Lim Ee Ling
Awards & Achievements
Ee Ling was a HELP DipBus and Charles Sturt University BBus student, recipient of the HELP Distinction Award, Merit Scholarship and The University of Queensland, Australia’s full scholarship for her BCom (Fin) degree.
Calvin Tee Voon Sheng
“Prior to graduating from The University of Queensland, I studied at HELP University for 3 years and had the best time of my university life here. HELP is where everything begin, the reason for who I am today. The lecturers in HELP University are very passionate in ensuring the effective conveyance of knowledge to students, and the assignments/projects given are very practical and has really prepared me to face the real world.”
- Programme: Bachelor of Business Management (Marketing), University of Queensland (2016)
- Years of Attendance: 2013-2014
- High School: SMK Aminuddin Baki
- Scholarship(s): Awarded the UQ International Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 (covers 100% tuition fees) through HELP University
- Current work/study: Currently with Hewlett Packard Enterprise under its Graduate Development Programme
Audrey Cheah Ee Yen
Awards & Achievements
- Assistant Coach of the Selangor Volleyball Association, 2018.
- Participant in State Women’s Volleyball Team at SUKMA Games, 2013.
- Exchange Student, with HELP sponsorship, at Kookmin University, S Korea, 2017.
- Awarded Most Valuable Player by Kookmin University Amateur Volleyball Club, 2017.
- Captain of SMK D Jaya Women’s Volleyball Team, 2011 and 2013.
Participated as committee member, sponsorship support team member, participant and student facilitator in assortment of extracurricular activities at HELP and in the country, including Buddy role for Korean Exchange students at HELP (2014 to 2018), HELP Korean Festival, 2015, national marathons, (2014 and 2015), and personal development and leadership camp for HELP Foundation students, (2011 to 2017).
Awards & Achievements
Shalini achieved the rare feat of obtaining a full ANU College of Business and Economics International Undergraduate Scholarship worth more than RM200K from the Australian National University (ANU), the highest ranking university in Australia and Oceania, for her Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in Finance.
Adriana Ang Mei Chu
Awards & Achievements
- Completed Year 1 and 2 from 2015 to 2017 at HELP University as a candidate for the degree of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Intl’ Bus)(Hons).
- Completed her SPM at SMK (P) Seri Aman PJ (2013).
- Completed her A-Levels at Methodist College Kuala Lumpur (2015).
Ng Chun Ping
Awards & Achievements
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Fin) (Hons), (2017-2018).
- HELP-Chong Hwa Independent School Scholarship Award (2017-2018).
- Chong Hwa Independent High School KL (2015).
Ginny Ngai Pik Gin
Awards & Achievements
- Completed Year 1 and 2 from 2015 to 2017 at HELP University as a candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Business (Intl’ Bus) (Hons), HELP University.
- Completed A Levels at Methodist College Kuala Lumpur (2014).
- Completed SPM at SMK Seri Bintang Selatan KL (2012).
Chester Tay Choon Huat
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons), 2013
- High School: SMK Taman Connaught, KL
- Current work/study: Currently a financial journalist with The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
Awards & Achievements
- A member of the team that emerged as the 1st runner-up in the CIMA Global Business Challenge 2012 at the national level.
Choi Pui Mun
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- High School: SMK Seri Bintang Utama, KL
- Scholarship(s): Awarded the UQ International Undergraduate Scholarship 2011 (covers 100% tuition fees) through HELP University
- Current work/study: Currently an Assistant Manager with KPMG Singapore
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), University of Queensland (2011)
Chong Kar Mun
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Accounting), 2014
- High School: SMK St. Mary, KL
- Current work/study: Currently working as a Tax Associate with Ernst & Young Tax Consultants
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Hons) Marketing
- Years of Attendance: 2009-2013
- High School: SMK Convent Sentul
- Scholarship(s): The Star Scholarship Award Recipient for Undergraduate Programme
- Current work/study: Assistant Manager of Global Tiger Design, Heineken Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. Singapore
- Education: HELP Matriculation Centre (HMC): Degree Name Foundation Program Field of Study Foundation in Arts and HELP University: Bachelor of Business (HONS) Marketing
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Hons) Accounting in January 2014
- Current work/study: Senior Associate (Strategy & Transformation), Transaction Advisory Service at Ernst & Young
Awards & Achievements
- Ernst & Young Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) 2013, Malaysia.
Koh Kang Swee
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Finance), First Class Hons. (2014)
- High School: Hin Hua High School, Klang
- Current work/study: Currently a mortgage sales consultant with RHB Bank Berhad Malaysia.
Ng Ju Ynn
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Finance)
- High School: SMK Kepong Baru
- Scholarship(s): UQ International Undergraduate Scholarship 2012 (covers 90% tuition fees) through HELP University
- Current work/study: Currently an external auditor with EY Malaysia
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), University of Queensland (2013)
Phua Jing Wen
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Finance), First Class Hons. (2015)
- High School: Chong Hwa High School, KL
- Scholarship(s): Affin Hwang Scholarship
- Current work/study: Currently working on MIS and Reporting (Treasury Operations Department) with the OCBC Bank (M) Berhad
Shana Teh Soo Ann
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Hons), 2016 (HELP University)
- High School: SMK Convent, KL
- Current work/study: Maybank Apprentice with Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank)
Awards & Achievements
- A Member of the team that emerged as the 1st runner-up in the Maybank GO Ahead Challenge 2014
Simone Ngam Yee Ping
Since 2017, Group Human Resource Executive with REA Group Asia, (based in Hong Kong), managing multi-country payroll, and designing induction and training. With its headquarters in Melbourne, REA is a leading global digital business marketplace specialising in property.
From 2014-2017, Senior Human Resource Generalist with Korean Air, formulating goals, targets and strategic plans and data management that aligns with company’s goals, mission and vision.
Completed postgraduate studies in Australia from 2013-2014, graduating with University of Wollongong Master of International Business, International/Global Studies, 2nd Class Upper Hons.
Candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor of Business (International Business) degree from 2010 to 2013 and graduated in 2013.
In the HELP Dream Builders team that was 2nd Runner up inf the 2012 Malaysian Finals of L’Oreal Brandstorming international creative/interactive marketing competition for university students to present an “iconic and innovative” product range for The Body Shop, in line with fair trade ingredients and the brand’s core values. Dream Builders also won the People’s Choice Award for scoring the most “likes” on the competition’s Facebook page.
Studied at SMK (P), Pudu, till 2006 and thereafter completed high school at SMK (P) Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur.
Tan Lee Chin
- Programme: Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- High School: SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (3) KL
- Scholarship(s): Awarded the UQ International Undergraduate Scholarship 2012 (covers 50% tuition fees) through HELP University
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), University of Queensland (2013)
- Current work/study: Tax Associate with EY Malaysia
Yeo Sing Yee
- Programme: Bachelor of Economics, First Class Hons. (2015)
- High School: SMK Bukit Baru, Melaka
- Current work/study: Currently working with an international bank
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded the President’s Award in 2016 for her outstanding achievements in her studies
Dewi, from Indonesia, completed Year 2 of the HELP University Bach of Business (Finance) (Hons) under a scholarship amounting to RM 8,000.
Transferred in 2014 to The University of Queensland for the Bach of Commerce final year studies under UQ Full Scholarship.
Dewi was in the UQ Dean’s Honour Roll for Semester 2, 2015, for outstanding academic excellence in a programme of study within the Business, Economics and Law (BEL) Faculty. The Dean’s Honour Roll is awarded to the top 10% of students graduating from BEL undergraduate programs Masters programs.
Lee Hwey Hwey
- Recipient of University of New South Wales Business School International Pathways Award, 2019. This scholarship award is given to provide financial support to high performing students undertaking an articulation pathway qualification from an approved overseas partner institution, who show exceptional academic ability as well as proven leadership skills through their contribution to extra-curricular projects or activities.
- HELP University Bach of Business (International Business) (Honours), 2018 under Merit Scholarship Award for Year 1.
- Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2017, under HELP Distinction Scholarship Award.
- Studied at SMK Convent, Kajang, 2015.
Liu Pow Leng
- Relationship (Real Estate) and Relationship Manager Country Desk, (China), Development Bank of Singapore.
- Maybank Corporate Banking & Client Coverage, Shanghai.
- Grand Finalist, Maybank GO Ahead Challenge. Inaugurated in 2012, Go Ahead is an international business case competition that pits the best minds from Asia’s top universities. Finalists have the opportunity to join the exclusive 2-year programme Maybank Global Apprentice Programme, and be immersed in Maybank’s global network operations and accelerate selected employees into a management role upon their graduation from the programme.
- 1st Runner-up, Malaysia, (2012), CIMA Business Global Challenge, CIMA’s annual flagship event which is a global business competition open to all undergraduate students studying for their first degree, and designed to discover and nurture future business leaders.
- HELP University Bach of Business (Accounting), 2012. Awarded HELP Scholarship Distinction Award and Merit Award.
- Studied at SMK Chung Hwa, Kuala Lumpur and obtained her Foundation in Arts in 2008.
Low Pei Yu
- Dean’s Honour Roll of The University of Queensland, Semester 2, 2015. The Dean’s Honour Roll, recognising outstanding academic excellence in a student’s program of study within the Business, Economics and Law (BEL) Faculty, is awarded to the top 10% of students graduating from BEL undergraduate and Masters programs.
- HELP University Bach of Business (Accounting),(Honours), 2015, under Merit Scholarship Award for Year 2.
- Completed Foundation in Arts under HELP Full Scholarship Distinction Award.
- Studied at SMK Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 11 As.
Low Pei Zhen
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Queensland (2018) under The University of Queensland International Economics Scholarship that was awarded based on academic merit.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) (2016), HELP University under CEO 50% Scholarship for course fees for year 1. After completing 2 semesters and with a CGPA of 3.92, Pei Zhen transferred to The University of Queensland.
- Completed Foundation in Arts, 2015 at HELP University under School Achievers Scholarship Award (SASA) and obtained a CGPA 3.84
- Studied at SMK Kepong Baru, KL (2013), scoring 10As for SPM.
Pei Zhen shares her view that the HELP’s business programmes provided her with more worldly learning and that participating in national inter-varsity competitions during her studies enhanced her analytical skills and critical thinking skills. She credits her lecturers with their sharing of not only their academic knowledge but also their industry and corporate experience that widened her perspective of business.
