Dr. Kelvin Tan Jui Keng
- Programme: Diploma in Business
- Current work/study: Senior lecturer in Finance at UQ Business School with research interests including capital structure, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce with Honours, majoring in Accounting & Finance (UQ); One of the first students from HELP to gain his PhD at UQ Business School
Awards & Achievements
- Dean’s Commendation for Achievement at The University of Queensland for two consecutive years
- Dean’s Award for Researcher Higher Degree Excellence
- Recipient of the Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2013 and Early Career Researcher Excellence in Research Award in 2016
Lim Shin Jin
Awarded a Malaysia Global Leaders Scholarship by The University of Queensland (UQ) Business, Economics and Law (BEL) faculty to complete her Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) (Accounting and Finance) programme at UQ. The highly coveted award, valued at AUD 10,000, will help Shin Jin meet her BCom tuition fees in Australia.
With HELP Distinction and Merit Scholarship awards for the 1st and 2nd year of the programme, respectively, she completed the HELP University 2-year Diploma in Business in May 2019, achieving a CGPA of 3.98, and gained admission to Year 2 of the BEL Faculty to complete her tertiary education.
Shin Jin is from Petaling Jaya, Selangor and studied at SMK Bandar Utama 3, scoring 5 As for her SPM.
Shin Jin said that although her mother, on seeing the HELP banner, prompted her to register for the HELP Dip Bus, she had earlier known of the HELP transfer to UQ arrangement as she had been planning to study at a prestigious university abroad. An important attraction of the arrangement was the cost savings of entering UQ from Year 2 with the credits transferrable from the HELP Diploma. She added that she still had to work hard to obtain good grades for admission to UQ, so she armed herself with determination and the grit to do well. Success came with a bonus from the scholarship award. “We can’t change the past but we can create the future!”
Shin Jin aims to be a financial controller and plans to be professionally qualified in due course with the CPA or CFA.
Low Jia Qi
Jia Qi, joined Ecovis Malaysia PLT (Fka ECOVIS AHL PLT) in Johor Bahru (JB), in 2019, as Audit Associate with Ecovis M’sia, an international professional accounting firm located at K Lumpur, JB, Penang and Kota Kinabalu. Ecovis Malaysia is a member of Ecovis International, a global network of specialists and experts providing professional services, across 60 countries.
Jia Qi Studied at Chong Hwa High School, Kluang, for her SPM and UEC, (the standardised test for Chinese Independent High Schools), that she completed in 2013. In 2014, she registered as a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Diploma in Business in 2014, under a 30% course fee waiver for UEC holders. After graduating with her Diploma in Business with a CGPA of 3.66 in 2016, she registered for the HELP Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Acccounting) programme under the Faculty of Business, Economic and Accounting (FBEA), qualifying for fast-tracking to Year 2. She also received a HELP bursary for UEC students, on course fees for Year 2-3, for her studies.
On completion on her HELP BBus Year 2 with a CGPA of 3.66, Jia Qi succeeded in gaining admission to The University of Queensland (UQ) and transferring her credits to Year 3 of UQ’s Bachelor degree (Accounting and Finance) programme, obtaining a HELP-UQ scholarship of 75% of course fees to complete her tertiary education in Australia. Jia Qi graduated with her UQ degree in 2018 with a score of 5.75/7.00.
“After conducting a comprehensive research and survey, I found out that HELP is one of the best universities in Malaysia. I had planned for a career as an accountant, a financial analyst, or an investment banker, which is why I chose to major in accounting and finance. I also discovered that HELP is well known and trustworthy for its business, accounting and finance courses, which is the main reason why I decided to pursue my studies there. I have come to realise that the Accounting and Finance specialism has indeed benefitted my career to date, and promises to be good for my future”.
Kam Teik Guan
- Licensed Financial Planner with Securities Commission and since Jan 2019, Partner at IPP Financial Planning Group, Malaysia. Associated with Singapore’s leading financial advisory company IPP Financial Services Holdings, IPP Malaysia was founded in 1983 and is a pioneer in comprehensive financial consultation and planning with a strong reputation in the region for its financial services.
- Certified Financial Planner since 2015 with Financial Planning Association of Malaysia. The CFP is the globally recognized qualification for the financial planning industry.
- Financial Risk Manager certification from Global Association of Risk Professionals.
- Business Development Manager, SME Consumer Banking, Standard Chartered Bank for 1.5 years.
- Retail Banking Team Leader, The Bank of Nova Scotia, for 22 months.
- Mortgage Sales with Citibank Malaysia for 2 years.
- HELP University Alumni
– American Degree Program (ADP) at HELP from 1997 to1998
– HELP Diploma in Business from 1998 to 2000
– Australia’s Charles Sturt University Bachelor of Business, delivered wholly offshore in collaboration with HELP, from 2000 to 2003.
- Studied at SMK Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, up to SPM.
Lim Ee Ling
Awards & Achievements
Ee Ling was a HELP DipBus and Charles Sturt University BBus student, recipient of the HELP Distinction Award, Merit Scholarship and The University of Queensland, Australia’s full scholarship for her BCom (Fin) degree.