Grace Lee Hwee Ling
- Previously ASTRO Group CFO and Chief Risk Officer, Grace is currently CEO, Astro Go Shop driving Go Shop’s commercial growth in Malaysia and in the region.
- She serves as Director of several Astro Group companies.
- ln early 2019, Dr Grace Lee was appointed to the Board of the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC) under the Entrepreneur Development Ministry. Established in 2014, MaGIC’s mission is to build a sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem and to catalyse creativity and innovation for long-term nation impact.
- Grace is also a mentor with Endeavor Malaysia (a global organisation that selects, mentors and accelerates High-Impact Entrepreneurs.
Previously held positions include MCIS Zurich Insurance Head of Corporate Strategy & Branding, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Head of Communications & CSR Management, and Hong Leong Bank Head of Corporate Affairs, and Head of Brand, Publications and CSR, in Group Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Department.
- Currently, Head of Corporate Communication and Media Relations at RHB Banking Group.
- HELP University MBA graduate in 2012 with many Subject Credits, and Distinctions in ‘Management Theory and Practice’ and ‘Strategic Management’.
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance (Second Class Upper) from DeMontfort University, Leicester, UK, in 2000.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University MBA completed at HELP, 2000.
International investment professional with extensive experience in private equity investment and worked with Aureos Capital which has managed 21 funds with over 150 institutional investors, including Commonwealth Development Corp, International Finance Corp (World Bank), Norfund, Asian Development Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, BNM and, EPF Malaysia and the Ministry of Finance Brunei.
- Advisor to the Cambridge University Venture Capital and Private Equity Society (CUVCPES); at its launch at St John’s College in 2016, presented an introduction to the world of private equity to eager minds.
- VIP global guest speaker in April 2018 for a Global Online Fireside Chat on “Start-ups Solving Global Challenges” with Silicon Valley Style Businesses, organised by the UN General Assembly.
- Joseph has mentored students and entrepreneurs from 28 countries.
Tan Hann Syn (Syn)
Syn attended school in Malaysia and went to Melbourne for his pre-U studies at Trinity College in 1999 before graduating with BAppSc (Computer Science) from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in 2003.
In 2006, he embarked on his Master of Business at HELP, graduating in 2007, for honing his competence and confidence for managing Fastlane Emergencies Resources Group’s 24-hour call centre and auto emergency towing services for clients such as Proton and Perodua.
- Syn is currently CEO of China-based Fastlane Group, leading its growth that comprises complete international tourism emergency and SOS services, and crime and security management control.
- Syn is also Secretary General for the Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Shanghai), forging close relationship with the Embassy and Consulate to offer Malaysians and the Chinese, a platform to cross promote their businesses, and strengthen their bond.
Choo Jiun Shyan
Scoring 11 As in SPM and 4 As in STPM, Jiun Shyan undertook BSc in Statistics degree studies with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), and graduated with Honours.
He registered in 2014 for HELP University’s Master of Corp Governance, (MCG) and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
He graduated with the MCG in 2016, completed his CPA exams in 2018, obtaining a High Distinction for the Global Strategy and Leadership core paper.
- Jiun Shyan is currently Insights Manager in the research department of one of the biggest media agencies in Malaysia, in partial fulfillment of the requisite post examination practice to become a member as full professional Certified Practising Accountant.
- He aims to utilize his qualifications and industry experience to build his career in financial and management consultancy.
Ong Yun Ling
In the Dean’s List roll of Multimedia University Faculty of Business and Law, 2002 to 2005. Awarded Bachelor of Accounting (1st Class Hons) with CGPA of 3.70, 2006.
Candidate for the HELP University Master of Corp Governance (MCG) , achieved CGPA of 3.77 and awarded MCG with Distinction in 2017.
Achieved Outstanding Achievement award in MICPA Advanced Stage Examinations and MICPA member since 2009 Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), 2010.
- Before joining Hitachi Construction Machinery (M) Sdn Bhd as Senior Accounting and Finance Manager in 2016, Yun Ling was industrial trainee with PricewaterhouseCoopers, then Assurance Manager with Ernst & Young before joining the Malaysian Institute of Accountants in 2014 as Manager (Accounting Unit – Professional Standards and Practices).
Dr Raymond M Jambaya
Raymond is Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential, regional learning and development consultancy based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, working globally with multinationals, including Fortune 500 companies.