Luk Pui Wen
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Honours), 2018, with a CGPA of 3.61, under Merit Scholarship for both Year 1 and Year 2.
- Completed HELP University Foundation in Arts, 2013, with a CGPA of CGPA 3.12, under Distinction Scholarship Award.
- Studied at SMK Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur, 2012, scoring 8As for SPM.
Ng Wai Khin
- Regional Sales & Marketing Manager, South East Asia Frasers Property Australia Pty Limited
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Honours), HELP University (2011)
- Diploma In Management, Universiti Tunku Abdul Razak (2008)
- Studied at SMK Sri Permata (2003)
Sow Win Shern
Senior Consultant, Deloitte’s Risk Advisory
- BCom (Acct) (2013), University of Queensland, (UQ)
- HELP University BBus (Acct) (2011), transferring to UQ’s BCommerce degree programme.
- 2nd Runner-up, The Budding Value Investor 2011. Since 1988, Capital Dynamics Asset Management, (Capital Dynamics) and iCapital, (Malaysia’s only listed closed-end fund), have been committed to investor education and value investment. “The Budding Value Investor Award 2011” aimed to stir young undergraduates to learn about sound investing and its benefits. Participation in the competition was only open to undergraduates from universities in many parts the world with prestigious awards, certificates and cash prizes.
- Ausmat (also known as WACE (Western Australian Certification of Education) (2010).
Studied at SMK Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang (2009).
“Bachelor of Business (Accounting) course has prepared me well for my current career as the course structure provides lots of critical and analytical skills. It covers both theoretical knowledge and practical experience (assignment and year end project research) which helps me to be able to survive in the complex business environment. Although the course is challenging, it has modeled me to excel in all aspects of life. I manage to adapt the working environment.”
Pierre Le Minh Hien
- Senior Events Manager, Bangkok Marriott Marquis, Queen’s Park
- HELP University BBus (Hosp & Tourism) (1st Class Hons), 2014, and recipient of the President’s Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
- Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2009.
- Studied at Phan Dinh Phung High School, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2002 to 2008
“Choosing the right hospitality school is important to prepare one for a future career in the hospitality industry. I did not know what I wanted to do when I was in the BBus Year 1 at HELP but thankfully, as I progressed in the course, and with good guidance from the team of dedicated lecturers I met in HELP, I came to realise that everything one learns is very relevant and useful for application in one’s career and life”.
Oliver Hii Sheng Yuan
Graduated with University of the West of England, (UWE), Bristol BA (Accounting and Finance) (1st Class Hons)
- Completed HELP University BBus (Accounting) (Hons), Year 1 in 2014 and transferred to UWE Bristol in 2015
- Recipient of the Bristol Business School Prize for best performing direct entrant student on undergraduate Accounting, Economics and Finance Programmes
- Recipient of the Hargreaves Lansdown Prize – International Financial Management, awarded for the best student in International Financial Management
- Recipient of the Hougton Stone Prize (2016) – awarded for a Year 2 student who has obtained the highest overall mark combining the mark for assignments and examination in Principle of Taxation
Oliver studied at Catholic High School (Sibu).
Candidate for the University of the West of England Bachelor of Business and Management, (Hons,) under UWE-HELP Full Scholarship Award
Completed HELP University BBus (International Business) from 2014 to 2016 under HELP Merit Scholarship, and transferred to UWE.
Studied at SMK Bandar Sri Damansara (2), Petaling Jaya.
“I chose to pursue my studies in Bachelor of Business (International Business) at HELP because I was keen to learn different business practices/cultures around the world, which would enhance my management and leadership competence, useful for my career in the future.
I have found new interest in Entrepreneurship. I have been taking electives in this discipline at UWE for the benefit of both knowledge and for finding inspiration from this area of study.
“As I am still a student, I may not be able to provide the best advice but I do recommend students to take electives that are different from what their interests used to be in. Such new electives will broaden their knowledge and likely to develop greater learning in many other areas of study. And by doing so, they are likely to embrace the future with greater opportunities and widen their ambition with more rewarding options than if they continue with study areas they were familiar in”.
Tan Zi Xin
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (1st Class Hons), 2015 under Pricipal’s List Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Merit Scholarship for Years 2 and 3.
- Junior Accountant, Despark Auto (HQ) Sdn Bhd, Petaling Jaya.
- Studied at Papar Chinese Independent Middle Secondary School, Papar, in Sabah
- Studied at SMK Chung Hwa, Kuala Lumpur and obtained her Foundation in Arts in 2008.
Han Pei Wun
- Tutor in UQ at The University of Queensland BEL Faculty School of Business.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), The University of Queensland, 2013, with a CGPA 7.00 representing the highest possible grade average for all course subjects.
- Recipient of $30,800 Frank Finn Scholarship for international students. Awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need, the Scholarship helps the very best students complete their UQ Business School Commerce degree with a stronger focus on their studies.
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Acc) (2012) under Full Scholarship and with the Dean’s Commendation in Semesters 1 & 2, 2012.
- HELP Foundation in Arts (2009).
- Studied at SMK Convent Bukit Nanas, Kuala Lumpur.
Megan Gail Ventura
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), University of Queensland, 2016. Recipient of 100% scholarship to complete her UQ BComm final year.
- HELP Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Hons), 2015, under Merit Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Year 2, and achieving a CGPA for the 2 years of 3.66)
- Completed HELP Foundation in Arts, 2013, under Distinction Scholarship Award, and achieving 8 High distinctions and 5 Distinctions.
- Studied at SMK Ketari, Bentong, Pahang, 2012, scoring 10As for SPM, 2012.
Yap Pooi Yen
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), University of Queensland, 2016. Recipient of 100% scholarship to complete her UQ BComm final year.
- HELP Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Hons), 2015, under Merit Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Year 2, and achieving a CGPA for the 2 years of 3.66)
- Completed HELP Foundation in Arts, 2013, under Distinction Scholarship Award, and achieving 8 High distinctions and 5 Distinctions.
- Studied at SMK Ketari, Bentong, Pahang, 2012, scoring 10As for SPM, 2012.
Damien Lee Wing Keat
HELP University Bachelor of Business Major in Hospitality Management, (1st Class Hons), 2013 and recipient of HELP University President’s Full Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
Studied at Tsun Jin High School, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur.
Sales Trainer, Fuji Xerox, Asia Pacific.
“I studied Hospitality Management for my degree. It makes me understand more of business from a management perspective. It is never easy to be a part of the management team for a hotel’s operation. For the time being, I have chosen Sales Training for my career and it is opening up my mind to greater opportunities and hopefully, a rewarding career in the near future.
I am now gaining experience not only in marketing and sales, but more importantly in leadership that would strengthen my competence and confidence that could be useful for management roles in other growth industries such as hospitality and tourism that I have the right formal qualification for and that I still have great interest in.
Beh Hor Chee
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Finance) (2nd Class Upper Honours) graduate in 2012, with a CGPA of 3.41
- Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University, 2010
- Studied at SMK Jalan Damai, Bukit Mertajam, scoring 6As for SPM in 2008
Lai Chee Cheng
University of Queensland BCom (Finance), 2015
Hong Leong Bank Regional Renewal Unit, Business & Corporate Banking Division,
“Before pursuing my credit transfer to UQ for the final year of my studies, HELP was the right and crucial place to nurture my passion of craving for knowledge. Despite undergoing the ups and downs in my first 2 years at HELP, thankfully, my life was interspersed with dedicated lecturers who inspired me to strive and I thrived throughout this hardship. Those pains and gains had resulted with returns for the benefit of a promising career future. So the wisdom from the experience is that there are gains from all that happens, including struggles in life, and the price one pays would usually result in benefits.
1st Runner-up, Malaysia, 2012, CIMA Business Global Challenge, CIMA’s annual flagship event which is a global business competition open to all undergraduate students studying for their first degree, and designed to discover and nurture future business leaders.
HELP University Bach of Business (Finance), 2012. Awarded HELP Principal List Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Merit Award for Year 2.
Studied at SMK Chung Hwa, Kuala Lumpur and obtained his Foundation in Arts in 2008.
Puah Ting Wei
- Graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (2nd Class Upper Honours) candidate, 2019.
- Awarded the HELP-Chong Hwa Independent School Achiever Scholarship Award (SASA) Full Scholarship for his BBus studies.
- Studied at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 7 As for SPM and in 2015, 7 As for UEC.
Valerie Thu Pui Mann
Audit Assurance, Ernst & Young
Graduate of HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (1st Class Honours), completed under Distinction Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Merit Scholarship successively for Years 2 and 3.
Studied at Methodist College, Kuala Lumpur, and obtained 2 As and 1 B for her A-Levels.
“Bachelor of Business (Accounting) course has prepared me well for my current career as the course delivery structure provides much critical and analytical skills. The learning covered both theoretical knowledge and practical experience (on the basis of assignments and research for the year-end project paper) which helps me cope with the complex business environment. Although the course is challenging, it has modelled me to adapt to the working environment and strive for excellence in all aspects of life.”
Ngu Jin Hwei
Marketing Manager at Methodist College, Kuala Lumpur
Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (1st Class Hons), 2014. Awarded Merit Scholarship for Years 2 and 3.
Completed HELP Foundation from 2010 to 2011 under Distinction Scholarship.
Studied at SMK, Taman SEA, Petaling Jaya, for SPM.
“I took up marketing because I enjoy meeting people and prefer to work with people over numbers and machines. I feel that this programme has equipped me well with the competence and soft skills I need for career success in industry.”.
Yong Liang Wei
- Admitted to University of New South Wales (UNSW) in 2018 as a Year 2 candidate for the Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing), with exemptions for Year 1 from her HELP BBus. Recipient of New South Wales Business School International High-Achievers Scholarship in 2018.
- Completed HELP University Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (Hons), Year 1 from 2017 to 2018 under Principal List Scholarship; with a CGPA score of 3.50 out of 4.00, Liang Wei transferred to UNSW to continue her studies in Australia.
- Studied at SM Foon Yew, Johor Bahru, and scored 3As for UEC in 2016.
Wong Mei Yan
- Internal Auditor, Hong Leong Investment Bank
- Graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) with a CGPA of 3.60, under Sin Chew Daily Full Scholarship.
- Studied at SMK (L) Methodist, Jalan Hang Jebat, Kuala Lumpur up to 2013, scoring 3 As for STPM.
“HELP has prepared me well to step out from the comfort zone to start my career in industry. The knowledge and advice that I received from my lecturers will always be treasured for useful application in life. Thank you, HELP University!”
