions, 4 Distinctions and 2 Credits.
- Executive Director, Visbeta Consulting, a professional technology-driven accounting and financial solutions consultancy.
- General Manager and Head of Finance & Strategic Planning at Compugates Holdings Berhad.
- Deloitte Malaysia in Audit and Transaction Services for several years.
- Finance Analyst for one of the largest global pharmaceutical firms.
Chee Chih Hung
Manager – Commercial & Credit for Malaysia and Singapore, Jotun Paints. Based in Norway, the Jotun Group of chemical companies deals mainly in decorative paints and performance coatings, operating in more than 100 countries around the world, with 9,500 employees, and with production facilities in 21 countries.
Previously in professional auditing, accountancy, financial reporting and analysis, and taxation services and consultancy for 3 leading global accounting firms, Deloitte’s, PwC and KPMG.
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant 2019.
- Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (HRDF) Certified Trainer 2018.
- Fellow of CPA (Australia) 2012.
- Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business Bus, 2008; programme wholly conducted off-shore at HELP University, (previously HELP University College).
- Chartered Accountant (MIA – Malaysian Institute of Accountants), 2002.
- Bach Bus (Accouning) RMIT, Australia, 1996.
Mohammadali Akbar, FCMI
- Business Owner, Board Member and CEO, since 2010, of Samiran Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, one of 7-Eleven franchises in Malaysia.
- Research and Development Consultant to Orchid International Automobiles LLC, Muscat, since 2014.
- Research and Development Consultant to Integrated Auto Parts, LLC, UAE, since 2015.
- Board member and Managing Director of Armani Global Ltd, Kuala Lumpur, 2012 – 2016.
- Computer and Information Research Assistant at MEHR CAM PARS CO, Tehran, 2001 – 2003.
- Public Relations Officer at MEHR AUTOMOTIVE COMPLEXE S CO LTD, Tehran, 2003 – 2005.
Mohammadali plans to create and launch his own brand of F&B franchise business at first opportunity.
- Fellow of Chartered Management Institute, UK, 2018
- HELP University MBA, Kuala Lumpur 2017, and progressing as a candidate for the HELP DBA.
- BA (Design) Curtin University, Perth, 2011.
- Studied at Sore High School and Kourosh Pre-University, Tehran.
- Information Technology Lecturer, Prince Sattam University, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia, 2018/2019.
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2017/2018.
- IT Help Desk Solutions Provider/Consultant, Creative Solutions Co., Riyadh, S. Arabia, 2015 to 2017.
- Computer Science Lecturer, Adwa Al-Hedaya Co., Riyadh, 2014/2015.
- IT Lecturer, Ajiakuna Educational Co., Riyadh, 2013/2014.
- IT Support Specialist, Al Rajhi Soft Co., Riyadh, 2012/2013.
- Admitted as PhD candidate in 2017 at Universiti Putra Malaysia at the Faculty of Computer Science with research study entitled, “Risk Management in Agile Software Projects.
- HELP University Master of Project Management graduate, 2017.
- Bachelor of Computer Science graduate, awarded by University of Kalamoon, Syria.
- Member, Malaysian Software Engineering Interest Group, MySEIG, since 2017.
- Member, Project Management Institute, USA, (Malaysian Chapter), (PMIMY), since 2016.
Dr Adil Khamis Ahradad Al-Balushi
Head of Programmes and many other senior public sector positions and responsibilities, from Special Programmes, Specialist Trainer, Head of Administration, to PR and Media Specialist, for 17 years, at Development & Learning Centre of Institute of Public Administration, Ministry of National Economy and Ministry of Education, Sultanate of Oman.
- Administration and Legal Officer in the Office of Minister of State/Governor of Muscat, developing the legal framework and regulatory competencies for the Minister’s Office.
- Lecturer/Trainer for government staff and the military and building the legal framework of Municipal Councils.
- Arbitrator for the Ministry of Education on development of education in Oman.
- Conducted 2,500 hours for over 8 years of training on management and strategy, finance, banking and organisational behavior for colleges and training centres in Oman, Malaysia and Singapore.
- HELP University DBA, undertaken from 2014 to 2018 and graduated in 2019.
- Master of Business Administration, Muwata University in Jordan, 2009.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Administration, Muwata University, Jordan, undertaken from 2000 to 2004 and graduated in 2004.
Angela Wong Kai Hee
In a career spanning 20 years that started in private sector employment, Angela Wong, in 2007, founded her own business, Merit Management Services (MMS), providing accounting, finance, company secretarial and management services to clients, then corporatized it to Merit Corporate Service Sdn. Bhd. (private limited) and assumed the role of Managing Director.
In 2012 and 2013 respectively, she invested in Leverage Network, (plantations operations) and Job Portal (online employment services), and hold directorships in both companies.
Angela had completed her SPM and STPM, and in 2016 succeeded in obtaining the APEL-A certificate from Malaysian Qualifications Agency, qualifying her for admission for postgraduate study. She gained admission as a candidate for the HELP University Master of Corporate Governance degree programme, commencing the course in Jan 2017.
Of the 9 subjects she completed till early 2019, out of the 12-subject course requirement, she scored Distinctions for 2 subjects, Ethics and Governance and Management of Organisational Change, and obtained Credits for the other 7. In February 2019, Angela also succeeded in passing APEL-C assessment via portfolio submission, earning a course credit (CT-APEL) for the subject, Accounting for Managerial Decisions. The School of Accounting and Finance of the ELM Graduate School is confident that she would achieve similar good grades for the remaining 2 subjects and graduate in due course.
Christine Tan Hwa Xian
Graduated with HELP University Master of Corporate Governance (MCG) in 2016 at the HELP ELM Graduate School and, with 2 subject exemptions from prior learning from the MCG, is completing her final professional CPA, Australia examinations to become a professional accountant in due course.
Obtained University of London BSc in Accounting and Finance (Hons) in 2014, through HELP Academy.
Obtained 5 As and 3 Bs for her SPM, and completed Foundation in Arts in 2010 at HELP University under HELP School Achiever Scholarship Award (SASA), amounting to RM 8,000.
Joined Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, as a Credit Management & Internal Control Executive in 2016 and promoted to Finance Analyst in 2019. Christine believes that industry recognition and acceptance of an individual’s profile including formal qualifications and learning, especially from multinationals, is very important In terms of career development, more than the position that one is employed as, in the organization. Hitachi Malaysia has 2 HELP MCG graduates employed in the organisation.
Joey Lee Choi Kin
Joey Lee is colourful. Since 2010, she is Managing Director of transportation business, Progressive Services & Equipment, leading the customer transportation services/deliveries team and managing the entire operations. From 2016, she has been producing films via Passionate World Sdn Bhd, crafting an electic range of films:
- Rise Ini Kalilah on Malaysia’s 14th General Election (GE);
- Bina Harapan MTV production for Malaysian Prime Minister, including the GE-14 nation building theme song;
- Consent 18, addressing the child marriage issue;
- Dancing Paddy, (on child dyslexia), selected for Around International Film Festival, ARFF 2018;
- Still Leaking, promoting environmental awareness at the International KL Eco Film Festival, KLEFF 2017; and
- Culture and identity documentary promoting Muar town’s famed lion dance troupe, Kum Seng Keng.
Joey has volunteered her leadership services as GE coordinator, presented career and motivational talks, and was a moderator for Lorna Tee, award-winning producer and film organizer of the Macau and Berlin film festivals.
- HELP University Master of Entrepreneurship, 2016 with a 3.67 CGPA, undertaken with a 50% fee scholarship.
- BA in Event Management (Hons), 2010 with a 3.99 CGPA under The Star Education Fund Scholarship awarded in 2007, Recipient of the awarding university’s Chancellor Award.
- Recipient of Help Foundation Scholarship, 2005, amounting to RM 10,800.
- Completed SPM in 2004, scoring 11As.
- Director, Intan Sekitar Sdn Bhd, real estate development provider, developing business relationship and strategy and succeeding in securing the Joint Venture Latitud8 Mixed Property Development in Kuala Lumpur.
- Executive Director of Agroto Business (M) SDn Bhd, a partnership between the Perak State Government and Bumper Orchard (M) Sdn Bhd, that supplies premium quality fresh farm produce from the Kinta Highlands.
- Hewlett Packett Sales Manager and Business Partner Manager, achieving customer support for their acquisition and expansion of using HP network system.