He is a member of the Institute of Personnel Management Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Psychological Association. His publications include several for International Union of Psychology and ARUPS, (2010).
- Zimbabwe Midlands State University BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management (USD 10,000 Merit Scholarship).
- HELP Master of Managerial Psychology, 2010.
- HELP Doctor of Business Administration, 2017 (HELP Full Scholarship).
- Zimbabwe Achievers Award ( Young Achiever Category) 2018 Finalist.
- 2018 World HRD Congress: Top 100 Global Learning and Development Thought Leaders.
- Key Note Speaker at Talent Management Asia 2018 Conference (K. Lumpur).
- Head, Learning and Development Technologies at People Potential.
Nick Tham Weng Lik
Nick Tham scored 11 As in SPM and won a JPA full scholarship for Foundation and Bachelor of Mechical Engineering studies from University Technology Petronas for which he in the Dean’s List and graduated in 2014.
He registered for the HELP Master of Corp Governance under a 50% course fees scholarship and concurrently completed pre-requisite accounting studies for CPA Australia associate studentship.
After graduating MCG in 2016, he completed the CPA in 2018 with 2 exemptions from MCG, and scored 1 Distinction and 3 Credits.
- Nick Tham is currently with Deloitte’s as an auditor to fulfill the requisite industry experience for full professional Certified Public Accountant membership.
- He plans to build his career in financial and management consultancy and advisory services.
Ir Dr Karl Ng Kah Hou
- Dr Karl Ng is Director, Data Economy Division at Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation at Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC). He has been leading MDeC’s efforts in strengthening the Innovation Ecosystem within MSC Malaysia and Digital Malaysia and his responsibilities include Entrepreneurship, Research & Development, Commercialization and Funding. Dr Ng is currently leading the national Big Data Analytics initiative (BDA) which aims to proliferate usage of BDA in all sectors.
- Awarded MBA with Distinction, 2000, and DBA, 2006, by Charles Sturt University; New South Wales, Australia. Both programmes were fully conducted offshore at HELP University (previously known as HELP Institute/HELP University College) in Kuala Lumpur.
- Dr Karl Ng completed his tertiary education in England from 1994 to 1997 and received his Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) from the University of Birmingham. He is a Chartered and Professional Engineer as well as Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Melvin, From Penang, was instrumental in spearheading the growth of two businesses in the United Arab Emirates. Country Manager at Benham & Reeves Residential Lettings. CEO and Executive Director of Deakin International; Vice-President of the Financial Planning Association Malaysia (FPAM). More currently – as a successful Real Property Professional for more than a decade – he served the Real Estate industry in Malaysia and internationally.
- Graduate of HELP University Master of Entrepreneurship. (2008).
- Melvin completed his tertiary education in Australia and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Queensland
“In order to come out on top in today’s testing environment, we must learn to trust our instincts, yet remember our values, lead with wisdom, and work thrice as hard. Most importantly, we need to apply and adapt into practice whatever advice, lessons, models, knowledge and skills that one has learned. I benefitted from these under the guidance of the good lecturers of HELP University and its distinguished partner universities. I am truly thankful to HELP and its faculty for all that I have gained. The program has helped me tremendously to turn practice into results in today’s challenging business environment”.
Haval Sdeek Mzory
- BBA awarded by Saladdin University, Kurdistan MBA from Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France Registered for the HELP DBA in 2011, completed it in 2016 with his research on “Adoption of E-Government services in Kurdistan”, and graduated in 2017.
- Also attended the English Language programme at Kaplan International Language Center at San Diego, California.
Yau Pow Jack
Completed CPA (Australia) professional exams with 2 subject exemptions from prior learning in the HELP Master of Accounting & Finance, (MAF) and qualified as CPA and MIA professional accountant.
Graduated with MAF in 2012 at the HELP ELM Graduate School.
Obtained University of East London (UEL) BA in Accounting and Finance (Hons) in 2010 at HELP.
Completed Foundation in Arts in 2007 at HELP with 2 High Distinctions, 4 Distinctions and 2 Credits.
- Executive Director, Visbeta Consulting, a professional technology-driven accounting and financial solutions consultancy.
- General Manager and Head of Finance & Strategic Planning at Compugates Holdings Berhad.
- Deloitte Malaysia in Audit and Transaction Services for several years.
- Finance Analyst for one of the largest global pharmaceutical firms.