Business Development Executive, Maybank
Vincent graduated with HELP University Bachelor of Business (Finance) (1st Class Hons) degree in 2015, that he completed under Merit Scholarship Award for Years 1 and 2.
Completed Foundation in Arts at HELP University in 2011, under Distinction Partial Scholarship Award.
Studied at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 5 As: 4 A+s and 1 A for SPM.
“What I have learnt in HELP allows me to understand and adapt to real life applications faster. Challenges in studies are, in a way, limited to failure or passing subjects. In life, challenges are much more complex and greater. I regularly challenge myself to deliver not just better than others but achieve the best performance that I am able to produce.”
Tiffany Tan Wen Hui
Upon completing her final year of studies under HELP-UQ partial Scholarship at The University of Queensland (UQ), Tiffany graduated with the UQ Bachelor of Commerce (Finance).
Bachelor of Business (Finance), HELP University under HELP Undergraduate Scholarship: Merit Partial Scholarship for Year 1 and Year 2 and transferred to UQ.
Foundation in Arts at HELP University under HELP Full Scholarship.
Completed International GCE at Tenby International School, Setia Eco Park, Shah Alam, scoring 6 As.
“I started with Foundation in Arts at HELP University and continued with a business degree programme, as HELP University is one of the most highly reputable universities in Malaysia. Under the guidance of my lecturers and with my hard work, I was able to achieve good results and receive merit awards as well as the UQ-HELP undergraduate scholarship which provided me the opportunity to study abroad in Australia for my final year. I am very grateful to all the lecturers who have taught me. They were always very helpful and during consultation sessions, taught me to learn to be resourceful”.
Wan Sook Mei
Completed HELP University Diploma in Business under HELP School Achiever 100% Scholarship Award (SASA), 2017
Studied at SMK, Sg Ruan, Raub, Pahang, scoring 5 As for her SPM, 2016.
Extra-curricular School Achievements at state and district level competitions in:
- Chinese Calligraphy
- English Drama
- Athletics (100m, 4x100m, 4x400m)
Wong Ee Von
Audit Associate in Ernst & Young
Completed HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) with Distinction Partial Scholarship Award for Year 1 and Merit Partial Scholarship Award for Years 2 and 3. Graduated with BBus (1st Class Hons) in 2016 and received the President’s Full Scholarship Award for postgraduate studies.
Completed her Matriculation at Kolej Matrikulasi, Pahang, with 5 As.
Studied at SMK Bandar Baru Seri Petaling, scoring 8As for SPM.
“The BBus programme provided me with a strong foundation in understanding the important relevance of accounting in business and its wide application. The BBus also widened my knowledge of real world business operations. The lecturers at HELP are professionally trained and experienced, and facilitated students’ learning though real world case studies to heighten their learning outcome.”
Khor Ee Enn
Auditor, CA Trust PAC, in Singapore, member of TGS Global, offering global audit, tax and advisory services to SMEs, MNCs, government and non-profit organisations.
Completed The University of Queensland Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree under HELP-UQ Full Scholarship and graduated with UQ Bachelor of Commerce in 2012.
Completed HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) under Distinction Scholarship Award for Year 1 and upon completion of year 2, transferred to UQ for the final year of her studies.
Studied at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 12 As for her SPM and 6 As and 3 Bs for UEC.
“Related degrees in specific subjects are not necessary in getting a job in audit. However, having fundamental knowledge of Financial Reporting and Audit and Assurance would be advantageous as you will be able to work with effective competence, independently with minimal supervision.”
Low Jia Qi
Jia Qi, joined Ecovis Malaysia PLT (Fka ECOVIS AHL PLT) in Johor Bahru (JB), in 2019, as Audit Associate with Ecovis M’sia, an international professional accounting firm located at K Lumpur, JB, Penang and Kota Kinabalu. Ecovis Malaysia is a member of Ecovis International, a global network of specialists and experts providing professional services, across 60 countries.
Jia Qi Studied at Chong Hwa High School, Kluang, for her SPM and UEC, (the standardised test for Chinese Independent High Schools), that she completed in 2013. In 2014, she registered as a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Diploma in Business in 2014, under a 30% course fee waiver for UEC holders. After graduating with her Diploma in Business with a CGPA of 3.66 in 2016, she registered for the HELP Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Acccounting) programme under the Faculty of Business, Economic and Accounting (FBEA), qualifying for fast-tracking to Year 2. She also received a HELP bursary for UEC students, on course fees for Year 2-3, for her studies.
On completion on her HELP BBus Year 2 with a CGPA of 3.66, Jia Qi succeeded in gaining admission to The University of Queensland (UQ) and transferring her credits to Year 3 of UQ’s Bachelor degree (Accounting and Finance) programme, obtaining a HELP-UQ scholarship of 75% of course fees to complete her tertiary education in Australia. Jia Qi graduated with her UQ degree in 2018 with a score of 5.75/7.00.
“After conducting a comprehensive research and survey, I found out that HELP is one of the best universities in Malaysia. I had planned for a career as an accountant, a financial analyst, or an investment banker, which is why I chose to major in accounting and finance. I also discovered that HELP is well known and trustworthy for its business, accounting and finance courses, which is the main reason why I decided to pursue my studies there. I have come to realise that the Accounting and Finance specialism has indeed benefitted my career to date, and promises to be good for my future”.
Ng Wei Ma, Vanessa
Vanessa, who was born in Terengganu and who grew up in Pahang, joined Saward Dawson, Melbourne as Tax Accountant in 2019. Saward Dawson provides professional accountancy, business consultancy, assurance advisory, and wealth planning and finance services to clients in Australia.
She was previously Grant Officer from 2018-2019, with Australia’s Strive Student Health Initiative, an independent, multi-disciplinary initiative to improve public health and empower future health professional health care to the public. In 2018, Vanessa was also International Student Ambassador for UMSU (University of Melbourne Student Union) International, the official representative for all international students at the University of Melbourne. She had been an assurance trainee with Ernst & Young in 2017-2018.
She studied at SMK Sultan Abu Bakar, Kuantan, and obtained her SPM in 2013, scoring 6 A+s and 4 As, then went on to complete her Foundation studies in early 2015, at a private university in Malaysia, where she was a volunteer at the Asia Leadership Conference. Vanessa achieved High Distinction grades for all 12 subjects and an overall score of 92.25/100 for her Foundation studies.
Vanessa progressed to tertiary education with HELP University in 2015, as a candidate for the Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Accounting) degree progamme, receiving HELP’s Distinction Partial Scholarship for her studies. At HELP, Vanessa was High Achiever Student Ambassador. Upon partial completion of her HELP BBus, and with a CGPA of 3.97, she gained admission into the University of Melbourne, securing credit transfers from her HELP grades to her Melbourne Bachelor (Accounting and Finance) degree in Australia and graduated in 2018.
Ch’ng Siew Teng
- Admitted to University of New South Wales (UNSW) in 2017 for Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) 2017, and received the UNSW Business School International High Achievers Scholarship.
- Completed Year 1 of HELP University BBus (Accounting) in 2017, achieving a CGPA of 3.63 and transferred to Australia to continue her studies.
- Completed A-Levels at Methodist College, Kuala Lumpur, in 2016.
- Studied at Wesley Methodist School Kuala Lumpur (International) up to 2014 for her SPM.
“I chose to register at HELP University for my Bachelor of Business programme because of its strong reputation. Its partner universities are among the top 50 in the world and I had planned to transfer to the University of New South Wales in Australia.
I was glad to have benefitted from friendly course mates who were always so welcoming as well as have had the opportunity to participate in classes taught by amazing lecturers who were ever so thoughtful and willing to meet and help students to understand the curriculum topics. I have never known them to have turned a student away no matter how occupied they were”.
Khong Li Min
Admitted to The University of Queensland (UQ) in 2017 for its Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) programme, and benefitted from receiving the HELP University-University of Queensland International Undergraduate Scholarship. Li Min earned UQ’s Business, Economics and Law Dean’s Honour Roll in 2018, which is an award for outstanding academic excellence in a student’s program of study
- Completed HELP University Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Year 1 and 2 in 2017, achieving a CGPA of 3.78, then, transferred to Australia to continue her undergraduate studies.
- HELP University Business Student Ambassador from 2016 and 2017.
- Studied at Methodist College, Kuala Lumpur for her A-Level’s in 2015.
- Schooled at SMK Taman Connaught, Kuala Lumpur till 2013 for her SPM
“Studying at HELP University was truly an enjoyable experience. I had chosen accounting as my major and this was a good choice. The learning in the course not only makes one adept in managing numerical information but it also teaches one to think critically and to be able to be a good solution-provider. Additionally, the advice and experience shared by my lecturers at HELP have motivated and prepared me well to face the challenges of the environment of the working world”.
Carmen Chan Sze Ern
- Senior Assurance Associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), a multinational professional accountancy and consultancy services network ranked as one of the top professional services providers in the world and one of the global Big Four auditing firms.
- Transferred to University of Queensland (UQ) for the final year of the UQ Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) programme, 2016, under HELP-UQ 100% Scholarship.
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Finance) candidate from 2013 to 2014 under HELP full Scholarship and succeeded in obtaining a CGPA of 3.53.
- Completed A Levels at HELP Academy under full HELP Scholarship and achieved 2 As, 1 B and 1 C.
- Studied at SMK Seri Mutiara, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 8 As (3A+s, 4 As and 1 A-) for SPM in 2011.
Crystal Gan Tze Jin
- Assistant Manager, OCBC Bank Malaysia.
- Transferred to University of Queensland (UQ) for the final year of the UQ Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) programme, 2016, under HELP-UQ Scholarship.
- HELP University Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons) candidate from 2014 to 2015 under HELP Merit Scholarship Award and succeeded in obtaining a CGPA of 3.56.
- Completed Foundation studies at HELP University, 2013, under HELP Distinction Scholarship Award.
- Studied at SMK St Mary’s, Kuala Lumpur, scoring 8 As (2A+s, 4 As and 2 As) for SPM in 2012.
Kam Teik Guan
- Licensed Financial Planner with Securities Commission and since Jan 2019, Partner at IPP Financial Planning Group, Malaysia. Associated with Singapore’s leading financial advisory company IPP Financial Services Holdings, IPP Malaysia was founded in 1983 and is a pioneer in comprehensive financial consultation and planning with a strong reputation in the region for its financial services.