- Itramas Corporation and UMW Holdings Sales and Marketing Executive, succeeding in securing business technology turnkey accounts and solutions with/for the public and private sectors, government agencies and GLCs.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business, completed at HELP, 2009 to 2010.
Transferred his partially completed ADP studies at HELP, to Australia and obtained his Bach of Commerce, majoring in Accounting, from the University of Queensland in 2005.
Schooled at St John’s Institution (SJI), Kuala Lumpur; SJI Karate Instructor and Champion at School, inter-school and state competitions.
Khaw Ching Ai
Manager, Global Fixed Income -Private Banking, AmInvestment Bank Berhad
- HELP University MBA, 2016
- ACCA Professional Accountant, 2012.
- HELP University BBus (Accounting) (1st Class Hons) graduate, 2011, and recipient of the HELP University President’s Award 2012 for postgraduate studies.
Recipient of several awards, including HwangDBS Investment Management Scholarship 2009 and 2010, ICAEW awards in 2010 for top achievement in BBus (Accounting) (Hons), Year 2 and for best performance in Management Accounting, Mustapha and Khoo Award in 2011 for best performance in in Taxation, and HELP-CAT Merit Scholarship Award in 2011 for excellent Overall Academic Performance.
- Completed Foundation In Arts (2008) at HELP University.
- Stuided at SMK Puteri Ampang, Kuala Lumpur (2006)
“The HELP Foundation in Arts, HELP Bus (Accounting) (Hons), ACCA as well as the HELP MBA provided the academic and professional learning for a solid education that is of great relevance to my career development and which has given me many opportunities to grow and specialise in professional financial consultancy and management”.
Academic Counselor at Nepal International Educational Consultancy
Sauharda, from Nepal, graduated with the HELP University MBA in 2017.
He was also graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) degree with 1st Class Hons. In 2015, and recipient of the President’s Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
“Having a master’s degree is considered as a cut above the rest when it comes to the real world employee selection process in majority of the companies. My learning at HELP, especially during my MBA studies definitely helped me immensely in understanding the dynamics of the real world, especially because of the way course was structured and delivered on the basis of actual case studies and practical assignment based on current industry practice and in the corporate and social environment”.
Yip Chee Meng
- Senior Associate, KPMG, one of the Big 4 global accounting firms, offering audit, assurance services, taxation, management consulting, advisory, actuarial, corporate finance and legal services.
- Graduate of HELP University MBA, 2018, that he completed under HELP President Full Scholarship Award.
- Completed ACCA, 2015
- Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (1st Class Hons), 2014, that he completed under HELP Merit Partial Scholarship for all 3 years of the course.
- Completed HELP University Foundation in Arts, 2010, under Distinction Scholarship Award
- Studies at SMK Taman SEA, Petaling Jaya, scoring 10 A1s for SPM in 2008.
“The BBus Accounting programme was up to date in terms of current relevancy of study, as is the MBA. HELP’s lecturers and facilitators are well-experienced and their effective course delivery helped in my learning and preparing me well for industry”.
Tracy Anne Yap
Completed Australian Charles Sturt University (CSU) MBA wholly delivered off-shore in Malaysia at HELP;. graduated in 2000.
Completed LSE Dip (Econs) at HELP University in 1994 (when it was known as HELP Institute), then progressed to University of London BSc (Econs) (Hons) at HELP and graduated in 1996.
Studied at Seremban Secondary School and completed SPM in 1990.
Corporate and HR positions and roles held , as follows:
- International SOS, Head of HR, 2017-2018
- Cummins, Scott and English, head of HR, 2015-2017
- British American Tobacco, HR Business Partner, 2014-2015
- DHL Express, South East Asia, Senior HR Manager, 2010-2013
- F&N Holdings, Group Talent and Resourcing Manager, 2007-2010
- VADS Bhd, Head of Corporate HR, 2000-2007
- Public Bank, Senior HR Executive, 1998 – 2000
- Purchasing Executive with Global Heal Group, the top 360° total solutions healthcare provider in the Malaysian medical equipment industry.
- Marketing Executive, followed by Procurement and Sourcing Executive with Top Glove Corporation Berhad
- HELP University MBA with Distinction, 2018
- HELP Bachelor of Business (International Business) (1st Class Hons), 2016, completed with HELP Merit Scholarship Award for Years 2 and 3 and upon graduation, received the HELP President Full Scholarship Award for postgraduate study.
- Studied at SMK Assunta, scoring 9 As for SPM.
“I started my BBus course majoring in Accounting,but discovered my true calling during course progression and switched to International Business after my 1st year. Graduating with 1st Class Hons, I received the HELP President’s Award, with a full scholarship to pursue MBA studies. The HELP postgraduate learning and qualification provided me with greater opportunities for, and confidence in, today’s competitive and demanding market. Starting my career at a public listed conglomerate, the education and wisdom I received matched well with the job requirements then, and also enables me to blend my passion for marketing with my current procurement role. I am presently taking on new challenges in the medical industry, and hope to apply all my learning to achieve further career success”.
Malik Taufiq Zahanor
Licensed Unit Trust Consultant, Eastspring Investments since 2017. Operating since 1994, Eastspring is the Asian assets management business of Prudential plc, UK, managing more than £151 billion in assets on behalf of institutional and retail clients.
Prudential BSN Takaful and Prudential Agent, since 2015.
Client Servicing Manager, CiptaAsia Worldwide, 2015.
Head of Marketing Communications, Capri Communication Sdn Bhd, 2012-2014.
Brand Strategist, Marketing Manager, Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac) 2010 – 2012.
New Concepts Manager, Chaswood Resources, 2008 – 2010.
Event Coordinator, Toniq Creative Management, 2006 – 2008.
Brand Development Associate, British American Tobacco, 2004 -2005.
Analyst, Arab Malaysian Merchant, 2003 – 2004.
Member of Financial Planning Association Malaysia, Member of Chartered Management Institute, (CMI), UK and Licensed Wealth Planner, Prudential and BSN Takaful.
Commenced in 2019 as a candidate for the HELP University (HELP) MBA postgraduate degree.
Completed the University of East London (UEL) degree programme at HELP and graduated with BA (Business Administration) (Hons) in 2003.
Received MARA Scholarship for Diploma in Accounting at University Tenaga, completing it in 2000.
Completed A Levels at HELP in 1996.
Studied at Sekolah Sri Cempaka up till SPM in 1994.
Recipient of Creative Award: May 2009 BOH Cameronian Arts Award Best Male Performer – “Ismail the Musical”, directed by Joe Hasham.
Phillip Johnson Danker
Pictured on right with wife and fellow CSU MBA and HELP DBA alumni, Dr Grace Lee and HELP Vice Chancellor, Datuk Dr Paul Chan, at the official presentation of the HELP University (HELP) Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award to Grace in 2018, Phillip Danker has been with Shell Malaysia for close to 18 years and is presently Shell Process Manager for Maintenance, Reliability and Turnaround for Upstream, Integrated Gas and Downstream Manufacturing, responsible for global operations, entirely. Prior to joining Shell, he had worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers and KUB Malaysia.
In 2006, Phillip graduated with Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Information Technology degree, which CSU wholly delivered, offshore in Malaysia in collaboration with HELP (previously known as HELP Institute and then, HELP University College).
He has also been a Project Management Professional (PMP) with PMI, USA, since 2006.
Phillip completed his University of London BSc (Economics) programme at HELP, graduating in 1996.
Phillip studied at St John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur, for his primary and secondary school education until his completion of STPM in 1992.
Nicholas Tan Check Foong
CPA Australia, 2018.
HELP University (HELP) Master of Acctg & Fin graduate, 2013.
Graduate of University of East London BA (2nd Class Upper Hons) in Acctg & Fin degree, 2010 completed at HELP. Completed Cambridge A-Levels, 2009.
Nicholas has been with KPMG since 2015: Senior Risk and Forensic Consultant, 2015 -2016, and Deal Advisory Assistant Manager since 2016. He is a pro bono publico consultant, engaging in professional work as a volunteer.
- Since 2018, Perdana Fellow (PF) at Ministry of Youth and Sports, and since 2019, Vice President, of the Perdana Fellows Alumni Association, (PFAA). Established in 2013, the PF Programme is a great opportunity for young emerging Malaysians to work with the Cabinet and contribute to nation-building. Upon completion of the programme, fellows become PFAA members to continue fostering a close network among youth and NGO leaders, the government and the corporate sector.
- President, Junior Chambers International, Kula Lumpur, since 2018; JCI is a membership-based nonprofit organization of young active citizens ages 18 to 40 in more than 100 countries engaged in, and committed to, creating impact in their communities.