Chee Chih Hung
Manager – Commercial & Credit for Malaysia and Singapore, Jotun Paints. Based in Norway, the Jotun Group of chemical companies deals mainly in decorative paints and performance coatings, operating in more than 100 countries around the world, with 9,500 employees, and with production facilities in 21 countries.
Previously in professional auditing, accountancy, financial reporting and analysis, and taxation services and consultancy for 3 leading global accounting firms, Deloitte’s, PwC and KPMG.
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant 2019.
- Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (HRDF) Certified Trainer 2018.
- Fellow of CPA (Australia) 2012.
- Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business Bus, 2008; programme wholly conducted off-shore at HELP University, (previously HELP University College).
- Chartered Accountant (MIA – Malaysian Institute of Accountants), 2002.
- Bach Bus (Accouning) RMIT, Australia, 1996.
Mohammadali Akbar, FCMI
- Business Owner, Board Member and CEO, since 2010, of Samiran Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, one of 7-Eleven franchises in Malaysia.
- Research and Development Consultant to Orchid International Automobiles LLC, Muscat, since 2014.
- Research and Development Consultant to Integrated Auto Parts, LLC, UAE, since 2015.
- Board member and Managing Director of Armani Global Ltd, Kuala Lumpur, 2012 – 2016.
- Computer and Information Research Assistant at MEHR CAM PARS CO, Tehran, 2001 – 2003.
- Public Relations Officer at MEHR AUTOMOTIVE COMPLEXE S CO LTD, Tehran, 2003 – 2005.
Mohammadali plans to create and launch his own brand of F&B franchise business at first opportunity.
- Fellow of Chartered Management Institute, UK, 2018
- HELP University MBA, Kuala Lumpur 2017, and progressing as a candidate for the HELP DBA.
- BA (Design) Curtin University, Perth, 2011.
- Studied at Sore High School and Kourosh Pre-University, Tehran.
- Information Technology Lecturer, Prince Sattam University, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia, 2018/2019.
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2017/2018.
- IT Help Desk Solutions Provider/Consultant, Creative Solutions Co., Riyadh, S. Arabia, 2015 to 2017.
- Computer Science Lecturer, Adwa Al-Hedaya Co., Riyadh, 2014/2015.
- IT Lecturer, Ajiakuna Educational Co., Riyadh, 2013/2014.
- IT Support Specialist, Al Rajhi Soft Co., Riyadh, 2012/2013.
- Admitted as PhD candidate in 2017 at Universiti Putra Malaysia at the Faculty of Computer Science with research study entitled, “Risk Management in Agile Software Projects.
- HELP University Master of Project Management graduate, 2017.
- Bachelor of Computer Science graduate, awarded by University of Kalamoon, Syria.
- Member, Malaysian Software Engineering Interest Group, MySEIG, since 2017.
- Member, Project Management Institute, USA, (Malaysian Chapter), (PMIMY), since 2016.
Dr Adil Khamis Ahradad Al-Balushi
Head of Programmes and many other senior public sector positions and responsibilities, from Special Programmes, Specialist Trainer, Head of Administration, to PR and Media Specialist, for 17 years, at Development & Learning Centre of Institute of Public Administration, Ministry of National Economy and Ministry of Education, Sultanate of Oman.
- Administration and Legal Officer in the Office of Minister of State/Governor of Muscat, developing the legal framework and regulatory competencies for the Minister’s Office.
- Lecturer/Trainer for government staff and the military and building the legal framework of Municipal Councils.
- Arbitrator for the Ministry of Education on development of education in Oman.
- Conducted 2,500 hours for over 8 years of training on management and strategy, finance, banking and organisational behavior for colleges and training centres in Oman, Malaysia and Singapore.
- HELP University DBA, undertaken from 2014 to 2018 and graduated in 2019.
- Master of Business Administration, Muwata University in Jordan, 2009.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Administration, Muwata University, Jordan, undertaken from 2000 to 2004 and graduated in 2004.
Angela Wong Kai Hee
In a career spanning 20 years that started in private sector employment, Angela Wong, in 2007, founded her own business, Merit Management Services (MMS), providing accounting, finance, company secretarial and management services to clients, then corporatized it to Merit Corporate Service Sdn. Bhd. (private limited) and assumed the role of Managing Director.
In 2012 and 2013 respectively, she invested in Leverage Network, (plantations operations) and Job Portal (online employment services), and hold directorships in both companies.