- Certified Financial Planner since 2015 with Financial Planning Association of Malaysia. The CFP is the globally recognized qualification for the financial planning industry.
- Financial Risk Manager certification from Global Association of Risk Professionals.
- Business Development Manager, SME Consumer Banking, Standard Chartered Bank for 1.5 years.
- Retail Banking Team Leader, The Bank of Nova Scotia, for 22 months.
- Mortgage Sales with Citibank Malaysia for 2 years.
- HELP University Alumni
– American Degree Program (ADP) at HELP from 1997 to1998
– HELP Diploma in Business from 1998 to 2000
– Australia’s Charles Sturt University Bachelor of Business, delivered wholly offshore in collaboration with HELP, from 2000 to 2003.
- Studied at SMK Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, up to SPM.
Teoh Jun Jane
Jane Teoh commenced her HELP University (HELP) Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) studies in 2019 under the CEO full scholarship she received from HELP as a sponsor of the Miss Universe competition.
Jane, from Penang, studied at SMJK Penang Chinese Girls High School where she was a school prefect. She then completed a Diploma in Business (Accounting). Jane was a fashion model and beauty pageant titleholder who competed at the Miss Universe Malaysia 2018 contest, at which she was crowned winner, receiving a cash award and sponsored prizes. Later in the year, Jane represented Malaysia at the Miss Universe 2018 competition in Bangkok.
After winning Miss Universe Malaysia and being in the limelight, Jane was subject to online harassment. She decided to use the celebrity platform to speak up on the issue that is greatly affecting our youth today. In conjunction with World Mental Health Day 2018, she launch an awareness campaign against cyberbullying called “#DareToShout” and has conducted a series of talks at selected schools in Penang and also at HELP University to champion the cause.
She believes social movements like #MeToo and Time’s Up, started in response to sexual abuse in Hollywood, are very important because it strengthens the role public figures can play in correcting human behaviour and character. Jane is not afraid of challenges or stepping out of her comfort zone to achieve her goals, including helping the underprivileged and less fortunate.
“Working as a model since 19 and representing the country at 21 have taught me so much about the real world, particularly in ethics, responsibility and integrity. Exposure to real working life at a young age teaches me to strive to be the best version of myself, and never to behave improperly. I wish to establish myself in the corporate world and garner adequate experience before embarking on postgraduate studies such as the MBA. HELP is open-minded and supportive of students’ creative flair”.
Cecilia, from Indonesia, is Operations Manager/Country Manager, (Indonesia), with Saleduck-Deal Community. Originating in Amsterdam in 2010; Saleduck is an online deal community featuring exclusive online coupon codes from merchants of various industries that was very successful in the European e-commerce market, then ventured into the South East Asian region in 2016 with the establishment their regional headquarters in Kuala Lumpur.
Previously, she was:
- Data Manager with Diethelm Travel Group;
- Market Researcher with IDC, premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the IT, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets; and
- Reservations Manager with Indonesia’s bespoke PT Visi Citrawisata Travel Services
She completed HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor of Tourism Management degree programme from 2012 to 2015, under HELP’s partial scholarship for 50% of course fees, achieved a CGPA of 3.82 and graduated with 1st Class Hons) in 2016, and was given the honour as University Mace Bearer at HELP’ Convocation. For her excellent achievement, Cecilia was recipient of the President’s Award in 2016.
She completed her Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management with Universitas Katholik Indonesia, Atma Jaya, from 2009 to 2010 and also graduated with 1st Class Hons.
Cecilia studied at St Christophorus High School in Jakarta which presented her with the Best Student Award in 2008.
Lim Yi Wen
Lim Yi Wen is Table Tennis Women’s Singles Silver Medalist at the October/November 2019 Higher Education Sports Fest (HESF), hosted by the Technical University of Malaysia, Melaka (UTeM), Malacca, with almost 700 athletes from 31 contingents from Malaysian institutions of higher learning (IPT). HESF comprises 5 events: swimming, volleyball, table tennis, basketball 3 a-side and pétanque (a game of boules or bowls, that originated in France). Held annually since 2018, HESF is a major sporting event of the Ministry of Education, in addition to the biannual SUKIPT (Higher Education Institutions Games).
After secondary school at Bukit Jalil Sports School and obtaining her Malaysian School Certificate (SPM) in 2014, Yi Wen completed her HELP University (HELP) Diploma in IT in 2019 before switching her area of study to business and commenced, in 2019, as a candidate for HELP’s Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Marketing) degree, receiving a full HELP scholarship for her studies.
A Malaysian national table tennis player, Yi Wen was active in the HELP University Table Tennis Team, and was Champion at the following Table Tennis tournaments:
- Malaysian Association of Private Colleges and Universities (MAPCU), 2015
- Malaysian Private Institutions of Higher Learning Sports Council (MASISWA) Tournament, 2015
- Varsity 2016 Championship
- Kuala Lumpur Institutions of Higher Learning Sports Carnival, 2017.
Chin Wei Jean
Wei Jean, with core competencies in auditing, financial services, product/social media marketing and business development, joined Deloitte’s in 2019 as a Mergers & Acquisitions Associate. Her passion is to spread awareness related to Gender Equality, and Women Empowerment, one of UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Through social media, she advocates against sexual harassment/assault, and rape, planning to eventually end the culture of misogyny and victim-blaming. Wei Jean is also a member of the Women’s Aid Organization (WAO).
Her previous roles and industry exposure include Project Coordinator with SEATech Ventures – international capital investment company, managing projects, resources, facilities and equipment, communication, IPOs and fundraising, and Corporate Finance Engineer with Greenpro Capital -global provider of professional services to emerging businesses and high net-worth individuals to capitalize value and maximize wealth, and on IPOs and mergers/acquisitions.
Wei Jean studied HELP University’s (HELP) BBus (Accounting) (Hons) programme, 2015-2017, under HELP bursary, then transferred to The University of Queensland (UQ), graduating in 2018 with UQ’s BComm (Accounting and Finance) (2nd Class Hons). She completed Foundation in Arts in 2015 at the HELP Matriculation Centre (HMC) under HELP CEO partial scholarship. She studied at SMK Aminuddin Baki, K. Lumpur, scoring 9 As for SPM in 2013.
She was active in extracurricular activities. At HMC, she was Vice President for the Leadership and Development Sphere and Chairperson of the Prom Committee. In Australia, she actively participated in activities of the Australia Malaysia Business Council, Queensland (AMBCQ) and Singapore Business Group (Australia) (SBG), and had organized SBG workshops for international students to advise them on employment in Australia.
Sharon Ng May Teng
Sharon Ng is Management Associate with Hong Leong Bank since October 2019. She says, “she is super stoked to learn so much more, up-scale her skill-sets and expand her network!”
Previously, from 2017 – 2018, she was Events Director, Malaysian Students’ Society of Cardiff University, (MSSCF), from 2017 – 2018, Marketing/Publicity Manager, Festival of Diversity, an upscale Malaysian cultural musical production organized by MSSCF. The 2018 event, held at St David’s Hall, attracted an audience of 800, including the CEO and Executive Director of Cardiff City FC, and from 2016 – 2017, Marketing Assistant, De Silva, managing, conceptualising and generating proposals for PR and marketing related events/launches.
Sharon completed her BSc in Business Management (Marketing) at Cardiff University in 2019, graduating with 1st Class Hons. She also won the award for “Cardiff BSc Business Management Best Student” in the final year cohort. She had partially completed HELP’s Bachelor of Business Mgmt (Marketing) in 2017, under HELP’s Merit Scholarship Award, scoring a CGPA of 3.97, before transferring to Wales to complete her undergraduate studies. In 2016, Sharon completed Foundation in Arts studies at HELP’s Matriculation Centre, under HELP’s Distinction Partial Scholarship Award, and achieved a CGPA of 3.71. Sharon studied at SMK Damansara Jaya, and scored 9 As for SPM in 2014.
Active in 2015 in HMC’s Student Facilitator Committee, Sharon was also public relations student volunteer for United Learning Centre, providing education and shelter for Myanmar refugee children. She was also a Kechara Soup Kitchen volunteer, helping to provide food to the poor and homeless in Kuala Lumpur.
Nor Azian Akhbar
Azian Akhbar is Accountant since 2015, with Local Press Sdn Bhd, and its Managing Director since 2016. As Accountant, she is responsible for all financial/statutory recording and reporting. As Managing Director, she is also responsible for operating Local Press’s popular café and restaurant business: Quartet, at both its Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) and NU Sentral outlets in Kuala Lumpur. Azian was earlier, quite a Quartet regular; in due course, when the opportunity arose, she stepped up to own and manage the business. Favebiz, the all-in-one online business dashboard for monitoring retail deals and transactions, recently named Azian, one of 5 inspirational Malaysian business people in their celebration of International Women’s Day.
Azian’s previous exposure and expertise included:
- Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM)-licensed Unit Trust Consultant from 2013 to 2019, with Public Mutual Berhad;
- Accountant in 2015, with F&B’s business, Neighbourhood Supply; and
- Finance Executive from 2011-2012 with Akhbar Corporate Integrity Services, local investigative company, specializing in due diligence, employment screening and corporate fraud, in compliance with international standards, during when, she qualified in 2012, as a Certified Polygraph Examiner with the Home Ministry-licensed Polygraph Science Academy.
Born in Detroit, Michigan, USA, Azian studied at SMK TTDI and obtained her Malaysian School Certificate (SPM) in 2007, then proceeded to Universiti Teknologi MARA, (UiTM), for her Diploma in Accounting, graduating in 2011. She registered with HELP Academy (HELP) for her University of East London (UEL) Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree , conducted by HELP then, in collaboration with UEL, graduating in 2014.
Azian was active in sports during her high-school years and at UiTM, in handball, volleyball and athletics, representing her school in many events from 2003 to 2007.
Nick Foo Mun Pang
Mr Nick Foo is the founder, CEO and Chief Investment Trainer of i-SiWei Empire, an investment training services provider in Malaysia, offering training courses in English and Mandarin. He was previously, a prominent investment bank analyst, and chief course instructor, trader, and speaker in the equities market for over 8 years. He has conducted more than 100 investment market talks and educational workshops, including “Fundamental Analysis” and “Technical Analysis and Portfolio Management”, for private and institutional investors.
At 2 Malaysian prominent investment banks’ equity research departments, he was involved in small/mid cap research and also specialized on spotting trends in stocks, commodities and indices listed on the Malaysian Stock Exchange, (Bursa Malaysia).
