Dr. Kelvin Tan Jui Keng
- Programme: Diploma in Business
- Current work/study: Senior lecturer in Finance at UQ Business School with research interests including capital structure, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce with Honours, majoring in Accounting & Finance (UQ); One of the first students from HELP to gain his PhD at UQ Business School
Awards & Achievements
- Dean’s Commendation for Achievement at The University of Queensland for two consecutive years
- Dean’s Award for Researcher Higher Degree Excellence
- Recipient of the Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2013 and Early Career Researcher Excellence in Research Award in 2016
Lim Shin Jin
Awarded a Malaysia Global Leaders Scholarship by The University of Queensland (UQ) Business, Economics and Law (BEL) faculty to complete her Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) (Accounting and Finance) programme at UQ. The highly coveted award, valued at AUD 10,000, will help Shin Jin meet her BCom tuition fees in Australia.
With HELP Distinction and Merit Scholarship awards for the 1st and 2nd year of the programme, respectively, she completed the HELP University 2-year Diploma in Business in May 2019, achieving a CGPA of 3.98, and gained admission to Year 2 of the BEL Faculty to complete her tertiary education.
Shin Jin is from Petaling Jaya, Selangor and studied at SMK Bandar Utama 3, scoring 5 As for her SPM.
Shin Jin said that although her mother, on seeing the HELP banner, prompted her to register for the HELP Dip Bus, she had earlier known of the HELP transfer to UQ arrangement as she had been planning to study at a prestigious university abroad. An important attraction of the arrangement was the cost savings of entering UQ from Year 2 with the credits transferrable from the HELP Diploma. She added that she still had to work hard to obtain good grades for admission to UQ, so she armed herself with determination and the grit to do well. Success came with a bonus from the scholarship award. “We can’t change the past but we can create the future!”
Shin Jin aims to be a financial controller and plans to be professionally qualified in due course with the CPA or CFA.