- Since June 2018, Board Treasurer of ASEAN Youth Organisation.
- Malaysia National Youth Ambassador since 2015 and World Economic Forum, ASEAN Malaysian Youth Representative since 2017.
- Volunteer with Make-a-Wish International for children with critical illnesses in 50 countries, taught for Teach for Malaysia, coordinator for Light-up Borneo, Malaysia, for electricity generation, and representative for Malaysia Civil Society Organizations (CSO)-Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Alliance between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Human Rights Division) and the United Nations.
Clayton Tan Ju Chiae
Southeast Asia Regional HR Director for Vinda Group, SEA. Headquartered in Hong Kong (HK), and listed on the HK Stock Exchange, Vinda is one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies for hygiene products in Asia, with nearly 10,000 employees.
Previously, Clayton was General Manager of Sunway Construction Group, Head of AIG Malaysia Learning & Organization Development and IBM Senior Human Capital Management Consultant.
He holds the MIHRM Certificate in Malaysian Labour Law (2012), and is:
- Certified Associate Coach (CAC) by Corporate Coach Academy (2017);
- HRDF Certified Trainer (2014); and DDI Certified Facilitator (since 2010); and
- Franklin Cover Certified Facilitator for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (since 2009).
Clayton completed the Charles Sturt University MBA conducted wholly offshore at HELP University, (previously known as HELP Institute), graduating in 2008 with Distinctions in 3 subjects: Strategic Management, Marketing Management and Operations Management.
Graduated with University of Hertfordshire BSc (1st Class Hons) in Computer Science in 2003.
Studied at SMK, Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, scoring Grade 1 for his SPM in 1999.
Clayton, a UK Computer Science graduate with an Australian Master of Business Administration, has a wealth of experience in organization and people strategies. With commendable appreciation of technology, Clayton aspires to leave a legacy in organizations through practical applications of technology-enabled corporate strategies in achieving business results. Clayton regularly volunteers his time, sharing his thoughts through guest lectures or speaking engagements, as well as involvement in community organizations such as Lions Club International.
Wong U Joe
Since 2019, Wong U Joe is Senior Auditor at US-based Valmont Industries, Inc., global producer of infrastructure products that support/enrich growing economies around the world. Part of the Global Internal Audit Team that covers audits in the USA, Europe, Australasia, U Joe performs audits based on Sarbanes Oxley ICFR and US GAAP requirements, and assists Deloitte’s USA on AUP’s (Agreed-Upon Procedure) and special projects.
Previously, he was:
- MSIG Holdings (Asia) Regional Internal Auditor of, 2017-2019, performing internal audits in accordance and compliance with J-SOX in regional audit assignments; and
- Deloitte’s Southeast Asia Audit Senior in Kuala Lumpur, from 2014 to 2017 engaging in financial audits in accordance to global accounting standards such as IFRS.
U Joe pursued postgraduate studies in 2014 with HELP University’s (HELP) ELM Graduate School, graduating with Master of Corporate Governance in 2015 after which – with exemptions for 2 professional papers from his MCG prior learning – he advanced to CPA Australia studies, and is scheduled to become a full CPA member in due course. From 2012 to 2014, U Joe completed the University of East London BA in Accounting and Finance degree conducted at HELP University, graduating in 2014.
He participated in Deloitte’s IMPACT Day, not just one day but occurs at different times of year around the world, when Deloitte’s puts their passion/determination to benefit communities, providing skills-based volunteering and sharing their knowledge and expertise to help not-for-profit organisations by developing strategic plans for social enterprises, teaching business ethics/values in schools, hosting skills-building workshops for not-for-profit leaders, and providing skills-development/mentoring for young people.
From Bangladesh, Pronob Das is engaged since November 2017, with PMCC International, an international platform for sophisticated project management activities and services, as Project Management Consultant, managing several construction projects, including infrastructure, transportation, residential, industrial and retail.
From 2010 to 2015, and in 2017, he was Design, Planning and Supervision Consultant for power and water treatment plants, hotels and highrises, town planning, drainage and water supply distribution masterplans in Bangladesh. He also has industry exposure from 2016 to 2017 as Project Civil Engineer and Corporate Sales Executive in Malaysia.
Pronob graduated with his Bachelor of Civil Engineering in 2010 from The University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh. He completed the HELP University Master of Project Management at the ELM Graduate School, 2015 -2017, and is Project Manager of the Project Management Institute, Malaysia Chapter, (PMIMY). He is presently progressing in his research and studies in the area of sustainable construction project management for his PhD in management.
He is Vice President of Global Compact Network Malaysia: https://ungcmalaysia.org/steering-committee/ as well as Membership Manager/member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee 2018/2019, of International Project Management Association, Malaysia Chapter: https://mapm.org.my/v1/about-us/executive-committee/executive-committee-2018-2019/ .
He is volunteer with the Circular Economy Club Malaysia, (a non-profit international circular economy network) and Ambassador of Global Society for Supply Chain Professionals: http://www.gsscp.org/categories/ambassadors/. In 2019, Pronob received PMIMY’s Certificate of Appreciation for Excellence for his voluntary contributions to PMI and to the Project Management profession.
Ganesswaran is Project Planner at Meinhardt EPCM Malaysia since April 2019. Meinhardt Group, one of the largest consulting engineering practices in Asia with 22 permanent offices in Australia and Asia, is an international multidisciplinary firm of consulting engineers, planners and managers, providing engineering consultancy in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, transportation and related engineering disciplines.
Previously, from 2016-2019, he was Project Planner with Bina Schedulers, one of Malaysia’s fastest growing project control solution and services providers, and from 2014-2015, was engineer with Multisafe Sdn.Bhd, Perak, in the Compounding and Wastewater Treatment Departments.
After completing school at Saint Anthony Secondary School, Teluk Intan, Perak, Ganesswaran obtained his pre-university Foundation in Science qualification and graduated with his BSc (Hons) in Chemical Engineering in 2013.
He commenced his postgraduate education in 2016 at HELP University’s (HELP) ELM Graduate School and graduated with the HELP Master of Project Management degree in 2017, which is accredited by the Project Management Institute, USA, (PMI), the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession .
Ganesswaran, who is a member of the Institute of Engineers, Malaysia, obtained the Project Management in Primavera P6 Rel. 7.0 certification in 2015, and completed the Fundamentals of Construction Law and Practice course in 2019. He is progressing to complete the PMI assessment to become a Project Management Professional (PMP), in 2020.
After graduating with HELP University’s Master of Project Management (MPM) in 2017 through the ELM Graduate School, Vijayaraj (Raj) joined Asia Pacific University as a lecturer in 2018, embarking on his planned career in academia. International recognition of the HELP MPM is heightened with accreditation from the Project Management Institute, USA, (PMI).
Raj is also EXCO Board Member of International Project Management Association, Malaysia, Associate Member OF Malaysian Institute of Management, PMI Member, member of Circular Economy Club, Kuala Lumpur (non-profit international circular economy network) and PRINCE2 Practitioner (Project Management, (PRINCE2-Projects IN Controlled Environments Version 2-is principles and process-based training and the most widely used project management methodology).
Raj had previously been QA Manager, Project Management Monitoring and Tender Management Lead with Malaysian Electronic Payment System (MEPS) for 8 years, and worked for many years in quality assurance, project management, consultancy and training in the IT industry with organisations that include MBf Finance and Silverlake Solutions.
He schooled at Bukit Bintang Boys’ Secondary School, Petaling Jaya, for his Malaysian Certificate of Education, then studied at the International College of Toronto for his Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, and completed his undergraduate education at the University of Manitoba, Canada, with a BSc in Computer Science.
Raj who has interest in astronomy, project sustainability management and squash, shares his belief, that, “It is not what happens to us, but how we choose to handle life that makes the difference”.
Leena Zahir Hussain
Leena Hussain is Senior Manager, Governor’s Secretariat of the Maldives Monetary Authority since 2017. She is also, since November 2019, Deputy Chairperson of Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA) where previously, she was Director General of Administration and Support Service, Financial Executive, and Chairperson of the HR Committee.
Leena had also served at the Finance Ministry for 14 years, where she held key positions including Assistant Director and Director General. She was also on the Boards of the State Electric Company (STELCO) and the Maldives Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC).