Mr Nick Foo is a regular commentator in The Busy Weekly and Oriental Daily. He is also a regular guest on CITYPlus Sarawak RM92.5 business radio station and guest market commentator on other media such as The Sun Daily, Nikkei Asian Review, See Hua Daily and The Malaysian Reserve.
Nick Foo is from the state of Pahang, completed his Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia at SMK Katholik, Bentong, obtained his Diploma in Business Studies in International Busines and registered for HELP University’s BBus (Hons) (Finance) (Hons) degree programme, completed it in 2011, and graduated in 2012.
Nick shares his advice for the young and ambitious: “Ask yourself today about where you want your life to be in future. If you have a dream, do not hesitate and just do it with a plans. Achieving a dream is definitely not easy. There were moments when I had doubts. I also incurred a lot of failures, disappointments and pains but did not give up on my dreams. Hardship do not come to stay; they come to pass. If you want to be more successful, it is necessary to be hungry. No matter how bad it is or gets, be ready to die for success! Once the efforts are made, you would never ever head back!
Chin Kar Seng
Chin Kar Seng is Product Specialist, Personal Financial Services, Auto Loan, at Hong Leong Bank Bhd, one of Malaysia’s largest banking and financial services institutions, with over RM 200 billion in assets in 2019. He was previously interned in 2017 at Affin Hwang Capital, a specialist Malaysian-based investment banking group.
Kar Seng, from Kuala Lumpur, completed his school education at SMK Sri Sentosa, scoring 9 As and one B+ for his SPM in 2012. His brother, Chin Kar Quinn, had earlier registered with HELP University (HELP) in 2012 for the UK Degree Transfer Progamme of the Faculty of Law, transferring to the University of Manchester, and graduating with LLB with 2nd Class Upper Hons. Kar Seng registered with HELP in 2013, for the Foundation in Arts programme with HELP Matriculation Centre, (HMC), receiving the HELP sibling bursary and the Distinction Partial Scholarship for his studies.
Kar Seng obtained excellent grades for his Foundation studies, scoring 4 High Distinctions and 6 Distinctions for 10 out of 13 subjects. In 2014, he registered as a candidate for the Bachelor of Business Hons) (Accounting) degree with HELP’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA), but switched, after Year 1, to the Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Finance), completing it 2017 with a CGPA of 3.88 and graduating with 1st Class Hons. He received HELP’s Merit Partial Scholarship for all 3 years of study at FBEA.
Kar Seng passed his Chartered Financial Analyst, USA, Level 1 exam in 2017. He was a member of the HELP Investment Club and had represented HELP in the Deloitte’s 2015 Malaysia Risk Intelligence Challenge, and ICAEW 2016 Regional Business Game Challenge. He is an Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) Grade 8 pianist and was Backstage Volunteer for the 4th Asian Chopin Piano Competition held in K Lumpur in 2009.
Ibrokhim Tokhirov, from Uzbekistan, is Regional Sales and Marketing Manager with Real Avia Business LLC, in Tashkent, a tourism and business transport business agency, accredited by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), providing travel and related documentation, and 24-hour local and international airline ticket booking and ticketing, services to customers.
Ibrokhim attended school at Sehriyo private school. After obtaining his Diploma of Technical and Professional Education in 2014, from Academic Lyceum under Tashkent State Technical University, he travelled to Malaysia for his tertiary education and appropriate learning at a reputable university, to heighten his competence and confidence for successful career growth. He registered as a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor of Tourism Management Business (Hons) at the School of Hospitality and Tourism (SHOT), Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting. He received a HELP bursary of 50% of course fees for his studies, completed the programme in 2017 with a CGPA of 3.64 and graduated with 2nd Class Upper Hons in 2018.
Ibrokhim gained industry experience in hospitality and tourism when interned for 10 months with Triways Travel Network, Petaling Jaya and Diethelm Travel Company, Kuala Lumpur. He had also been Real Avia Ticketing Agent for close to 4 years in Uzbekistan before his studies in Malaysia. He returned home to join Real Avia in July 2018.
To have the edge in his career, Ibrokhim participated in Functionality Courses delivered by Amadeus, a travel technology organization which provides critical solutions that help travel operations ecosystems across the globe.
Ibrokhim is tri-lingual in English, Russian and Uzbek.
Abul Basher Mohammed Salahuddin
Basher Mohd Salahuddin (Basher), from Bangladesh, is progressing in 2020, as a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) MBA degree. It was a deliberate choice of postgraduate study for him to be competent, confident and competitive, for senior leadership and management roles that he has set his sights on, in the tourism and hospitality industry, discordant with his previous learning in biological sciences and work experience in the pharmaceutical sector. Basher received the HELP postgraduate bursary for his MBA studies, and is scheduled to complete it and graduate in 2021.
He studied at the Government Titumir College, Dhaka, and obtained his Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate, with results in the First Division for both, in 1996 and 1998 respectively. He progressed to the National University, Dhaka, for his tertiary education, graduating in 2004 with BSc in Zoology, then MSc in Fisheries in 2007, achieving respectively, 2nd Class Upper Hons and 1st Class Hons, under the Bangladeshi qualification classification system. From 2009-2014, Basher was Senior Information Officer with Servier Bangladesh Operations, responsible for consultation with doctors in various countries, and conducting studies and research for Servier, a French pharmaceuticals research company operating globally in 142 countries. During his travels, hotel operations and hospitality services caught his attention, igniting his interest in the vibrant tourism/hospitality industry with good international career opportunities, and fueling his decision to switch his career.
With the fortitude for new learning for his career switch, Basher registered with HELP’s School of Tourism and Hospitality at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, for the Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons), BBHM, and travelled to Malaysia in 2015 to commence his studies. He acknowledges that it was challenging at a relatively mature age, after graduating with both an undergraduate and postgraduate degree, and working for 5 years, focused in a different sector, but he was determined, and confident of reaching the new destination. Basher received HELP’s Anniversary Bursary for his BBHM programme, and graduated in 2019, with 2nd Class Upper Hons.
His says that success was driven by self-belief and hard work, and stresses that, with the right attitude and perseverance, nothing is impossible. Basher appreciates HELP’s education quality and learning facilities and that declares that he has chosen the right institution to pursue his studies.
Neel Aumbar Thakur
Neel Aumbar Thakur (aka Jacob Neel), from Nepal, succeeded in securing internship in March 2020, in the United Arab Emirates, with W Dubai – The Palm Jumeirah, the luxury boutique hotel of Marriott International, and focal point of the iconic, man-made and tree-shaped island extending into the Persian Gulf. Internship is part of the graduation requirement for the degree of Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons), BBHM, at HELP University (HELP), in Kuala Lumpur. Jacob Neel was admitted into the HELP BBHM in 2016, and is in the final stage of his studies. On successful conclusion of his internship at the end of 2020, Jacob Neel would have completed 93% of the course requirement, and is scheduled to complete the remaining 2 subjects and graduate with his BBHM degree, in 2021.
Schooled at Nightingale Higher Secondary School, Kupondole, Kathmandu in Nepal, where he obtained his secondary School Leaving Certificate in 2012, Jacob then studied at the Chelsea International Academy, Katmandu, for his Cambridge GCE A-Levels examination in 2014.
Planning to pursue higher education to be competent, confident and competitive for successful career growth in the vibrant and promising tourism, hospitality and leisure services industry, Jacob registered for the HELP BBHM (Hons) degree programme and travelled to Malaysia in 2016 to commence his course. He received a HELP bursary in terms of partial course fee waiver for his studies. After Year 1, Jacob deferred his studies in 2017, to occupy himself as an entrepreneur, engaged in providing digital marketing services in Nepal, earning sufficient funds to cover the course fees for his remaining years of study.
Jacob declares that he is proud to be a HELP University student and thanks the management and lecturers for nurturing him for an exciting career, and heightening the possibilities for him, in the international and diversified services industry, adding that the design of the HELP BBHM programme combines theoretical and practical knowledge, and shapes graduates for good senior positions in the sector.
Guo Peng, from Hebei Province, China, studied at Tangshan No. 12 Senior Middle High School, and obtained his Senior High School examination qualification in 2008. He travelled to Malaysia and registered with HELP University (HELP) for an overseas education that would be recognized both in China and internationally, registering for HELP’s Intensive English Programme in 2008, to gain English language proficiency for commencing his tertiary studies. He succeeded in achieving the proficiency in 2009, and gained admission as a candidate for HELP’s Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Hons) (BBIB) degree. He commenced the BBIB in late 2009, completed it, and graduated in 2013.
Planning to acquire the competence, confidence and competitiveness to be successful in in senior management roles in his career, he headed to HELP’s ELM Graduate School, for postgraduate studies and earned admission in 2013, as a candidate for HELP’s Master of Accounting and Finance, (MAF) degree, receiving HELP’s Anniversary Bursary award for his studies. Guo Peng completed the MAF and graduated in 2016.
Since MAF graduation, Guo Peng accumulated considerable industry experience in financial management, risk management, data analysis and senior level strategic planning. He began his career in 2015 as Director of Finance Risk Control with Bank of China, responsible for currency risk and data control. He subsequently joined China’s Hengyuan Group in Beijing and was transferred in 2019, to Malaysia Hengyuan International Limited (MHIL) in Kuala Lumpur. He is currently Chief Management Data Analyst in charge of data information management, data risk analysis and trading risk control, and undertakes content, data and financial risk analysis, and profitability and growth forecasts for MHIL’s subsidiary, Hengyuan Refining Co Bhd, (formerly known as Shell Refining Co Bhd).
From 2013 -2015, Guo Peng was President of the China Students’ Association at HELP and representative of the Chinese Students Association in Malaysia.
Zhang Lu, from Liaoning, China, studied at Fu Meng No. 2 Senior High School of Fuxin Mongolian Autonomous County, China, and obtained her Senior High School examination qualification in 2010. Planning for an overseas education, she travelled to Malaysia and registered with HELP University (HELP) for the Intensive English Programme in 2013, to be language proficient to commence tertiary studies. She succeeded in obtaining the required proficiency, and gained admission into HELP’s Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) programme. She commenced the course in late 2013, receiving HELP’s bursary, and completed it, and graduated in 2017.