Angela had completed her SPM and STPM, and in 2016 succeeded in obtaining the APEL-A certificate from Malaysian Qualifications Agency, qualifying her for admission for postgraduate study. She gained admission as a candidate for the HELP University Master of Corporate Governance degree programme, commencing the course in Jan 2017.
Of the 9 subjects she completed till early 2019, out of the 12-subject course requirement, she scored Distinctions for 2 subjects, Ethics and Governance and Management of Organisational Change, and obtained Credits for the other 7. In February 2019, Angela also succeeded in passing APEL-C assessment via portfolio submission, earning a course credit (CT-APEL) for the subject, Accounting for Managerial Decisions. The School of Accounting and Finance of the ELM Graduate School is confident that she would achieve similar good grades for the remaining 2 subjects and graduate in due course.
Christine Tan Hwa Xian
Graduated with HELP University Master of Corporate Governance (MCG) in 2016 at the HELP ELM Graduate School and, with 2 subject exemptions from prior learning from the MCG, is completing her final professional CPA, Australia examinations to become a professional accountant in due course.
Obtained University of London BSc in Accounting and Finance (Hons) in 2014, through HELP Academy.
Obtained 5 As and 3 Bs for her SPM, and completed Foundation in Arts in 2010 at HELP University under HELP School Achiever Scholarship Award (SASA), amounting to RM 8,000.
Joined Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, as a Credit Management & Internal Control Executive in 2016 and promoted to Finance Analyst in 2019. Christine believes that industry recognition and acceptance of an individual’s profile including formal qualifications and learning, especially from multinationals, is very important In terms of career development, more than the position that one is employed as, in the organization. Hitachi Malaysia has 2 HELP MCG graduates employed in the organisation.
Joey Lee Choi Kin
Joey Lee is colourful. Since 2010, she is Managing Director of transportation business, Progressive Services & Equipment, leading the customer transportation services/deliveries team and managing the entire operations. From 2016, she has been producing films via Passionate World Sdn Bhd, crafting an electic range of films:
- Rise Ini Kalilah on Malaysia’s 14th General Election (GE);
- Bina Harapan MTV production for Malaysian Prime Minister, including the GE-14 nation building theme song;
- Consent 18, addressing the child marriage issue;
- Dancing Paddy, (on child dyslexia), selected for Around International Film Festival, ARFF 2018;
- Still Leaking, promoting environmental awareness at the International KL Eco Film Festival, KLEFF 2017; and
- Culture and identity documentary promoting Muar town’s famed lion dance troupe, Kum Seng Keng.
Joey has volunteered her leadership services as GE coordinator, presented career and motivational talks, and was a moderator for Lorna Tee, award-winning producer and film organizer of the Macau and Berlin film festivals.
- HELP University Master of Entrepreneurship, 2016 with a 3.67 CGPA, undertaken with a 50% fee scholarship.
- BA in Event Management (Hons), 2010 with a 3.99 CGPA under The Star Education Fund Scholarship awarded in 2007, Recipient of the awarding university’s Chancellor Award.
- Recipient of Help Foundation Scholarship, 2005, amounting to RM 10,800.
- Completed SPM in 2004, scoring 11As.
- Director, Intan Sekitar Sdn Bhd, real estate development provider, developing business relationship and strategy and succeeding in securing the Joint Venture Latitud8 Mixed Property Development in Kuala Lumpur.
- Executive Director of Agroto Business (M) SDn Bhd, a partnership between the Perak State Government and Bumper Orchard (M) Sdn Bhd, that supplies premium quality fresh farm produce from the Kinta Highlands.
- Hewlett Packett Sales Manager and Business Partner Manager, achieving customer support for their acquisition and expansion of using HP network system.
- Itramas Corporation and UMW Holdings Sales and Marketing Executive, succeeding in securing business technology turnkey accounts and solutions with/for the public and private sectors, government agencies and GLCs.
Graduate of Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Business, completed at HELP, 2009 to 2010.
Transferred his partially completed ADP studies at HELP, to Australia and obtained his Bach of Commerce, majoring in Accounting, from the University of Queensland in 2005.
Schooled at St John’s Institution (SJI), Kuala Lumpur; SJI Karate Instructor and Champion at School, inter-school and state competitions.
