About this course
The Post Graduate Diploma in Education programme (PGDE) is designed for those who have completed tertiary education and aspire to be the teaching professionals in Early childhood, Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary educational institutions.
PGDE prepares both the new and the experienced educators to be inspired teaching professionals who are competent to overcome the challenges in the educational settings.
Total Course Fees
Key Features of the Programme
- Provides experiential learning opportunities to broaden the knowledge, skills, and competencies of the 21st century educators.
- Enable the learners to transfer theory into practice.
- Facilitates training to integrate the professional qualities of educators.
- Provides an engaging platform for the learners to critically analyse contemporary educational needs, trends, issues, and research practices.
- To empower the learners to be reflective and reflexive teaching professionals.
- To prepare the learners to be active and innovative change agents to foster the best educational practices.
- To equip the teaching practitioners with the mindsets and skillsets aligned with the Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0)
- To keep the learners abreast of the latest information technological tools and applications that provide engaging teaching and learning experiences.
- The modules enable the learners to employ appropriate pedagogical strategies and alternative assessment methods for meaningful learning.
- To enable the learners to design and develop curriculum, and to review its delivery critically.
The mode of delivery is blended, which includes both face-to-face and online lectures, workshops, tutorials, and self-directed learning. The learners are given access to the university supported online Learning Management System (LMS), which is the central teaching and learning resource for the programme delivery. Besides, the learners are provided access to the e-library and the library facilities at the university campus.
The programme is a study of 8 courses:
- 6 Core Major
- 1 Elective
- 1 Practicum
Teacher / Head Teacher / School Principal / Education Officer / Trainer / University & College Lecturer / Education Administrator / Educator / School Administrator
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with CGPA 2.5 and above or equivalent, approved by Senate.
- Foreign students are required to possess IELTS 5.5 or equivalent in addition to CGPA 2.5
- Non-education graduates are required to have one year teaching experience, in addition to a minimum GPA 2.5
English Requirement (International students)
- IELTS 5.5