Ambitious to be competent, confident and competitive for a significant career, she progressed to postgraduate studies at HELP’s ELM Graduate School, gaining admission in 2017, as a HELP MBA candidate. Zhang Lu received a HELP Anniversary Bursary for her studies, and garnered a Distinction Grade for Business Economics, Corporate Finance and Strategic Management.
Currently operating a jewellery business in K Lumpur (KL), selling mostly imported premium goods from China, with her Malaysian partner, Zhang Lu has been managing the operations even during her studies at HELP. Her role includes assisting in preparing financial statements, reviewing financial information, cost control, and managing the company’s social media platform. She was previously with the Chinese Embassy in KL mainly in the visa-processing for Malaysians and others intending to visit China. She has plans in the future to venture into other businesses and advance to doctoral studies.
She was a member of the Taekwondo and First Aid Club at HELP, and cherishes her student life, her activities in Malaysia that included camping trips in the wild, and enjoyed her postgraduate studies.
Er Chun Ket
Er Chun Ket from Kuala Lumpur, joined AIA, (the largest independent publicly listed pan-Asian life insurance group) in early 2020 as an Elite Pro Life Financial Planner, an exclusive AIA programme for developing the next generation of Life Planners.
From 2017 to 2020, Chun Ket was with Cheer Aspirations, (the largest cheerleading organization in Malaysia, with top-notch cheerleading programmes led by national coaches), responsible for managing all marketing activities and was committee member for all the organisation’s team events. He was interned with Cheer Aspirations from 2016 -2017, and from 2018 -2020, was Head of Department (Marketing & Events). In 2018, he was also Executive Committee Member of the Cheerleading Association and Register of Malaysia, (CHARM), the national governing body for cheerleading in Malaysia, and member of the International Cheer Union. In 2018, Chun Ket organised the Cheer Challenge, the national cheerleading competition in Malaysia.
He was previously, from 2014 – 2015, Corporate Sales Executive with JFPS Group in Kuala Lumpur. JFPS of China, is a leading business performance enhancement company with affiliated partners across the globe, that aims to improve the strategic decision-making process of businesses.
Chun Ket was admitted in 2015, by the Faculty of Business, Econimics and Accounting (FBEA) of, as a candidate for the HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor pf Business (BBus) (Marketing) (Hons) degree, but made his decision to change his specialism studies in 2016 and transferred with credits to Year 2 of the BBus (Finance) Hons programme, that he completed in 2018, and graduated with the BBus (Fin) (Hons), in early 2019.
Chun Ket had earlier, in 2015, obtained his Diploma in Business Administration at a private college in Kuala Lumpur and received credit exemption for 3 subjects when he commenced his HELP BBus studies. He completed his secondary school education at SMK Cheras Perdana, and obtained his SPM (Malaysian Certificate of education) in 2011.
Leong Weng Fai
Leong Weng Fai from Kuala Lumpur, joined AIA in June 2020, as Financial Service Consultant and involved as consultant with the Stallion Financial Planning Services Advisory Group of AIA, in a versatile twist of formal learning and drive, from hospitality services, and his passion for diving for many years, to a financial planning consultancy career.
Weng Fai continues to be active in the diving arena and since June, 2020, is Website Developer Manager for bloopbooking.com, the online dive platform. He had worked with PADI, Professional Association of Diving Instructors, Malaysia, in 2012, and continues to be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer/Instructor. From 2013 to 2016, Weng Fai was also Marketing Manager for Kittiwake Adventures, offering, sailing and extreme sea sports experiences to enthusiasts. He was formerly an active former Master Instructor at PADI in 2012, and a Master Scuba Diver Instructor with Quiver Dive Team, a multi-award winning PADI 5 Star Career Development Centre (CDC) at popular diving island resorts off Peninsular Malaysia.
Weng Fai was previously in Marketing and Sales with the Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi, 2019, and with the Bentong Holiday Resort from 2014 – 2019.
Weng Fai was a candidate for the degree of HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor pf Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons), (BBHM), degree from 2015-2019 receiving a partial scholarship fee waiver for all three years of his studies. He completed the course and graduated with his BBHM in early 2020 with 2nd Class Upper Hons. He had progressed from his Foundation in Arts studies that he commenced in 2014 and completed in 2015, at the HELP Matriculation Centre. Weng Fai was previously President of the HELP Dive Club.
Weng Fai studied at Sekolah Sri Cempaka, Cheras, in Kuala Lumpur and obtaining his SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) in 2011, scoring 4 As and 4 Bs.
Vincent Tan Kah Chun
In 2019, Vincent Tan, from Kuala Lumpur (KL), was engaged as Audit Associate with BDO Malaysia at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, member of BDO International, the world’s 5th largest network of professional firms providing audit, assurance, business advisory, tax and professional services to a wide spectrum of public and private businesses, including multinationals and conglomerates. Before BDO, he was with Ivan & Co, Chartered Accountants, assurance and tax specialists, and consultants, at Desa Park City.
From 2015 to 2018, Vincent was a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, receiving HELP’s bursary for his studies. He completed it and graduated in 2018 with 2nd Class Upper Hons, thereafter succeeded in passing his ACCA final professional examinations in 2019. He earlier obtained his Foundation in Arts qualification in 2015 at the HELP Matriculation Centre. Vincent completed his secondary school education at SMK Kepong Baru, KL, and obtained his SPM in 2013, scoring 4 As and 5 Bs.
At HELP, Vincent was highly active in volunteer, marketing and student activities, including:
- Organising fund raising for the Society for the Blind in Malaysia (SBM);
- Participating in the ICAEW Regional Business Challenge 2017;
- Being Project Team Lead/Student Ambassador for Institute Onn Ja’afar (IOJ), a non-profit organization that provides relief/material aid to the underprivileged through private/public institution volunteers;
- Being Student Ambassador for Deloitte’s Malaysia (2017-2018);
- Being Vice President of HELP University Investment Club, involved in managing many events, and collaborating with the Bursa Malaysia Young Investors Club; and
- Being the 2019 Champion of the Business Line Boardroom Challenge, a unique competition for undergraduates and postgraduates to resolve boardroom-level business problems.
From Mbezi, Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania, Mathias joined Islamic Finance News – REDMoney Group in Kuala Lumpur, in 2018, as Manager in charge of Key Accounts (S E Asia/Asia Pacific), responsible for strategic market analysis, customer acquisition, client engagement, and business development.
From 2015-2018, he was the Senior Team Lead with Fleming Critical Business Connections, connecting people and organisations with knowledge and business/employment opportunities through conferences, online conferences, training and exhibitions.
He commenced his postgraduate studies as a candidate for the degree of Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntrep) at the HELP’s ELM Graduate School in 2013, successfully completed it and graduated in 2015. Prior to his postgraduate studies, from 2009 to 2011, Mathias studied for the University of East London Bachelor Of Arts (Hons) (Business Studies) degree, delivered 3+0 at HELP’s Faculty of Business, and graduated in 2012.
Mathias studied at Shaaban Robert Secondary School in Upanga, Dar Es Salaam up till his secondary and pre university qualifications. He was attracted to Malaysia and HELP for his tertiary/postgraduate education because of the ease in obtaining a student visa and the very affordable study and living costs, compared to many other countries, with several options for twinning degree programmes, particularly with UK and Australia universities. Mathias is drawn to a career in entrepreneurship or employment/intrapreneurship in international e-commerce.
Sean William Chin Tien Xiong
Since 2019, Sean William Chin, from Kuala Lumpur (KL), is General Manager of MV Lien Minh Ltd Co, Vietnam, the exclusive agency in the country, of Leonhard Kurz Stiftung & Co KG of Germany, the worldwide leader in thin film technology.
Previously, from 2014 to 2018, he was Quality Management Representative, Business Development Manager and Deputy General Manager undertaking an intra-preneurial role, with Kong Weng Glass (KWG). KWG, based in Klang, State of Selangor, is Malaysia’s leading independent glass company, offering a wide array of glass products and glass, mirror and glazing solutions. Prior to that, Sean was Trade & Research Assistantin 2013 with the Korea Trade & Promotion Agency (KOTRA), and Administrative Assistant in 2011 with DKSH, or Diethelm-KellerSiberHegner, a Swiss Market Expansion Services Group, in Petaling Jaya, managing the warehousing and storage condition of life sciences products.
Sean William registered with the ELM Graduate School as a candidate for the HELP University’s (HELP) Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntrep) degree to develop his consciousness of the nature, challenges and the right mindset and foresight, for successful entrepreneurship. He commenced the MEntrep in 2014, received a HELP bursary for his course fees, and graduated in 2015. Before his postgraduate studies, Sean had in 2011, been a student of HELP’s Bachelor of Economics (Hons) (BEcons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, completed it in 2013, and graduated in 2014.
He registered with a private college in KL to obtain his Diploma in Computer Science & Statistics in 2010 from which he succeeded in garnering 2 subject credits for his HELP BEcons tertiary programme. Sean studied at SMK Wangsa Melawati in KL, passing his secondary school SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) examination in 2007.
Wei-Yi from Kuala Lumpur (KL), joined PKF Australia (PKF) since 2018, as an Insolvency Accountant in Sydney. PKF is a group of independent firms focused on providing accounting, business advisory and professional services in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and many other locations across Australia. During her time with PKF, she has managed a variety of insolvency administrations, including court liquidations, voluntary administrations, receiverships, and bankruptcies in a broad range of industries. Prior to her journey with PKF, Wei-Yi was a sales assistant with Uniqlo Australia in Sydney.
In 2015, Wei-Yi registered as a candidate for HELP University’s (HELP) Bachelor of Business, (BBus) (Finance) (Hons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA). She received a HELP bursary for her studies, successfully completed Year 1 in early 2016, after which she transferred, with subject credits, to HELP’s Australian partner university, the University of New South Wales (UNSW), to complete her tertiary education, and graduated in 2018 with her Bachelor of Commerce (Finance), majoring in Finance and minoring in Information Systems.
Earlier, in 2014, Wei-Yi had registered with the HELP Matriculation Centre (HMC) for her Foundation in Arts pre-university studies and received a partial HELP scholarship for the programme. She completed her Foundation qualification in early 2016 and progressed to undergraduate studies at FBEA, as a candidate for the BBus (Finance) programme. Wei-Yi completed her school education at Sri Sempurna Secondary School in Cheras, KL and obtained her SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) in 2013, scoring 8 As and one B.