Leena schooled at Aminiya School, Maldives, completed her A-Levels in Malaysia in 1992, before registering with HELP University (HELP), (then known as HELP Institute), for the Diploma in Business and became the first HELP graduate from the Maldives, and progressed to complete the University of Southern Queensland BBus in Marketing and HR programme, conducted wholly at HELP, graduating in 1996.
While still in employment of the Maldives Ministry of Finance, Leena advanced to postgraduate studies, graduating in 2006, with Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) MBA. The CSU MBA was delivered wholly-offshore at HELP.
Jack Goh Wei Kiat
Goh Wei Keat (Jack) is, since 2019, Assistant Manager, Project & Planning, at Ivory Properties, (Ivory Prop), a premier public listed property development group in Northern Malaysia. Jack was previously Project Management Executive, 2016-2019 with Sunsuria, among Malaysia’s well-established, and leading, multi-faceted and award-winning- property developers, with a 525-acre flagship development located at Putrajaya South named Sunsuria City, as well as Planning and Development Executive from 2014-2016 with Country Garden Pacific View, and Ivory Prop Project and Planning Assistant, 2013-2014.
Jack schooled at Heng Ee High School, George Town, Penang, till 2007, for his SPM and STPM, thereafter, obtained his BSc in Land Administration and Development at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, graduating with 2nd Class Upper Hons in 2012. He commenced his postgraduate education in 2016 at HELP University’s (HELP) ELM Graduate School and graduated with the HELP University Master of Project Management degree in 2017, accredited by the Project Management Institute, USA, (PMI), the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession .
He was Project Coordinator, Penang Heritage Trust, 2012- 2013, and student intern with George Town World Heritage Incorporated, 2011 with whom he was a Volunteer Coordinator from 2011 to 2013. Jack also completed a case study in 1996 on George Town World Heritage Site: Revitalizing Intangible Cultural Heritage (RICH), Social Impact of Repeal of Rent Control Act, and contributed to Penang’s arts and culture promotions for the George Town Heritage Site Celebration in 2011, 2012 and 2013’s Live Heritage event.
Iranian, Arash Davar, from Kazakhstan, (pictured with his wife, Sativa, an international elementary school teacher, in Almaty), describes himself as a Marketer, Entrepreneur and Educator. In a transformational career move in 2018, that allows him to work sustainably from anywhere, he founded “Concreted by Arash Davar”: https://www.arashdavar.com/pages/our-story, an unusual precious fashion jewellery and home décor product range made from the roughest and rawest material: concrete, and developing it into a B2B and B2C business.
Previously, Arash was:
- Head of Marketing of Finterra,, a leading organization in the FinTech space, building blockchain solutions for the financial sector that promotes mass adoption by consumers and enterprise businesses;
- Lecturer at KIMEP University, an independent not-for-profit educational institution serving multicultural and multinational students in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and the oldest and the largest North American-style university in Central Asia.
- Senior Lecturer at Almaty Management University, a private higher education institution officially accredited and/or recognized by Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Education and Science; and
- Business Trainer, Marketing and B2B Education Consultant of Deilaman, that he founded and was CEO of.
Arash graduated with KIMEP University’s Bachelor of Business in Marketing, Management and Accounting in 2008, then went to Malaysia to pursue postgraduate studies at HELP University (HELP), graduating with the HELP MBA in 2010.
He holds a certificate from Integrity Action, a UK-based international development organisation which helps citizens monitor vital projects and services in the countries where they live, and solve the problems they find.
Vedprakash (Ved), from India, is engaged, since July 2019, as Customer Service Executive with Aegis BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), a global outsourcing and technology services company that impacts clients’ business outcomes by focusing on enhancing customer experience, operating with over 55,000 thousand employees at nearly 60 locations in 13 countries. Ved has represented organisations such as US-based SC Johnson, leading manufacturer of household cleaning/home storage products, responsible for the India market.
Ved had previously been HELP University (HELP) Research Associate for 15 months and also Research and Content Developer for a management consultancy in Malaysia for 6 months.
He completed his secondary school education at VB Balika Vidyapeath, Munger, and scored 89.2%, equivalent to a 4.0 CGPA, and completed pre-university studies at Central Public School, Samastipur, with a score of 66.7%, equivalent to a CGPA of 3.0. Ved obtained his BSc in Mech Engineering at People’s College of Research and Technology at Bhopal, with a score of 8.33, equivalent to CGPA of more than 3.30, and graduated with a First Division degree.
Ved commenced his postgraduate studies at HELP in 2017 under HELP’s bursary and graduated with Master of Executive Management with Distinction in 2018.
His professional certifications include:
- Management Consulting from Management Consulting Institute;
- Innovation Management from Global Innovation management Institute; and
- Descriptive and Diagnostic Data Analytics from HELP.
Ved’s advice: “Explore and experience as much as you can; my HELP Master’s degree journey gave me the opportunity to do just that!”.
Kelvin Khaw Lai Siang
Kevin Khaw is, since Nov 2017, Regional Director, South East Asia, Broadcom Limited, leading the team for SEA, overseeing the Enterprise Software, Enterprise Security and Data Centre Storage Switching Divisions.
Broadcom Inc., headquartered in San Jose, California, is an American designer, developer, manufacturer and global supplier of a broad range of semiconductor and infrastructure software products. Broadcom which serves the data center, networking, software, broadband, wireless, and storage and industrial markets, opened a RM59 million global distribution warehouse in Penang recently, and contributed to Malaysia’s position as the world’s 7th largest electrical and electronics exporter, with exports totalling RM287.7 billion in 2017.
Kelvin was previously, with Hewlett Packard for 16 years in multiple roles, including Director, HP Storage, Regional Sales Director, Sales Director, South East Asia, and Country Manager, Business Critical Systems, and also, was Business Manager with IBM.
Kelvin studied at Setapak High School, the progressed in 1995 to HELP University (then, known as HELP Institute) for Australia’s University of Southern Queensland, BSc in Computer and Marketing course wholly-conducted at HELP, and graduated in 1997. He then commenced postgraduate studies as a candidate for the Charles Sturt University MBA degree programme, also wholly conducted at HELP, graduating in 2006.
Dr Sudeep Mohandas
Dr Sudeep Mohandas’ early career exposure was to the workings of government, and the corporate and non-profit sectors. In a career span of 28 years, Sudeep served World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Malaysia, for 13 years, followed with consultancy for WWF, Switzerland, responsible for strategy, planning, management and operations of local/global issues in Africa and Asia. He was one of the early founders of the Malaysian Aids Foundation and has since 1993, been Pure Life Society council member and life member.
In 2014, he founded I First International, a nonprofit management consultancy, aimed at professionalising the direction and management of nonprofits. Sudeep’s notable achievements include winning the National HR Award for best HR Employer in 2002, editing a book on “Careers in Conservation”, and author of, “What Influences the Generation Y to join a Nonprofit Organisation” and “Nonprofit Management – Trials and Tribulations”, (both books, in the libraries of 3 leading international universities in Malaysia).
He holds a Harvard Certificate in Strategic Management and Governance Leadership and is Harvard Business School alumni. He is a Certified Trainer – with a Teacher Training License – an International Association of Facilitators (IAF) Professional Facilitator, and member of MIHRM and MIM. Sudeep is Treasurer to World Institute of Action Learning (WIAL), Vice-Chair of IAF, Malaysian Chapter, and IAF Regional Leader, Asia. Sudeep also serves as Board member of Amnesty International Malaysia. “Marketing in Asia” online site ranked him, successively in 2018 and 2019, as one of the top 100 LINKEDIN icons in Malaysia.
He graduated with University of Aberdeen BSc (2nd Class Upper Hons) in 1989, Hawaii Pacific University MA with Distinction (Human Resource Management), MSc (Biotechnology) from Imperial College, London in 1990, and DBA in 2014 from HELP University, Malaysia.
Dr Choy Su-Ling
- Certified/AOGPE (USA), Associate/AOGPE (USA), MSL/IMSLE (Australia Dyslexia Assn)
- National Endowment for the Arts Fellow, Duke University, USA.
- PhD, (Media Studies) (Malaya);
- MBA, (E-Commerce) (CSturt), Australia, completed at HELP University (previously, HELP Institute), scoring Distinction for the capstone Strategic Management project paper; and
- BA, Media Studies (Malaya) achieving Double Book Prize Honours. She had lectured in Mass Communications at 2 well-known private universities in Malaysia.