Khaw Ching Ai
Manager, Global Fixed Income -Private Banking, AmInvestment Bank Berhad
- HELP University MBA, 2016
- ACCA Professional Accountant, 2012.
- HELP University BBus (Accounting) (1st Class Hons) graduate, 2011, and recipient of the HELP University President’s Award 2012 for postgraduate studies.
Recipient of several awards, including HwangDBS Investment Management Scholarship 2009 and 2010, ICAEW awards in 2010 for top achievement in BBus (Accounting) (Hons), Year 2 and for best performance in Management Accounting, Mustapha and Khoo Award in 2011 for best performance in in Taxation, and HELP-CAT Merit Scholarship Award in 2011 for excellent Overall Academic Performance.
- Completed Foundation In Arts (2008) at HELP University.
- Stuided at SMK Puteri Ampang, Kuala Lumpur (2006)
“The HELP Foundation in Arts, HELP Bus (Accounting) (Hons), ACCA as well as the HELP MBA provided the academic and professional learning for a solid education that is of great relevance to my career development and which has given me many opportunities to grow and specialise in professional financial consultancy and management”.
Academic Counselor at Nepal International Educational Consultancy
Sauharda, from Nepal, graduated with the HELP University MBA in 2017.
He was also graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) degree with 1st Class Hons. In 2015, and recipient of the President’s Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
“Having a master’s degree is considered as a cut above the rest when it comes to the real world employee selection process in majority of the companies. My learning at HELP, especially during my MBA studies definitely helped me immensely in understanding the dynamics of the real world, especially because of the way course was structured and delivered on the basis of actual case studies and practical assignment based on current industry practice and in the corporate and social environment”.
Yip Chee Meng
- Senior Associate, KPMG, one of the Big 4 global accounting firms, offering audit, assurance services, taxation, management consulting, advisory, actuarial, corporate finance and legal services.
- Graduate of HELP University MBA, 2018, that he completed under HELP President Full Scholarship Award.
- Completed ACCA, 2015
- Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (1st Class Hons), 2014, that he completed under HELP Merit Partial Scholarship for all 3 years of the course.
- Completed HELP University Foundation in Arts, 2010, under Distinction Scholarship Award
- Studies at SMK Taman SEA, Petaling Jaya, scoring 10 A1s for SPM in 2008.
“The BBus Accounting programme was up to date in terms of current relevancy of study, as is the MBA. HELP’s lecturers and facilitators are well-experienced and their effective course delivery helped in my learning and preparing me well for industry”.
Tracy Anne Yap
Completed Australian Charles Sturt University (CSU) MBA wholly delivered off-shore in Malaysia at HELP;. graduated in 2000.
Completed LSE Dip (Econs) at HELP University in 1994 (when it was known as HELP Institute), then progressed to University of London BSc (Econs) (Hons) at HELP and graduated in 1996.
Studied at Seremban Secondary School and completed SPM in 1990.
Corporate and HR positions and roles held , as follows:
- International SOS, Head of HR, 2017-2018
- Cummins, Scott and English, head of HR, 2015-2017
- British American Tobacco, HR Business Partner, 2014-2015
- DHL Express, South East Asia, Senior HR Manager, 2010-2013
- F&N Holdings, Group Talent and Resourcing Manager, 2007-2010
- VADS Bhd, Head of Corporate HR, 2000-2007
- Public Bank, Senior HR Executive, 1998 – 2000
- Purchasing Executive with Global Heal Group, the top 360° total solutions healthcare provider in the Malaysian medical equipment industry.
- Marketing Executive, followed by Procurement and Sourcing Executive with Top Glove Corporation Berhad
- HELP University MBA with Distinction, 2018
- HELP Bachelor of Business (International Business) (1st Class Hons), 2016, completed with HELP Merit Scholarship Award for Years 2 and 3 and upon graduation, received the HELP President Full Scholarship Award for postgraduate study.
- Studied at SMK Assunta, scoring 9 As for SPM.
“I started my BBus course majoring in Accounting,but discovered my true calling during course progression and switched to International Business after my 1st year. Graduating with 1st Class Hons, I received the HELP President’s Award, with a full scholarship to pursue MBA studies. The HELP postgraduate learning and qualification provided me with greater opportunities for, and confidence in, today’s competitive and demanding market. Starting my career at a public listed conglomerate, the education and wisdom I received matched well with the job requirements then, and also enables me to blend my passion for marketing with my current procurement role. I am presently taking on new challenges in the medical industry, and hope to apply all my learning to achieve further career success”.