In Australia, Wei-Yi is a student subscriber of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) and is looking into obtaining ARITA’s Advanced Certification over the coming years. During her time at UNSW, she was an active member of the Malaysian Students’ Organisation and volunteered in support of the Malaysia Festival 2016 in Sydney.
Yong Chee Khen
Yong Chee Khen (Khen Yong) joined Keeno Heavy Machinery Sdn Bhd, based in Hulu Langat in Selangor, in 2011 and is currently Director and General Manager at Keeno. Keeno is engaged in the rental of construction machinery (excavators, rock breakers, long arms) and contractor for earthworks, demolition works, and other heavy machinery works. Prior to joining Keeno, Khen Yong was Senior Operations Officer with United Overseas Bank Limited in Petaling Jaya.
Khen Yong registered as a candidate for the Master of Entrepreneurship (MER) of HELP University in 2018 to enrich his management and entrepreneurial competence and confidence for improving both Keeno’s operations and risk management. He commenced the MER in 2018, receiving a HELP postgraduate bursary for his studies, and as at mid-2020, had to date, been progressing well, scoring one High Distinction, 6 Distinction and 2 Credit grades for 9 subjects, and achieving a CGPA of 3.65/4.00, after completing 10 of the MER’s 12-subject requirement. Ken Yong is scheduled to complete the MER programme and graduate by the end of 2020/early 2021.
In 2008, Khen Yong commenced his undergraduate studies as a candidate for the HELP Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Finance (Hons) degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA). He completed his BBus and graduated in 2011, and started on his career.
Khen Yong studied at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Jln Ipoh, and obtained his SPM [Malaysian (Secondary School) Certificate of Education] in 2006. He proceeded to a private college in Petaling Jaya for his pre-university studies and passed his Foundation in Arts (Business) examination in 2007 to qualify for admission to university tertiary education.
Mahruj Musa, (Mahruz), from Tangail, Bangladesh, succeeded in joining US-Bangla Airlines in 2019, as Procurement Officer. US Bangla is Bangladesh’s largest private premium airline in in terms of fleet size, second only to the country’s flag carrier, Biman Bangladesh. He is pursuing MBA (Supply Chain Management)postgraduate study with Bangladesh University of Professionals, a public university established in 2008, and run in collaboration with the Armed Forces, to advance knowledge in national security, technology and modern sciences for achieving good human resource development in the country. Mahruz plans for career development in supply chain management/procurement, and not necessarily in the airlines industry.
After his A-Levels, Mahruz travelled to Malaysia in 2014 in search of a reputable university for tertiary learning and a well-recognised qualification to enhance his competency and competitiveness for a good career start. He registered with HELP University (HELP) for the Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Marketing) Hons degree at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting. He commenced the BBus in 2015, receiving HELP’s Anniversary Bursary Award for his studies, and completed it and graduated in 2019, thereafter returned home in pursuit of suitable employment to begin his career.
Mahruz completed his O Levels examinations in 2009 at BAF Shanin English Medium School, in the Dhaka Cantonment, that offers education based on the Cambridge International Examinations of the UK. He then completed his A Levels examinations in 2011 at the British Council in Dhaka.
Mahruz advises international students, especially young Bangladeshis, that it would be easy to adjust to the Malaysian culture and environment, that Malaysians are friendly, the country’s cost of living is relatively low, and says that HELP Faculty’s academic and administrative staff cooperate and relate well with students but adds that hard work and focus are important for success.
Jacob Chow Hon Jie
Jacob Chow joined PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Malaysia, Learning and Development Team in 2020, as full-time associate. Headquartered in London, PwC, is one of the Big 4 global accounting firms, and the second largest international network of professional services firms. Previously, in 2018 – 2019:
- He was Human Capital Intern – PwC Malaysia Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding; and
- Senior Executive, Talent Management with AIESEC (French: International Association of Students in Economics and Management), a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation in consultative status with UNESCO.
From 2017 – 2019, Jacob had been:
- Academic Speaker, HELP University’s Department of Business Studies, the 1st undergraduate student in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting (FBEA), with public speaking, coaching and mentoring skills, to conduct academic seminars for up to 150 Year 1 students on proper citation & referencing;
- Peer Tutor at HELP’s Department of Psychology, and FBEA Student Ambassador, holding the roles of President, University Awareness Program, and Deputy Head, Division of Digital Marketing.
Jacob commenced his HELP Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) degree programme in 2016, receiving a Merit Partial Scholarship for his studies, completed it and graduated in 2019 with a CGPA of 3.68 and 2nd Class Upper Hons. In 2016, he completed his Foundation in Arts qualification with the HELP Matriculation Centre, with the award of HELP’s Distinction Partial Scholarship and STEM bursary. Jacob schooled at at SMK Sinar Bintang, at Kepong, Kuala Lumpur, and passed his SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) in 2014, scoring 6 As and 4 Bs.
Hamid Reza Azarmi
American national from Iran, Hamid Reza Azarmi, (Dante Azarmi), is the Marketing Executive and consultant at Juwai IQI since 2018. He is responsible for marketing, client liaison, copywriting, event planning, hosting IQI corporate and marketing events, voice acting for advertisements and CSR. He is also a motivational speaker and life coach. Juwai-IQI operates under the two separate brands: Juwai.com for online advertising and media services, and IQI Global for project marketing, sales of property developments, and secondary market properties. On average the combined group already completes 1,000 sales per month, deploys an exclusive and growing network of 5,000 salespeople, and possesses a very large database of consumers in China, India, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, and Southeast Asia.
Dante previously worked in the fashion industry as well as various digital marketing and consultation roles in the PropTech and Oil and Gas industries. He has also co-founded an event organizing company that focused on large concerts and events.
Dante registered with HELP University (HELP) in Kuala Lumpur for the MBA. He commenced the well-known postgraduate management programme at the ELM Graduate School in 2015, receiving the HELP Anniversary Bursary for 50% of course fees, completed it and graduated in 2017. He was a graduate of the Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at the Faculty of Arts and Communication, (FAC). He started his BComm in 2008, completed it in 2013 and graduated in early 2014, earning the stripes for his career. Dante began his education at HELP in 2007 at the HELP Matriculation Centre (HMC) for his Foundation in Science studies, and passed the examinations in 2008. Dante completed his secondary education at Adab High School at Isfahan, one of the top private schools in Tehran.
He is conversant in 3 languages: English, Farsi, German and is currently pursuing French.
Christine Tan Hwa Xian
Christine Tan, from Malacca, is engaged in 2019, as Audit Consultant in Kuala Lumpur, with CGRM Infocomm, independent specialists in corporate governance, and pre-IPO internal controls review, internal audit assurance/advisory services, and enterprise risk management/ business process improvement, across corporate businesses and operations, and across various industries.
Christine was previously Credit Management & Internal Control Executive in 2016 and then Finance Analyst in 2019, with Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia), in Petaling Jaya. Hitachi Construction is a subsidiary of Hitachi Group, one of the world’s top 30 largest conglomerates.
Christine commenced her postgraduate studies in 2015 as a candidate for the degree of Master of Corporate Governance (MCG) of HELP University, receiving the HELP Anniversary Bursary award for her studies, and graduated in 2016. With 2 subject exemptions from her prior MCG learning, she completed her professional CPA, Australia final examinations and qualified as a CPA professional and member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants. She completed her University of London BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance programme, conducted at the Department of UOL at HELP Academy, received a HELP Distinction Partial Scholarship for the programme, and graduated in 2015. Christine studied at the HELP Matriculation Centre for her Foundation in Arts, received the HELP School Achiever Partial Scholarship Award (SASA), and completed it 2011, scoring Distinction/High Distinction grades for 6 subjects. She studied at SMK Infant Holy Jesus in Malacca and obtained 5 As and 3 Bs for her SPM.
From Sichuan, China, Zhao Lei (Ailei) has been with China State Construction & Engineering Malaysia (CSCEC) in Malaysia since 2016, participating in the tallest building built by a Chinese company outside of China – @The Exchange 106 Project, that would be Malaysia’s tallest building – from Project Interpreter/Admin Exec Assistant to Interpretation Team Leader to Document Control Dept Manager and to Main-Con Senior Project Coordinator. In the sophisticated high-paced development, she communicates with internal/external parties for effective and efficient progress. Founded in 1982, CSCEC is China’s largest construction/real estate conglomerate, the largest construction firm in the developing world with businesses in over 100 countries, and ranked 21st in Global Fortune top 500 2019. Previously self-employed from 2015-2016 in K Lumpur as Mandarin tutor for foreigners and Malaysians across age groups and proficiency levels, Ailei was also IT Sales Promoter in 2015, with In2 Marketing & Consulting, undergoing Microsoft training and participating in IT fairs and roadshows.
She registered in 2014 with HELP University (HELP) for the MBA degree, to enhance her competence, confidence and competitiveness for management and leadership roles in her career development. She was recipient of HELP’s Tan Sri Wen Scholarship for full MBA fees, and graduated in 2016, scoring Distinction grades for 6 of the MBA’s 12-subject requirement. She undertook training to achieve the required English proficiency prior to commencing her HELP Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Hons) (Accounting) studies in early 2010, graduating in 2014. Consequent to HELP’s pledge of support to the Sichuan people who suffered from the 2008 devastating earthquake, Ailei was recipient of the Tan Sri Wen Scholarship in partial settlement of the BBus course fees and for language proficiency training. She studied at Sichuan Dujiangyan Senior High School and completed her Senior High School studies in 2009.
During her studies at HELP, she was volunteer caregiver at the Sungei Buloh Leprosy Centre and Ambassador for Global Peace Foundation’s observance of Nelson Mandela Day by promoting social cohesion and peacebuilding within and across communities. She was also active at University events as event emcee, in singing and dancing, and was a member of the HELP Adventure Club.
During his HELP University, (HELP), studies, Rehvan Arumugam, from Ipoh, Perak, represented the Malaysian national team for the sprint events and competed in various international athletics events. After an ankle injury, his focus moved to sports marketing, communication and sponsorship – areas of sports management of his research for his Bachelor of Business, (BBus), final year project. In 2019, he joined the Football Association of Malaysia, (FAM), in sports marketing, sponsorship and commercial strategy.