Nurgali, from Almaty in Kazakhstan and now living in Astana, is Assistant Auditor with KPMG, Kazakhstan and Central Asia, since September 2019. KPMG is one of the Big 4 of the global network of accounting and auditing firms providing professional services to clients. KPMG’s clients include Accenture, Citibank Group, General Electric, Deutsche Bank, Wells Fargo and ING Group. He is an associate student of ACCA and expects to qualify as a professional accountant in due course.
Previously, Nurgali was Senior Manager with the House Construction Savings Bank of Kazakhstan for 2 years from 2014 to 2016, responsible for client and relationship management, gaining valuable banking and property development industry experience from the challenges of working in a team, to meet the Bank’s objective to improve housing conditions and residential satisfaction of its customers.
After graduating in 2014 with Bachelor of Business and Finance from Kazakhstan’s Almaty Management University, the oldest private university in the country, Nugali advanced to postgraduate studies in Malaysia, registering with HELP University, Kuala Lumpur for the Master of Accounting and Finance (MAF). He was awarded a High Distinction grade for the MAF Project Paper on “The impact of corporate governance structure on the financial performance of commercial banks: Evidence from Malaysia”, and graduated in 2019, with CGPA of 3.48/4.00.
Nurgali is conversant in three languages: English, Kazakh and Russian
Waleed Jummah Ramadhan Ammar
Waleed Jummah who lives in Tagiura near Tripoli, joined United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNCHR), in Libya, in May 2020, as Human Resources Associate. With its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, UNCHR is the United Nations agency with the mandate to protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people, and assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
For almost 3 years since 2017, he was with Human Resource Manager in Libya with Cesvi Fondazione Onlus, one of Italy’s biggest NGOs and humanitarian organizations, operating globally to protect the rights and dignity of vulnerable people. Founded in 1985, and funded mainly by UNHCR, UNICEF, the European Union, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and private donors, Cesvi is active with over 100 projects in 4 continents, providing assistance in emergency situations in South East Asia, for the HIV/AIDS crisis in Africa, and for refugees in Uganda and the Congo.
Waleed declares that his Cesvi experience has enriched his character tremendously, and his new association, and new role, with UHCHR would surely heighten his sensibility through the development of deeper international engagement and wider multinational collaboration to provide greater, effective support to people in need, globally.
After obtaining his Bachelor of Accountancy in 2014 from the University of Alrefak, Tripoli, Waleed travelled to Malaysia for his postgraduate studies. He registered for, and commenced his HELP University Master of Accounting and Finance (MAF) studies in Kuala Lumpur in 2015, under partial sponsorship from the Libyan Government, completing it, and graduating, in 2017. He says that he is grateful for the education he received whilst at HELP. While progressing in his MAF studies, Waleed had also attended HRM training courses to acquire the competence and confidence in the domain of management in which he subsequently found his calling.
Soraya Abdul Malik
Soraya Malik joins Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia (CGC) in March 2020, in Sales and Marketing management. Owned by the Central Bank of Malaysia, (Bank Negara Malaysia) and commercial banks, CGC assists micro/small/medium-sized enterprises with inadequate/without collateral and a track-record, in obtaining credit facilities by providing guarantee cover on such facilities. Soraya’s previous industry exposure and expertise included management of commodities trading, and providing equipment and service solutions in the quarrying and petrochemical industries, banking sales and services with HSBC, and from 2007 to 2016, sales management and consultancy roles in a diversity of industries.
Soraya, from Kuala Lumpur (KL), completed her school education at SMK Seri Hartamas, KL, obtaining her SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) in 2009, then went to Victoria Institution, KL, to obtain her STPM (Malaysian Higher School Certificate) in Arts, in 2011. In 2012, she registered with HELP University (HELP) for her Bachelor of Business [BBus] (Hons) (Human Resource Management) but switched her business specialisation studies to Marketing, graduating with HELP BBus (Hons) (Marketing) in 2016.
Soraya advanced to postgraduate learning and registered with HELP ELM Graduate School in 2017 for the Master of Business Administration (MBA), receiving the HELP’s Anniversary Bursary award for her studies, and graduating with a CGPA of 3.75 and MBA with Distinction, in 2019.
Soraya shares some advice for a healthy approach to challenges of career and studies: “Stress is a fact of life, but it should never become a way of life. If you need motivation to study, go to the library”.
Roh Seung Wan
South Korean, Danny Roh is Senior Project Manager since June 2019 with UK-based ISG, worldwide specialists in fit out, technology, and construction delivery solutions, operating in 24 countries. He has a proven track-record throughout a career span of 17 years, in successful completion and delivery of the design/construction of residential, office, and commercial projects and spaces for internal and external stakeholders in Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia. His ultimate goal is to lead the construction industry into sustainable development and environmental consciousness.
He was previously:
- From 2018-2019, Senior Project Manager, with Singapore’s Hatten Group, property developers, and investors in hospitality, retail and education;
- Site Engineer, Assistant Manager. Project Manager and Construction Manager, for 14.5 years, with Samsung Construction and Trading (C&T), the parent company of Samsung Group, engaging in business operations in global engineering and construction, trade and investment, and fashion and resorts.
Danny completed his secondary education at Seoul High School in 1995, progressing in 1996 to engineering studies at Soongsil University, Seoul, graduating with his Bachelor of Architectural Engineering in 2002. In 2017, he registered as a candidate for the HELP University MBA and graduated in 2018.
Danny is multi-lingual in English, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Malaysia and Indonesia. His professional qualifications include:
- From 2015, Registered Architect with KIRA (Korea Institute of Registered Architects),
- From 2007, Professional Engineer with KPEA, (Korean Professional Engineers Association),
- PMI, USA, Project Management Professional, since 2008, and
- U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional.
Soon after graduating with his HELP University (HELP) MBA, Doszhan Nurlanuly, from Kazakhstan, joined Tengizchevroil” LLP, (TCO) as Event and Communications Coordinator. TCO, a petrochemical consortium of Chevron Corporation, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, (state-owned oil and gas company), and Russian oil company, Lukarco, tops the list of Kazakhstan’s largest companies. Its total oil reserves in its licensed Tengiz and Korolev oil fields are estimated at 3.2 billion metric tonnes. Previously, Doszhan was Administrative Assistant for 2 years with Arkhimed, monitoring information and trends in the education industry.
Doszhan schooled at No.86 “Bolashak” Secondary School in his home city of Shymkent, in the South Kazakhstan region, before he registered with Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, one of the oldest and most progressive universities in the country, for his Bachelor of Technics & Technologies in Radio Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications, graduating in 2016. He travelled to Malaysia, and registered in 2018 as a candidate for the HELP MBA, receiving HELP’s bursary for his studies, graduating in 2019, and scoring a Distinction grade for the MBA capstone project paper on Strategic Management.
Doszhan is a qualified Professional Web Editor and Engineer in Electronics.
Doszhan explained that his commitment to the HELP MBA grew from his belief that the learning experience would broaden and deepen his knowledge on business and management, develop his critical thinking skills, improve his competence and confidence in communication and presentation, and build his network. Additionally, his travel to stay and study in Malaysia also enhanced his exposure to the country’s people and culture, and such experience and exposure equip him well for growth opportunities in his employment with TCO or in facing other rewarding challenges ahead.
Arny Hlin Hilmarsdottir
Arny Hlin is Finance Manager and Deputy Director, Finance of Icelandair Hotels, for 7 years in Iceland, and moving from her native country to Brunei in 2019 to continue her role mainly through digital communication and management. Her move is partially the consequence of Icelandair Hotels being acquired by Berjaya Property Ireland Limited, a subsidiary of public-listed Berjaya Land Berhad, one of the largest property groups in Malaysia, with operations in multiple sectors such as hotels and resorts, property investment and retail.
Arny was previously Finance Manager of Hilton Rekjavik Nordica from 2012-2013, Managing Director of FVH (Association of Economists and Business Graduates in Iceland), and Executive Committee Member of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Matters, Iceland.
In 1994, she obtained her Commercial Diploma in Economics from the Commercial College, the oldest private school in Iceland, and progressed to undergraduate studies at Háskóli Íslands, (the University of Iceland), the country’s oldest and largest institution of higher education, graduating with her BSc in Business Administration in 2002. She joined Air Atlanta Icelandic for 7 years as Operations Specialist, then, as Director of Treasury, before leaving for Malaysia in 2008 for postgraduate studies to enhance her management competence and confidence for greater career options.
Arny registered in 2008 with HELP University in Kuala Lumpur for the MBA, graduating in 2010, with a “Distinction grade” in the subject: Management Theory & Practice.