Malik Taufiq Zahanor
Licensed Unit Trust Consultant, Eastspring Investments since 2017. Operating since 1994, Eastspring is the Asian assets management business of Prudential plc, UK, managing more than £151 billion in assets on behalf of institutional and retail clients.
Prudential BSN Takaful and Prudential Agent, since 2015.
Client Servicing Manager, CiptaAsia Worldwide, 2015.
Head of Marketing Communications, Capri Communication Sdn Bhd, 2012-2014.
Brand Strategist, Marketing Manager, Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac) 2010 – 2012.
New Concepts Manager, Chaswood Resources, 2008 – 2010.
Event Coordinator, Toniq Creative Management, 2006 – 2008.
Brand Development Associate, British American Tobacco, 2004 -2005.
Analyst, Arab Malaysian Merchant, 2003 – 2004.
Member of Financial Planning Association Malaysia, Member of Chartered Management Institute, (CMI), UK and Licensed Wealth Planner, Prudential and BSN Takaful.
Commenced in 2019 as a candidate for the HELP University (HELP) MBA postgraduate degree.
Completed the University of East London (UEL) degree programme at HELP and graduated with BA (Business Administration) (Hons) in 2003.
Received MARA Scholarship for Diploma in Accounting at University Tenaga, completing it in 2000.
Completed A Levels at HELP in 1996.
Studied at Sekolah Sri Cempaka up till SPM in 1994.
Recipient of Creative Award: May 2009 BOH Cameronian Arts Award Best Male Performer – “Ismail the Musical”, directed by Joe Hasham.
Phillip Johnson Danker
Pictured on right with wife and fellow CSU MBA and HELP DBA alumni, Dr Grace Lee and HELP Vice Chancellor, Datuk Dr Paul Chan, at the official presentation of the HELP University (HELP) Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award to Grace in 2018, Phillip Danker has been with Shell Malaysia for close to 18 years and is presently Shell Process Manager for Maintenance, Reliability and Turnaround for Upstream, Integrated Gas and Downstream Manufacturing, responsible for global operations, entirely. Prior to joining Shell, he had worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers and KUB Malaysia.
In 2006, Phillip graduated with Australia’s Charles Sturt University (CSU) Master of Information Technology degree, which CSU wholly delivered, offshore in Malaysia in collaboration with HELP (previously known as HELP Institute and then, HELP University College).
He has also been a Project Management Professional (PMP) with PMI, USA, since 2006.
Phillip completed his University of London BSc (Economics) programme at HELP, graduating in 1996.
Phillip studied at St John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur, for his primary and secondary school education until his completion of STPM in 1992.
Nicholas Tan Check Foong
CPA Australia, 2018.
HELP University (HELP) Master of Acctg & Fin graduate, 2013.
Graduate of University of East London BA (2nd Class Upper Hons) in Acctg & Fin degree, 2010 completed at HELP. Completed Cambridge A-Levels, 2009.
Nicholas has been with KPMG since 2015: Senior Risk and Forensic Consultant, 2015 -2016, and Deal Advisory Assistant Manager since 2016. He is a pro bono publico consultant, engaging in professional work as a volunteer.
- Since 2018, Perdana Fellow (PF) at Ministry of Youth and Sports, and since 2019, Vice President, of the Perdana Fellows Alumni Association, (PFAA). Established in 2013, the PF Programme is a great opportunity for young emerging Malaysians to work with the Cabinet and contribute to nation-building. Upon completion of the programme, fellows become PFAA members to continue fostering a close network among youth and NGO leaders, the government and the corporate sector.
- President, Junior Chambers International, Kula Lumpur, since 2018; JCI is a membership-based nonprofit organization of young active citizens ages 18 to 40 in more than 100 countries engaged in, and committed to, creating impact in their communities.
- Since June 2018, Board Treasurer of ASEAN Youth Organisation.
- Malaysia National Youth Ambassador since 2015 and World Economic Forum, ASEAN Malaysian Youth Representative since 2017.
- Volunteer with Make-a-Wish International for children with critical illnesses in 50 countries, taught for Teach for Malaysia, coordinator for Light-up Borneo, Malaysia, for electricity generation, and representative for Malaysia Civil Society Organizations (CSO)-Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Alliance between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Human Rights Division) and the United Nations.