In 2016, Rehvan was Project Executive, then Project Manager with the Dentsu Sports Asia sports/entertainment marketing agency, that provides one-stop sports solutions in sponsorship, event/athlete management/ endorsements, consultancy, legal advice, media production, sales of rights, et al, across Asia, Oceania, the Middle East, Turkey and Africa. His experience includes team management for the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games, the 2018 Asean Football Federation Suzuki Cup, the 2017 KL SEA Games and various national/ regional sports events. Rehvan was a candidate HELP’s BBus (Hons) (international Business) degree, commencing his studies in 2011, receiving the HELP CEO Partial Scholarship for all 3 years of study and graduating in 2016. He studied at Ipoh’s Anderson National Secondary School, obtaining his SPM in 2005 and STPM in 2007.
A national athlete under International Amateur Athletics Federation, Rehvan was HELP Athletics Club and Adventure Club President, leading the HELP Team to win the Malaysia Association of Private Colleges and Universities Track & Field Championships for the 11th consecutive year, garnering recognition of HELP as the best performing private university for athletics. His multifarious extracurricular activities include:
- Organising HELP Adventure Club’s activities, including the Mount Fansipan Hiking trip in Vietnam, and fund-raising club events for the World Cup carnival;
- Participating in the Halal Tech Challenge Competition at Cyberjaya that developed an online portal for Muslim sportswear;
- Participating in seminars with speakers such as Petra Group CEO, Mr Vinod Shekaran, and as moderator for the Global Peace Movement event on money laundering for terrorism presented by Mr Panner Selvam; and
- Employment by the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) from 2008 to 2014 as Athlete/Trainer and Sports Official when he represented/led RMN to win numerous sports medals and attended RMN Logistics and Supply Chain Management certification courses.
Cathy Valencia Wijaya
After graduating in 2018 with her Bachelor of Business (BBus), (Psychology), with 2nd Class Upper Hons, at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA), of HELP University, (HELP), Cathy Valencia, from Pekanbaru in the Riau province of Indonesia, joined Confluence Contour in Kuala Lumpur (KL) as Professional Services Account Manager, and was promoted in early 2020, to Future Development Team (FDT) Lead. Confluence Contour are HR Consultants in Kuala Lumpur, for a Fortune 500 company who deals with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), technology and framework for gathering, analyzing and managing geographical-location data for problem solving and decision making.
Previously, Cathy was:
- From 20717-2018, Marketing Intern in KL with Organique by Olinda Spring, the Australian organic skincare brand, managing social media content, e- marketing, customer support and networking with marketing agencies; and
- In 2017, Human Resource Intern in KL, participating in human resource appraisal and recruitment, engagement and management, administration and procurement, and facilities, with TransferFriend, the region’s and world’s leading and trusted Fintech Brand for convenient AI-driven global remittance solutions, with an annual transaction value of up to USD 580 billion.
She also had working exposure to the retail industry from 2015-2017, and was Academic Research Trainee from 2016-2017 at HELP, engaged in literature research and review, research framework & methodology development, data collection and analysis, and providing assistance for 3 research projects.
Cathy was a candidate for the HELP BBus (Hons) (Pscyh), commencing the programme in 2014, received a HELP Malaysian-Indonesian Partial Scholarship for her studies, and completed it in 2018, graduating with 2nd Class Upper Hons. She studied at Darma Yudha High School in her home city of Pekanbaru, obtaining her Sekolah Menengah Atas or Higher School Certificate in 2014.
Cathy is an Associate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management. At HELP, she was a member of the Indonesian Students Society,and a volunteer for Malaysian Psychology Students Assembly (MAPSA), organizing students activities related to psychological theories and experiments and benefitted from the experience and learning from participating in psychology conferences.
After graduating with HELP University’s (HELP) Master of Accounting and Finance, (MAF), in 2015, Pengheng, from Sichuan, China, joined the China State Construction Engineering Corp (CSCEC), Malaysia, in 2015, starting as executive in Johor Bahru, then was promoted to Senior Financial Manager. He participated in many prestigious building projects, undertaking many regional, HQ and overall project financial roles – from construction accounting to reporting and analysis and was pleased that he could apply his learning to the workplace. He distinguished himself by competently finalising financial statements in compliance with Malaysian and Chinese accounting standards, and was presented with the award of being one of CSCEC’s top financial managers.
Ranked 19th in Fortune Global 500 in 2019, CSCEC is China’s largest construction and real estate conglomerate and building contractor, and largest construction company in the developing world.
In 2013, he registered as a HELP MAF candidate to infuse his undergraduate accounting knowledge and skills with strong academic framework and exposure to professional practice to be industry-ready. He graduated with the MAF in 2015 with meritorious grades. From 2010 to 2013, Pengheng was a student of HELP’s Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Accounting) programme, and succeeded in graduating with 2nd Class Upper Hons. In fulfilling HELP’s pledge of support for Sichuan after the 2008 earthquake disaster, HELP awarded the Tan Sri Wen Scholarship to Pengheng for both the MAF and BBus course fees. Pengheng continues to pursue personal and professional growth: he commenced the HELP Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), in late 2015, receiving HELP’s partial scholarship for his studies, succeeded in completing Phase I coursework of the programme and scheduled to complete his Phase II dissertation and graduate in 2021.
Pengheng married his BBus and MAF coursemate, Li Sha, who is separately featured as a HELP undergraduate and postgraduate achiever in this Gallery. They both also studied at Sichuan’s Dujiangyan High School, from where he obtained his Senior High School Diploma in 2009. Pengheng cherishes his stay in Malaysia from when he first touched down as a 19-year old in late 2009 till the present when he has his own loving family with a baby girl, born in 2019.
From Sichuan, China, Li Sha has been with China State Construction Engineering Corp (CSCEC), Malaysia, as Administrative Manager of The Exchange 106 Project, 2016-2017, Administrative Manager in 2018, of the ERA Mixed Commercial/Residential Development Project and Assistant Marketing Director since 2019, with CSCEC, Johor, managing multiple building projects in Malaysia’s south. State-owned CSCEC is China’s largest construction and real estate conglomerate, largest global construction company by revenue, and ranked 21st in Fortune Global 500 companies in 2019. After graduating with her HELP University (HELP) Master of Accounting and Finance (MAF) degree, Previously, Li Sha was, in 2015, Junior Auditor to Senior Audit Assistant in Kuala Lumpur with Future Trend Advisory taxation/accountancy/management/business consultancy, preparing audit reports for small to large businesses.
She registered in 2013 with HELP as a candidate for the MAF for the learning and appreciation of the theoretical framework and skills which accountants and financial managers need in an increasingly complex and global accountancy environment. Prior to the MAF, she was a candidate from 2010 for HELP’s Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Hons) (Accounting) degree for a good grasp of business and accountancy disciplines for starting her career. Consequent to HELP’s pledge of support for the people of Sichuan after the devastating earthquake of 2008, Li Sha was recipient of HELP’s Tan Sri TK Wen Scholarship for the MAF and BBUS course fees. She graduated with the MAF in 2015, obtaining commendable grades, and graduated with the BBus in 2013, with 2nd Class Upper Hons.
As did her husband, Wang Pengheng – also featured as a HELP undergraduate and postgraduate achiever in this Gallery – Li Sha studied at Sichuan’s Dujiangyan High School, obtaining her Senior High School Diploma in 2009.
Li Sha has some advice for the young: manage time to study and play well, and participate in extracurricular activities as such experience will help in gaining good employment, and for HELP BBus Accounting students: do not let the recognition of your learning drift away; go for professional accountancy qualifications with maximum exemptions granted for the professional examinations.
Keith Harry Rantai
Keith Harry Rantai from Kuching, Sarawak has been engaged as a Business Development Manager in KL, since 2016, with Effective Living Sdn Bhd, a mental health services provider offering a broad range of psychological services for the management and employees of businesses and corporations. He is also the company’s liaison with various global partners and clients, including multinationals and government agencies.
Previously, Keith was:
- HR Generalist from 2015-2016 with Alpha Specialist Centre, (a holistic healthcare specialist centre in Petaling Jaya), in charge of the full spectrum of human resource functions extending to planning, recruitment, compensation, payroll administration, performance evaluation, training and development, and responsible for liaison with government agencies in all HR matters; and
- HR Executive from 2012-2015 with Safeguards G4S, a leading global, integrated security company – listed on the London and Copenhagen Stock Exchanges, in charge of a variety of functions including policy planning, industrial relations, manpower planning, health & safety and also training and development.
Keith was a candidate for HELP University’s Master of Entrepreneurship, for developing his conceptual awareness of the nature of a successful enterprise. He commenced the program in 2014, received a HELP bursary for his studies and graduated in 2017.
In 2009, he commenced the University of East London BA (Hons) (Business Studies) degree studies, wholly delivered at HELP, and graduated with 2nd Class Upper Hons in 2012.
In 2007, he obtained his Foundation in Business qualification from the Swinburne University of Technology.
Tham Choo Yuen (Adam)
Adam Tham, from Bidor, Perak and living in Seri Kembangan, Kuala Lumpur, joined MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) in 2017, as Executive. He is responsible for managing and developing consistent professional service to customers/ business partners (such as Sime Darby Autoconnexion, Tan Chong Group, Perodua and Yamaha dealers and affiliate partner: Shop.com Market Malaysia, in accordance with Bank Negara Malaysia, (Central Bank), and PIAM, (Malaysian Trade Association of Licensed Direct and Reinsurance companies for General Insurance), guidelines. He also develops business opportunities, networking and products for target audiences on social media, provides continuing professional development (CPD) product training to partners, runs campaigns and participates in conventions to create awareness, and is in charge of forecasts and credit control.
Adam was previously, Intern with HSBC Global Banking and Markets in Kuala Lumpur, in 2015, participating in daily treasury/ forex operations, and ascertaining the reliability of market news for accurate decision making, and earlier, Securities Intern with CIMB Securities, in Petaling Jaya, in 2014.
Adam registered with HELP University for the degree of MBA for his postgraduate studies, to elevate his critical thinking and managerial skills for strong leadership roles and heighten his career opportunities, globally. He commenced the MBA in 2015, receiving HELP’s Anniversary Bursary Award for his studies, and graduated in early 2017. He earlier qualified with the learning for his career with HELP’s Bachelor of Business Hons) (Finance) in 2015 at HELP’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting, (FBEA), and prior to that, started positioning his loyalty to HELP for his education when he studied for his Foundation in Arts pre-university qualification at the HELP Matriculation Centre, (HMC), passing the examination in 2010.
Adam studied at SMK Choong Hua, (Choong Hua National Secondary School), Bidor, and succeeded in obtaining commendable grades for his SPM, (Malaysian Certificate of Education), in 2008.