Faisal Mohammed Hanif
Faisal Mohammed, an Indian national who has been living in Kuwait for some time, is Marketing & Events Manager with Promedia International, Kuwait since 2017. Promedia, providing services to develop knowledge, skills and capabilities of human capital in the state of Kuwait, has become an institution with expertise in the field of business, HR strategic development, event management, and conference and consultancy services for the public and private sectors in the Middle East.
Faisal was previously:
- Business Development Officer for one year with NBTC, Kuwait, a diversified global business in Engineering and Construction, Fabrication and Machining, Technical Services, Heavy Equipment leasing, Logistics, Hotel and Retailing, in the Gulf;
- Marketing Research & Event Coordinator, with Kazema Engineers Projects, Kuwait, for 3 years; and
- Interned as Assistant Events Coordinator in Malaysia in 2009.
Faisal was in Kuala Lumpur for postgraduate studies, receiving a HELP bursary for course fees, at the ELM Graduate School at HELP University from 2014 to 2016, graduating in 2017 with the Master of Project Management with a Distinction grade for 6 of the 12 subjects of the course.
He had also obtained his Bachelors of Business Administration awarded by a Malaysian private university in 2009. After obtaining his secondary school Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) qualification, he completed his high school education at an Indian public school in 2006.
Faisal is conversant in 4 languages: English, Hindi, Urdu and Arabic.
Dr Sulthon Sjahril Sabaruddin
Sulthon completed his PhD in International Economics from Universitas Indonesia in 2012, the youngest doctoral student to graduate (yudicium batch August 2012), after public defense of his thesis. He obtained his Charles Sturt University MBA, wholly delivered off-shore in K Lumpur at HELP University, (2003-2005). He had studied at Assumption University, Thailand and at the University of Sydney, and completed his Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) at the University of Wollongong (2003).
He is First Secretary Indonesian Diplomatic Official at the Centre for Education and Training, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia. With more than 10 to 15 years, respectively, of diplomatic service, and teaching experience at several Indonesian universities, Sulthon had been:
- Visiting Professor at Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE), Mexico (2015);
- Visiting Fulbright Scholar at the Department of Economics, Pomona College/Claremont Graduate University, California (2014-2015); and
- Visiting Diplomatic Scholar at Instituto del Servicio Exterior de la Nacion, Buenos Aires (2012).
He was Chargé d’Affaires, Indonesian Embassy in Sana’a (2016-2018) and Indonesian Embassy Attaché in Santiago (2010-2011). His assignments also included the Centre for Policy Analysis and Development in American and European Regions (2013-2016), Directorate of Trade, Industry, Investment and Intellectual Property Rights (2012-2013), Secretariat Directorate General for American and European Affairs (2011-2012), Directorate of Consular Affairs (2010), and Bureau of the Minister (2010).
He was lecturer at an Indonesian private college (2005-2008), Adjunct Spanish Lecturer at Universitas Prof Dr Moestopo (Beragama) (2009), Researcher at The Habibie Center (2008), and Technical Officer at Finance Integration Division, ASEAN Secretariat (2009). He continues to be active as a lecturer at Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Jakarta, Universitas Azzahra Jakarta, and Universitas Terbuka.
Sulthon’s main research interest is international trade and economic diplomacy on Indonesia-Latin America relations. His work was published in several respected international and national journals. He is multi-lingual in Indonesian, English, Spanish, Sundanese, Arabic, Thai and Russian.
Oloruntoba Daniel Fabola
Daniel Fabola (Daniel) who was born in Kano, then grew up in Lokoja in Nigeria, joined Accenture, Malaysia, in 2018 as Team Lead – Operations, managing operations/quality metrics for ensuring overall business excellence. Incorporated in Ireland, Accenture plc, a global consultancy in management consulting, technology, and outsourcing, is a Fortune 500 company with clients from 91 of the Fortune Global 100 companies and with 75% of its customers in the Fortune Global 500.
Daniel was previously with:
- Scicom (MSC), the world’s leading outsourcing service providers and advisors, for 5 and a half years in Kuala Lumpur, and was Assistant Manager-Operations from 2012 to 2016, and Assistant Manager Customer Technical Support (EMGS – Education Malaysia Global Services One-Stop Centre Project Management Office) from 2017 to 2018; and
- Operations Specialist and Assistant Manager with SingTel (Singapore Telecommunications) Technical Helpdesk in Kuala Lumpur from 2010 to 2012.
Daniel graduated with his Bachelor of Agricultural Economics in 2006 from the non-for-profit University of Ilorin, Kwara, accredited by Nigeria’s National Universities Commission. Planning to widen his career opportunities internationally, and describing himself as an optimist, enthusiast and as an aspirant, Daniel travelled to Malaysia in 2009 to register for the MBA with HELP University to enhance his competence and confidence in management, business and leadership. He completed the HELP MBA in 2010, and graduated in 2011.
Daniel is a Project Management Professional with the Project Management Institute, USA, and Certified Manager with the Institute of Certified Professional Managers, USA.
Soon after graduating with his HELP University (HELP) MBA in mid-2019, Fujinari Tsutsumi joined Fez Inc in September, 2019, moving to Amstelveen in North Holland, and working through fluid remote engagement with the retail tech solution provider, headquartered in Tokyo. Fez seeks to create digital innovation based on user experience. Fuji is Creative Director, managing corporate planning, (strategy, public relations and human resources), and promoting strategic project transformation.
For more than 13 years from 2006 to 2019, Fuji was Copywriter, Creative Manager and Digital Planner with Japanese advertising and public relations firm, Dentsu, the largest agency brand and fifth largest agency group in the world.
Born in Osaka, then moving to Tokyo, Fuji obtained his BA (Sociology) in 2006 from Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, among Japan’s top-ranking private universities. He decided on HELP’s ELM Graduate School for his postgraduate studies because he believed that the multiculturalism and the networking in Kuala Lumpur, the hub of Asia, would help awaken his leadership qualities, heighten his management competence and ignite his entrepreneurial spirit for good global opportunities for career growth. For his MBA, Fuji succeeded in obtaining good grades: 4 Distinctions (for the Strategic Management Project Paper, Supply Chain Management, Business Economics and Corporate Finance) and 3 Credits for the 12 –subject coursework programme.
His move from advertising and media to retail tech, and working from Western Europe was a deliberate family decision for the challenge of putting his MBA learning to practice, at the global stage, in business planning, marketing, and PR and creativity, and to enhance his international profile. The move to Holland was also his family’s plan for his son to gain the facility to develop well as a tennis player.
Tochukwu Chidinma Umelo
Tochukwu Umelo (Toch) from Lagos, Nigeria, is Information Technology Business Analyst with Orica in Melbourne., Australia, the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas, and construction markets.
Toch’s wide experience in technical and information support, and business management, included:
- Dell EMC Business Analyst in Australia, part of Dell Technologies, that provides essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, and servicing customers including Fortune 500 companies, across the globe;
- ontractor wih Tabcorp Contract, Australia, a diversified high-end entertainment group;
- Information Technology Service Delivery Manager with illion (formerly, Dun & Bradstreet), Australasia’s leading independent provider of trusted data and analytics products and services;
- Atlassian Support Manager with ServiceRocket, in Kuala Lumpur (KL), developing, leading, coaching and motivating engineers in the EMEA Jira Server support team to focus on continuous improvement and development to reach their potential; and
- Technical /Business Analyst to Assistant Manager/Programme Manager for close to 7 years in KL, with Singtel, Scicom, the world’s leading outsourcing service providers and advisors, and SELLBYTEL Group, a global outsourcing company specialising in sales, service, support, human resources, training, back office and home office solutions, after which, he moved to Australia for appreciable career options.
Toch graduated with his Bachelor of Technology (Mathematics and Computer Science) in 2007 from the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna, in Nigeria, a designated centre of excellence in biotechnology and genetic engineering with core competence in the development of vaccines and drugs. Ambitious to achieve greater significance in life, he travelled to Malaysia in 2008 and registered for the HELP University MBA, successfully completed it and graduated in 2010.
Jonathan Ho Shaw Fhung
Jonathan Ho, (aka Jonathan de Ho), studied in his home town of Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, at SMK King George V, widely regarded as the most prestigious secondary school in the state. He progressed to tertiary education at a private college and in 2003, obtained his Bach of CompSc (Programming) degree, awarded by Campbell University, N Carolina, USA. He registered with HELP University in 2009 for the Master of Entrepreneurship, receiving a bursary for his studies, completed it in 2011 and graduated in 2012, scoring 7 Credits for the 12-subject coursework programme.
Jonathan is currently Sales Director and Project Head of MEGA Agency, (under JWG Consultancy), a key city property investment and management firm in K Lumpur. He has also, since 2012, been with KelC Creative, a digital marketing consultancy that grew from his spouse’s entrepreneurial initiative, to help corporates/SMEs create revenue funnels through digital content and sales leads to carve out new markets with long-term marketing strategies. As Director of Business Development, he is responsible for market surveys, analysis and intelligence, and opportunities for business development in the retail industry.
Jonathan’s has extensive professional experience/skills in Strategic Sales Planning, and in the pharmaceutical and real estate industries:
- Head Project Manager with MEGA,
- Director, Imperium Brothers, real estate developers,
- Senior Property Negotiator, Magmas Realty; real estate agent, and services and management company,
- Senior Property Negotiator, Team Leader & Project Leader, Ridgewell Realty, a real estate company in sales/rentals/management of residential/commercial/industrial properties,
- Medical to Senior Medical Representative in the pharmaceutical industry.
Maurice Hong Shiang Hing
Maurice Hong is Project Manager with DSV Air & Sea, Malaysia. DSV (De Sammensluttede Vognmænd), of Denmark are global and local specialists in air, sea, and road freight services, project transport, logistics solutions, and customs clearance, with 60,000 employees across more than 80 countries.
Maurice’s wealth of experience as a solution provider in the logistics and supply chain industry, includes the following:
- BU Head of Sales, 2018-2020, with Panalpina in KL, under Welttransport Holding AG, a Swiss logistics company, which was taken over by DSV, in 2019;
- Corporate Account Manager, District Sales Manager and Coordination Center Manager with Expeditors, a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, in KL, for 8 years to 2018;
- Asst Sales Manager with Excel GSA, general sales agents for airlines cargo transportation, freights forwarding agents and general merchants for the transportation industry; for 2 years to 2009; and
- Ocean Executive in 2007, with Damco, a Danish transport and logistics company offering global transport and freight services services by road, air, sea and train.
Born in Labuan, East Malaysia, Maurice completed his Foundation studies in 2002 at a Malaysian private college, then gained admission to Monash University for his Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Economics and Management) degree, graduating in 2006. He then progressed to postgraduate studies and registered with HELP University in 2008 for the MBA to heighten his management strength and confidence. Soon after commencing the course, he deferred his studies to concentrate on his career development and personal commitments but rediscovered the ttime and grit to resume the programme in 2017, successfully completed it in 2018, and graduated in early 2019.
Bong Kai Tzer
Born in Johor, Kai Tzer studied at the Confucian Private Secondary School in Kuala Lumpur from 2008 – 2013, passing his SPM examination in 2012 and UEC examination in 2013, with creditable results. He then registered in 2014 with HELP University (HELP) as a candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Business Information Management), (BIT), receiving the UEC partial course fee waiver for all 3 years of study. He completed the BIT with a CGPA of 3.75 and graduated in 2017 with 1st Class Hons and was awarded a HELP CEO full scholarship for postgraduate studies at the ELM Graduate School. Planning for a rewarding career as a solution provider in senior management roles, Kai Tzer registered in 2018 for the HELP Master of Project Management, completing it and graduating in early 2020, with a score of 9 Distinctions for the 12 course subjects and an overall CGPA of 3.71.
Kai Tzer joined Hitachi eBworx Sdn.Bhd in Petaling Jaya as Associate Business Consultant in 2017 and was promoted to Business Consultant in 2020. Hitachi Ltd is a Global Fortune 500 company and one of the largest and highly respectable companies in the world while Hitachi eBworx Group is an international financial solutions specialist, providing a wide array of innovative digital solutions to the financial services industry. He was previously interned in 2016 with Mobitek Systems, responsible for providing technical support, conducting software testing, and developing user manuals. Based in Puchong, Selangor, Mobitek supplies customers with telecommunication equipment based on cellular technologies and communication tools.
During his Confucian School studies, Kai Tzer was 1st and 2nd runner up in the school’s Photography Competition 2013, the Highest Achiever Award winner in 2012, Chairman of Mathematics Society, 2012, Best Service Performer in the Mathematics Society and achiever in several other extracurricular activies.
Guo Peng, from Hebei Province, China, studied at Tangshan No. 12 Senior Middle High School, and obtained his Senior High School examination qualification in 2008. He travelled to Malaysia and registered with HELP University (HELP) for an overseas education that would be recognized both in China and internationally, registering for HELP’s Intensive English Programme in 2008, to gain English language proficiency for commencing his tertiary studies. He succeeded in achieving the proficiency in 2009, and gained admission as a candidate for HELP’s Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Hons) (BBIB) degree. He commenced the BBIB in late 2009, completed it, and graduated in 2013.
Planning to acquire the competence, confidence and competitiveness to be successful in in senior management roles in his career, he headed to HELP’s ELM Graduate School, for postgraduate studies and earned admission in 2013, as a candidate for HELP’s Master of Accounting and Finance, (MAF) degree, receiving HELP’s Anniversary Bursary award for his studies. Guo Peng completed the MAF and graduated in 2016.
Since MAF graduation, Guo Peng accumulated considerable industry experience in financial management, risk management, data analysis and senior level strategic planning. He began his career in 2015 as Director of Finance Risk Control with Bank of China, responsible for currency risk and data control. He subsequently joined China’s Hengyuan Group in Beijing and was transferred in 2019, to Malaysia Hengyuan International Limited (MHIL) in Kuala Lumpur. He is currently Chief Management Data Analyst in charge of data information management, data risk analysis and trading risk control, and undertakes content, data and financial risk analysis, and profitability and growth forecasts for MHIL’s subsidiary, Hengyuan Refining Co Bhd, (formerly known as Shell Refining Co Bhd).
From 2013 -2015, Guo Peng was President of the China Students’ Association at HELP and representative of the Chinese Students Association in Malaysia.
Sun Mo, from Jinan, Shandong Province, China, studied at the Senior High School affiliated to the Shandong Normal University, Jinan, and obtained his Senior High School examination qualification in 2007. He progressed to Nanjing College of Politics and qualified with his Diploma, then, his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Administrative Management, in 2014.
To broaden his learning and strengthen his management knowledge and skills for good career development, he decided to travel to Malaysia for his overseas education. Sun Mo registered with HELP University (HELP), in Kuala Lumpur, recognized in China and internationally, for HELP’s Intensive English Programme in late 2106, to achieve English language proficiency for commencing his tertiary studies. Upon achieving the required proficiency in 2017, he succeeded in gaining admission as a candidate for HELP’s MBA, receiving HELP’s Anniversary Bursary Award for his studies, successfully completed the course and graduated in 2018, with a Distinction for the subject, Business Economics.
In late 2018, Sun Mo joined the Jinan High-level Talents Development Association (JNHTDA) as Administration Manager. JTDPA is a regional, joint and non-profit social organization founded by high-level talents in the Jinan region, operating under the CPC Jinan Municipal Committee. He planned and carried out academic exchanges, special lectures, forums, discussion sessions and assisted in organising information mining of human resources and docking of high-level talents, and also provided policy advice to assist in the approval of the members’ research projects.
Sun Mo was previously, from 2012 to 2015, Administrator of Shandong Weifu Technology, a network technology company, engaged in computer network engineering, sales, installation, after-sales service and systems maintenance. He was, among a wide spectrum of responsibilities, mainly in charge of the preparation, custody and management of information and documentation for the company’s network, website, and mailbox.
Zhang Lu, from Liaoning, China, studied at Fu Meng No. 2 Senior High School of Fuxin Mongolian Autonomous County, China, and obtained her Senior High School examination qualification in 2010. Planning for an overseas education, she travelled to Malaysia and registered with HELP University (HELP) for the Intensive English Programme in 2013, to be language proficient to commence tertiary studies. She succeeded in obtaining the required proficiency, and gained admission into HELP’s Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) programme. She commenced the course in late 2013, receiving HELP’s bursary, and completed it, and graduated in 2017.
Ambitious to be competent, confident and competitive for a significant career, she progressed to postgraduate studies at HELP’s ELM Graduate School, gaining admission in 2017, as a HELP MBA candidate. Zhang Lu received a HELP Anniversary Bursary for her studies, and garnered a Distinction Grade for Business Economics, Corporate Finance and Strategic Management.
Currently operating a jewellery business in K Lumpur (KL), selling mostly imported premium goods from China, with her Malaysian partner, Zhang Lu has been managing the operations even during her studies at HELP. Her role includes assisting in preparing financial statements, reviewing financial information, cost control, and managing the company’s social media platform. She was previously with the Chinese Embassy in KL mainly in the visa-processing for Malaysians and others intending to visit China. She has plans in the future to venture into other businesses and advance to doctoral studies.
She was a member of the Taekwondo and First Aid Club at HELP, and cherishes her student life, her activities in Malaysia that included camping trips in the wild, and enjoyed her postgraduate studies.
From Mbezi, Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania, Mathias joined Islamic Finance News – REDMoney Group in Kuala Lumpur, in 2018, as Manager in charge of Key Accounts (S E Asia/Asia Pacific), responsible for strategic market analysis, customer acquisition, client engagement, and business development.
From 2015-2018, he was the Senior Team Lead with Fleming Critical Business Connections, connecting people and organisations with knowledge and business/employment opportunities through conferences, online conferences, training and exhibitions.
He commenced his postgraduate studies as a candidate for the degree of Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntrep) at the HELP’s ELM Graduate School in 2013, successfully completed it and graduated in 2015. Prior to his postgraduate studies, from 2009 to 2011, Mathias studied for the University of East London Bachelor Of Arts (Hons) (Business Studies) degree, delivered 3+0 at HELP’s Faculty of Business, and graduated in 2012.
Mathias studied at Shaaban Robert Secondary School in Upanga, Dar Es Salaam up till his secondary and pre university qualifications. He was attracted to Malaysia and HELP for his tertiary/postgraduate education because of the ease in obtaining a student visa and the very affordable study and living costs, compared to many other countries, with several options for twinning degree programmes, particularly with UK and Australia universities. Mathias is drawn to a career in entrepreneurship or employment/intrapreneurship in international e-commerce.
Sean William Chin Tien Xiong
Since 2019, Sean William Chin, from Kuala Lumpur (KL), is General Manager of MV Lien Minh Ltd Co, Vietnam, the exclusive agency in the country, of Leonhard Kurz Stiftung & Co KG of Germany, the worldwide leader in thin film technology.
Previously, from 2014 to 2018, he was Quality Management Representative, Business Development Manager and Deputy General Manager undertaking an intra-preneurial role, with Kong Weng Glass (KWG). KWG, based in Klang, State of Selangor, is Malaysia’s leading independent glass company, offering a wide array of glass products and glass, mirror and glazing solutions. Prior to that, Sean was Trade & Research Assistantin 2013 with the Korea Trade & Promotion Agency (KOTRA), and Administrative Assistant in 2011 with DKSH, or Diethelm-KellerSiberHegner, a Swiss Market Expansion Services Group, in Petaling Jaya, managing the warehousing and storage condition of life sciences products.
Sean William registered with the ELM Graduate School as a candidate for the HELP University’s (HELP) Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntrep) degree to develop his consciousness of the nature, challenges and the right mindset and foresight, for successful entrepreneurship. He commenced the MEntrep in 2014, received a HELP bursary for his course fees, and graduated in 2015. Before his postgraduate studies, Sean had in 2011, been a student of HELP’s Bachelor of Economics (Hons) (BEcons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, completed it in 2013, and graduated in 2014.
He registered with a private college in KL to obtain his Diploma in Computer Science & Statistics in 2010 from which he succeeded in garnering 2 subject credits for his HELP BEcons tertiary programme. Sean studied at SMK Wangsa Melawati in KL, passing his secondary school SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) examination in 2007.
Yannick Ho Menn Huing
Yannick Ho, from Sabah, East Malaysia, has been Project Manager since 2018, with Activants Pte Ltd, an enterprise solutions company, headquartered in Singapore, that delivers enterprise solutions such as business process and document management, business analytics and robotic process automation for clients that include Audi, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, and Canon.
Previously, Yannick was:
- From 2017-2018, Project Manager with InsiteMY Innovation Sdn Bhd, K Lumpur, a leader in innovative software solutions for the Malaysian and foreign financial services industry;
- Project Management Senior Consultant from 2014-2017, with Macrokiosk Bhd in K Lumpur, a mobile technology enabler in 12 Asian countries, focusing on Enterprise Mobility Solutions (EMS) and Mobile Payment Services (MPS); and
- <Regional APAC Change Coordinator from 2010-2014 with Hewlett Packard, Cyberjaya./li>
Yannick registered with HELP University for his postgraduate studies at the ELM Graduate School, as a candidate for Master of Project Management, (MPM). He commenced the course in 2015, received the HELP Anniversary Bursary Award for his studies, and graduated in 2017 with Distinction grades for 4 of the MPM course requirement of 12 subjects. He had studied at Kota Kinabalu High School for his secondary school education and obtained his SPM in 2004. In 2006, he progressed to Foundation in Information Technology studies at Multimedia University (MMU), Cyberjaya, for his pre-university qualification. He proceeded to tertiary education at MMU, for his Bachelor of IT (Hons) in Security Technology degree and graduated in 2009.
During his undergraduate studies, he was Assistant Secretary for the IT Society and Student Representative for the Faculty Information, Science & Technology, and played tennis. At school, Yannick was a School Librarian and Prefect.
Ahmed Farouk Ahmed Altahir
Born in Omdurman, Sudan’s most populated city on the western banks of the Nile, across from the capital, Khartoum, Ahmed Farouk is Country Senior Financial Accountant since 2018, with PLAN International in Khartoum. Founded in 1937, with its global hub in Woking in the United Kingdom, and active in 75 countries, PLAN is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls, striving for a just world, and working together with children, young people, supporters and partners.
Previously, Ahmed was Senior Auditor with International for Accounting, Auditing and Consultancy partnered with KPMG – Almamaon Hamid & Hazim Hassan, Accountancy and Professional Services, in Sudan. Prior to Almamaon Hamid & Hazim Hassan, he was engaged as:
- ERP System Analyst from 2015, with DAL Food Industries, the sole bottler and distributor of The Coca-Cola Company brands in the Sudan;
- Internal Auditor from 2014 – 2015, with Kanon Hotels, one of the more established hotel groups in Sudan; and
- Accountant from 2010-2011 with Jet Electric industrial Co. Ltd, Khartoum, importer and retailer of fans and electrical products produced by the Birla Group of India.
Ahmed travelled to Malaysia in 2011 for his postgraduate studies and registered with HELP University as a candidate for the Master of Accounting and Finance, (MAF), for the higher learning of academic and professional accounting and financial knowledge and practice, that would be valuable for his career. He completed the MAF and graduated in 2013.
He was at the Sudan University of Science and Technology (SUST) from 2004 for his tertiary education, graduating in 2008 with his Bachelor of Accounting. Founded in 1902, SUST is one of the largest public universities in Sudan, with ten campuses in the state of Khartoum. Ahmed completed his school education at Almanar Algadeed High School, Khartoum, where he completed his higher secondary qualification for his pursuit of university studies.
Yong Chee Khen
Yong Chee Khen (Khen Yong) joined Keeno Heavy Machinery Sdn Bhd, based in Hulu Langat in Selangor, in 2011 and is currently Director and General Manager at Keeno. Keeno is engaged in the rental of construction machinery (excavators, rock breakers, long arms) and contractor for earthworks, demolition works, and other heavy machinery works. Prior to joining Keeno, Khen Yong was Senior Operations Officer with United Overseas Bank Limited in Petaling Jaya.
Khen Yong registered as a candidate for the Master of Entrepreneurship (MER) of HELP University in 2018 to enrich his management and entrepreneurial competence and confidence for improving both Keeno’s operations and risk management. He commenced the MER in 2018, receiving a HELP postgraduate bursary for his studies, and as at mid-2020, had to date, been progressing well, scoring one High Distinction, 6 Distinction and 2 Credit grades for 9 subjects, and achieving a CGPA of 3.65/4.00, after completing 10 of the MER’s 12-subject requirement. Ken Yong is scheduled to complete the MER programme and graduate by the end of 2020/early 2021.
In 2008, Khen Yong commenced his undergraduate studies as a candidate for the HELP Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Finance (Hons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA). He completed his BBus and graduated in 2011, and started on his career.
Khen Yong studied at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Jln Ipoh, and obtained his SPM [Malaysian (Secondary School) Certificate of Education] in 2006. He proceeded to a private college in Petaling Jaya for his pre-university studies and passed his Foundation in Arts (Business) examination in 2007 to qualify for admission to university tertiary education.